It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bomb starting the b52 for rapid readiness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Awesome you two.... Hey is there a thread where such things are discussed? To not derail this one. Will take a closer look into this forum, only land here when a new thread is arriving

It feels like I missed out on arbitrary interesting facts all the time!

Here I have one to share too, as a sort of exchange, probably lame but anyways:
In most cars, there is a little arrow on the fuel indicator that tells you on what side the gas tank opening is. Most do not know what it is, judging by the amount of times I have watched someone change sides. Just look at the arrow on the fuel indicator if you are in a unknown car, not knowing where the gas tank sits. Like rentals or friends car and such.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

people use our chit chat here for articles

from what I've seen this is the aircraft area but most of us have a background with aircraft for various reasons.

and we have gotten and solved some unknown sightings and even get pics of gray aircraft

war stories, water cooler talk and interesting rabbit holes should be expected, never know what will spark an old memory

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That might have been a mistake telling me. Now you all might have to bear with my questions in future.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I was 47 before I learned that LOL... but driving a wrangler it was never to big a hassle remembering which side since its so obvious on a 2001.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

The father of SAC is smiling at this news.
In getting the BUFFs in the air , to Lemay , fast was never enough .

Lemay would have them strapped to Tesla rockets and standing by fully crewed on launch pads by now.

And still complain .
I remember .

He pushed defense contractors just as hard.

Still legendary.

And still lovingly referred to as "father" .

And even missed.

Sometimes.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon
a reply to: Irishhaf

i though i had the test in my pocket but and as soon as my face went under and we were upside down i wont say i panicked but i almost did.

i had to push the diver away a few times, believe it or not that was one of the first time i opened my eyes in a pool with out goggles

Did you have to go through the same school as the pilots did ?
The pilot survival school ?

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I am pretty sure Para went through a more intense version, Lowly Flight engineers did the same as pilots for survival school it was fun, not sure what that says about me.
edit on 20-1-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I am pretty sure Para went through a more intense version, Lowly Flight engineers did the same as pilots for survival school it was fun, not sure what that says about me.

You have a contorted view of "fun"
If it is still the same as the old days .

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

You have a contorted view of "fun"
If it is still the same as the old days .

I think that might be a job requirement.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

The whole crew can’t punch out on the runway. The navigators sit on a lower deck, and their seats fire down. They need several hundred feet minimum, or enough time to get to the upper deck and climb out an overhead and manually jump.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The -135 has a big metal bar over the crew entry hatch. In theory It would drop through the hatch and take it off, leaving it clear for the crew to jump. I heard it was used one time, but after three crew went out, the jet straightened up and flew right, and the pilot and copilot landed it.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

i did basic(obviously) then i went to SW prep at lackland AFB in Texas, than special warfare assignment and selection again a lackland, special warfare prep dive classes again in Texas, than a combat dive course in Florida

Airborne school Fort Benning, free fall school in Cali, sere training in Washington state, pararescue EMT-B than EMT P again at Kirkland and than my apprenticeship

THAN i got to go out and do my thing

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

wasn't there a b52 that had a nuke on it that crashed in Canada or some other icy monotonous place?

the reason i ask is because all but the pilot an co piolet jumped out.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon
Found some high quality footage of bomb starting while watching youtube.
@2:33

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join