It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save the damn children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I like to think of myself as charitable I give to beggars,regularly offload clothes to St Vincent De Paul and toss a few bucks the Salvation armys way but the thing that really really annoys me are the starving children videos where they portray it as my responsibility to feed the starving masses.

Over 9 trillion dollars has been spent in recent years propping up the Bezo's's,Musks,Icahns and Buffets of this world,all of whom are miserable employers that pay pittance,yet its up to me on my measly 40k to save the bloody world.

Most of these damn places where they have these problems have plenty of resources but its all spent by some despot on tanks and toys and large statues of their likeness which these tanks and toys parade past on national we love despot day,most aid is probably intercepted and goes into all the despots sychophants bellies or wallets as they sell it on the black market.

Then there's the fact most of what you donate goes to administation costs the CEO'S of all these charities are all on 7 digit incomes,most money donated never gets to where its intended,so yes Bill Clinton and George Bush wheres Haiti's money.

Its really sad these things happen but Im afraid to say I am not responsible for crap that happens half a world away,if the good Lord sticks someone in need in front of my face I'll help but fear,shame and guilt dont work on me anymore sorry.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

There's a reason that some of the wealthiest people in the world become "philanthropists" and founders of charities...and it ain't out of the goodness of their hearts!!

Some of these creatures are the most evil organisms on the planet, and they stay that way for generations for many of the same reasons you just cited!

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation comes to mind

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Babies have rabies # ‘em

Just kidding. Us humans are social creatures it is in our nature to help each other out, that’s how I know people like bill gates isn’t human.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   

For only nineteen dollars a month, only sixty three cents a day, you can show the world you do not hate babies and help our CEO get his girlfriend some new tits she can show off on his yacht in the Carribean. Do you hate babies or something??

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   
one in seven children in Japan live in poverty, bet you all didn't know that , oh and we still have orphanages and adoptions are still kind of not so popular. in this country you can adopt anyone you want even if that person is 40 years old, that too is probably something you all didn't know about Japanese culture, funny thing is , I didn't know it to until recently

my wife gives monthly to the Fukushima Disaster Fund here in Japan, yes after all these years these kids left without parents and all other needs are still needed. also these monuments, they erect and yearly social gatherings that pay for transportation are part of the fund, which I personally think shouldn't be , but that is life

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

For only nineteen dollars a month, only sixty three cents a day, you can show the world you do not hate babies and help our CEO get his girlfriend some new tits she can show off on his yacht in the Carribean. Do you hate babies or something??

Do I get a t-shirt, or a plush stuffed seal? baby seals are too cute.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

If your w2 looks anything like mine,
your measly 40k isn't 40k at all.
the 35k they pay you is taxed (against the law, mind you) so they can pay for wars that ended before any of us were alive.
that 30k will hardly escape local state taxes either.
Your 25k has to pay the old, you know?
20k... don't forget to save for retirement! I think they say 20% should be set aside? I guess "they" are out of touch.

15k a year- that'll hardly cover rent. Now you're stuck living in a building you don't own, handing over your hard earned money to someone who is better off than you- using what's left over to try and buy food.
10k a year? I hope you don't need a car! I've put more than that into repairs in the last year.

Don't forget health insurance- do'h! you work for free now!

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Agree wholeheartedly. A recent story from the UN claimed that world hunger could be ended with 6 billion dollars. As always it way short on details and was basically a slap at Elon Musk specifically called out in the article.

To his credit, Musk replied that he would write the check as soon as they developed a plan and provided open book accounting for the program. The UN may have responded but I haven't seen any response from them other than...ok we will have a plan.

As I said the UN statement was short on specifics as is the 6 billion for one year, ten years or forever. It implied it was forever but I seriously doubt that any 6 billion overseen and designed by governments would ever do anything other than create another 25 billion in debt and not solve anything.

Charitable organizations can be the worse offenders as far as high dollar payments to staff, admin cost, and advertising for more and what's left going to the actual cause, maybe, since once it leaves their hands it goes thru another round of hands, rarely just to the hands it was meant for.

There are too many ways for the super rich to get richer while appearing to be doing charitable donations. One of the oldest is the creation of foundations and they pay salaries to themselves while getting tax deductions for all the money in the foundation fund. I am sure there are many that actually help but too often not

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think of those heart wrenching commercials as exploiting children. The religious charities use that angle a lot. Then there is the similar exploitation of abused animals in commercials for animal rescue charities as well. It's an advertising ploy I despise.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

And every year they come around begging for new social spending, and all the good people here who are so much better than you will berate you for not gladly wanting to be taxed "just a few dollars" more every month, likely because they think they'll get something for free on your dime while your 40K shrinks again and you get nothing.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Some of these creatures are the most evil organisms on the planet, and they stay that way for generations for many of the same reasons you just cited!

Recent report about generational DNA impact on descendants of genocide survivors in Rwanda. Biochemical imbalances in survivors being passed on to offspring, genetically altered people with inherited PTSD.

All in the brain science - can happen to anyone. Not excusing the creatures under discussion, it is their choice to not mitigate how they develop their lizard brains.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Feed the children!

I ask, To Whom?

I'm Looking at You Sally Struthers !!!

🙈🙉🙊

😇

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Alex from Shriner's is sending you an adorable 'love to the recuse' blanket.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There's a reason that some of the wealthiest people in the world become "philanthropists" and founders of charities...and it ain't out of the goodness of their hearts!!

I'll re write it for you:- the reason wealthy people are rich is because they keep all the money and give nothing away.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We can't trust big Charites, many have been caught not being charitable, like the recent Ronald McDonald House throwing out a kid with cancer.
People forget, I once gave monthly to a children's charity (well known but been to long I forget the name), they were caught lying about where the funds really went but right after they started up again and squeeze more people with the sob storied and take the money.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

I'll re write it for you:- the reason wealthy people are rich is because they keep all the money and give nothing away.

But they can also claim their charitable foundations are giving everything away while they rake in the greedy returns.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude

Alex from Shriner's is sending you an adorable 'love to the recuse' blanket.

Where do I get one for me 🥺

top topics

join