It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is FedEx the worst or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I like to give people slack during these crazy times. I know people are overworked, but what I experienced today was just not right.

We go out of our way to make sure our driveway, walkways and stoops are free of snow and ice. We have never had a problem with Amazon,
or other delivery services. We've actually had pretty good service and have had nice conversations with some.

Today FedEx thought it was OK to chuck a box in the middle of my yard in the snow.
If it were a plastic waterproof bag, I'd maybe cut them some slack. It wasn't, it was electronics in a cardboard box.
What is weird is that it would actually take more effort to chuck it in the snow than to just put it by our garage, if the person didn't want to get out of the car.

I don't get much from FedEx but I know a lot of people have problems with them, but this is pretty bad.
I'm so glad that it wasn't stolen. Every day I see US society crumbling little by little. It's really sad and I don't see things getting better anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In my experience no one is worse than USPS. It's a shame, they used to be right as rain.

On a positive note. I have gotten to meet new people all over town as we exchange misdelivered mail.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I quit ordering from companies that use FedEx. If the contents could be damaged in any way, they were. They also have a habit of leaving packages on any doorstep around town, no matter what the address says on the package. There are only three streets in our town, and they're signed well so it's not like the driver could get lost. lol Having to go through the hassle of waiting for a replacement every order just got to be too much.
I've never gotten damaged goods from UPS, so I stick to the companies that use them.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Was it FedEx Express or FedEx Ground that delivered it?
I work for FedEx Express and to my knowledge, that type of delivery behavior is not tolerated at all at Express.
Express and Ground are separate entities within FedEx and from what I hear, Ground is crazy.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

When I order my honey delight wig of the interwebs FedEx charged me an additional 80 dollars at the door even tho I paid in full at the time of purchase including shipping costs. I paid the extra cost because you know...honey delight! but wasn't happy with the company and will never do biz with them again.

Yes I looked sensational.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: REDMORGAN

Our USPS mailman is absolutely awesome.

However, we're VERY rural.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've never gotten a pkg from FedEx that's not beaten up or busted open. Air purifier in box with FRAGILE stickers on all sides was tossed over my fence (they don't come in yard cause of big dog). They run over my plants at end of driveway every time. UPS not great, but better than FedEx!

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I can't speak for FedEx delivery policies over anyone elses (i.e. USPS, UPS and Amazon), but I will say this...FedEx Ground drivers are some of the craziest OTR drivers there are!! I swear, they speed up as the road gets icier, and when it's totally treacherous those guys are running flat out! I've never seen anything like it!

We get some nasty winter driving conditions out on the plains with blowing snow, ice and wind. I'm always watching out for FedEx Ground guys in my rearview mirror because when those guys come by you it's just a pure whiteout with their triple-trailers. I've often wonderd how they don't crash more often than they do (which is a lot). Those guys are NUTS!!

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I heard FedEx and UPS are merging. The new company is going to be called FED UPS.

I'll show myself out...

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I had to laugh when I read your post, because this was in my feed a couple of weeks ago.

This was back in 2014, so I can imagine it has to be 10 times worse now.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
We've been having problems with UPS lately, which is unusual.

My husband ordered a graphics card and paid extra to make sure there was a signed delivery on acceptance.

They just dropped it at the door and left.

No knock, no signature confirmation.

He paid an extra $10 for that service.

He's still pissed.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The UPS and Fed Ex workers are way overworked, I understand their frustration but they still need to do their job. Those jobs used to be good jobs, now they are hauling a real lot of heavy packages around, the job sucks now. People are getting stuff online a lot now and having it delivered, and those guys are being overworked. The problem is not so much with the delivery person as it is with UPS and Fed Ex demanding too much of their drivers.

If I was a delivery person though, I would make sure to try to do a decent job, with the way it is now, I would just quit if I worked there. They were working seven days a week around here before the New years, I kind of feel sorry for them. I have seen them struggling with big heavy, bulky packages lately, like big TVs, I bet they get sore backs a lot.

I try to buy things local and pick the stuff up myself unless I cannot get it locally. They have been good around here and so have the mail carriers, people complain that their mail is late, but I talked to the lady who delivers our mail and she said there are lots of packages they have to bring up to houses and the pay is not that great.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If possible and if it's something expensive or fragile I have it sent to our business address. All the USPS, UPS, Fed Ex people are top-notch hell our UPS guy will bring in a damaged box already marked damaged/open making any claims we do have a breeze. That said we got 30 years of mostly shipping thousands of packages each month

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

When my daughter had her office for her business, they delivered everything inside the business. Never was a package left outside. Everything had to be signed for too.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have had problems with FedEx just leaving packages at the end of our driveway. We can't see that area from our house, and with all the problems with "porch pirates", why chance it with packages left out in plain view of the road? So I INSIST on packages being delivered to my front porch. Trying to contact FedEx at any level is a waste of time. They even disabled email support a while back, and their chat systems are just brainless robots. After I had enough of that, I just started filing Better Business Bureau complaints against them. THAT gets results! Fling the crap as far uphill as you can to get someone's attention. We had a REAL problem with one FedEx driver, and I am not sure whether he quit or got fired when the pressure came down on him. Either way, good riddance.

UPS is great in this area, but I am seeing USPS taking a recent slide in FedEx's direction. We do not have physical address delivery via USPS, so it is problematical designating the address we want an online ordered package delivered to. Many sellers do not tell you the method they will be shipping, and even if they do say "FedEx" or "UPS" that doesn't absolutely mean that the package won't go to the local USPS office anyway. Something they use called "SmartPost" or "SurePost", I think. So I have to put BOTH addresses on any shipping address I provide to a seller. And even then, last week, the post office couldn't figure out what to do with two packages. They did deliver it today, which surprised me, as we do not have a mailbox up at the end of the driveway, and haven't for years now.

Honestly, we do generally like our post office, so every now and again we will contact Zaxby's and have them prepare lunches for the entire staff there. We also tip both the regular FedEx and UPS drivers that we know from sight, and the regular UPS driver REALLY appreciates the fresh tangerines we give him this time of year.

So I guess sometimes it does help to get the driver of any delivery service to know you by name and have a reason to look out for you. But unfortunately, drivers get rotated out on different routes sometimes, and then it is just pure luck how that delivery will go.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Haven't used FedEx in almost twenty years.

Consignment from London to southern Spain. Not urgent but want it there within a week. Two weeks later it turns up in Frankfurt.

Mind you, I haven't used UPS since one of their senior execs told me off the record that I shouldn't trust the company.

top topics

join