It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ol Bessy dont have to die no mo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I didnt see a price on there, but cloning your pets, stuff is moving really fast isnt it? Would you clone you pet, alot of people would id assume.

www.the-sun.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mczinger

No I would not.

I rather give some shelter dog a new home than trick myself into believing that I can cheat death with a pet. Death is what makes other life possible. What I would get would not be my dog.

Somehow it also feels wrong towards the dignity of the animal, to copy it just because we can not let go. Instead I would give a shelter dog a new home.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Cloning would only give you a look alike personality would never be the same .

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

edit on 21-1-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ya thats what i mean, how long has it being going on for i wonder

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mczinger
I didnt see a price on there, but cloning your pets, stuff is moving really fast isnt it? Would you clone you pet, alot of people would id assume.

www.the-sun.com...

Creepy AF.

There's a reason Pet Semetary is a horror novel.

Same as those "crystals" they make out of dead things that you can wear around your neck or on a ring, no thanks...

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I might try it once.

Could name him "ReRUN"

ETA - Gawd, the thought of going through puppy-hood with another ACD just makes me tired to even think about!!

Highest energy dog on the planet!
edit on 1/21/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I kept expecting some punchline from that first video. When, at the end, the narrator says, if you have further questions about Repet, call us at this number and one of our experts will gladly answer them for you'' and the camera panned out I expected to see a bunch of cats and dogs manning the telephones.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

As much as I love and never want my kids to leave this world. And regardless if the furry family is a clone or not. I believe they will have their own souls and need the love too, but they will not be the former.

Give hope, love, a warm home in the cold, a cool place in the heat.
You will always have a Loyal, Loving and by god a Forgiving best friend.

Please consider the other options.

It's a cold day here in Pittsburgh, keep them warm and safe.

edit on 21-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It's a sad thing when your pet dies from what ever reason. But when their gone their gone.
If you have it in you, why not give another one some nub. Lots of fine animals out there that want some nubbin.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That would have been funny.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There is just one positive thing about cloning.

If for whatever reason a great deal of the animals goes extinct, we could at least with enough samples build up a gene pool.

I had this thought a few days ago when a member wrote chickenpox is on the way. That made me think about multi pronged attacks on the food sources too. Be it a natural virus or not. And cloning would be a solution if just simple DNA would be enough. No idea though if that is enough.

If it's good for one thing than for that, if we can master the technique now. I can not come up with another example that would get my support for cloning animals or humans. It's unethical for several reasons.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Doesn't work
edit on 21-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have cats, why would I want to clone my boss?

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
There is just one positive thing about cloning.

If for whatever reason a great deal of the animals goes extinct, we could at least with enough samples build up a gene pool.

I had this thought a few days ago when a member wrote chickenpox is on the way. That made me think about multi pronged attacks on the food sources too. Be it a natural virus or not. And cloning would be a solution if just simple DNA would be enough. No idea though if that is enough.

If it's good for one thing than for that, if we can master the technique now. I can not come up with another example that would get my support for cloning animals or humans. It's unethical for several reasons.

It is disgusting. I watched this video yesterday (it's 54 minutes long). It just brought me to tears what they're doing to this world...

Sales pitch for some gene editing company. I dunno..no words to explain. The whole salespitch.
Basically saying we need to adapt the animals to this world because we've destroyed it and were not going to change/stop so we need to change them.

Made me sick to my stomach. Nothing positive about this even though she spins it like it is.

Thanks,
blend

edit on 22-1-2022 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i thought ol bessy was a cow.

but no not for me. i dread the day when they leave.

i remember hearing some celeb paid 50K to have her dog cloned. that was in the last 20 or 30 yrs.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I agree it's disgusting, as I wrote before. The only ethical reason I can imagine would be after a mass extinction of many animals with thousands of individual DNA. But I do not think cloning works this way one needs a living animals.

Yes it is very unethical and I am on most levels against it. Just playing devils advocate here for the usage after a mass extinction event. And by that I mean only one "clone" for each DNA sample of animals. Like a Noah's boat but instead of 2 living of each kind with a lot of incest, 2000 DNA samples of 2000 individuals and 2000 "clones" and now we have a healthy genpool again.

Not to churn out copies from "the best" or anything like that.

top topics

join