It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the purpose of creation?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Don't believe in creation if you think about it . What created nothing ? It's plain not plausible like I said in another post time is a figment just a measurement of human creation "Time" doesn't exist .
edit on 29-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Sure you can. Hydrogen atoms have one electron, a dime is worth ten pennies, a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of steel, light is faster than sound, the earth is round and orbits the sun, lightning is a galvanic reaction and not an omen from Olympus. Your attempt to reduce math and physics to sensory illusion doesn't work like you describe.

There lies your problem. When I say you can't be certain anything is real and it's all an illusion of signals, your only counter argument is to refer to specific aspects of the illusion to support your belief that its real. That is classic circular reasoning.

You are like a person wearing an advanced virtual reality headset connected to a hyper realistic physics simulation software saying, "Look! The hydrogen atoms have one electron, light is faster than sound, and the Earth is round and orbits the Sun! All of this must be real!". But we all know a virtual reality headset is just signals being sent to your eyes via light creating the illusion of those things. Just because you can observe things, measure them, interact with them, and build systems to understand them like math and science, etc. doesn't mean they are real.

Perhaps the issue is your definition of "real" in the context of an "illusion". The definition of "real" in that context is "something that exists exactly how we observe it". Something "not real" would be defined as "something that does NOT exist exactly how we observe it". Think of a movie set of an old western town, and the facades that create the illusion of multiple buildings. I would say the buildings are "not real" because they don't exist as buildings like we observe them to be, they exists as facades held up by scaffolding. You on the other hand would say they are "real" because they have doors and windows, you can measure them, you saw someone walk through their doors, and you can read the storefront signage on top. You think its real because you can observe it. Of course this is an exaggerated example and I don't truly believe you would think a movie set building is real.

What I am saying is, by nature of our limited senses we only observe a facade. It's all an illusion because what we observe it is not exactly what exists.

Just so you know, the Earth does not orbit the Sun. It orbits around the center of mass of the solar system. That creates the illusion of orbiting around the Sun.

originally posted by: TzarChasm
That depends on your definition of what is godly, which according to your previous argument, is entirely subjective. Either reality exists objectively, or doesn't.

You didn't seem to understand anything I said previously about God, which was all based on objective logic starting from One single point.

The definition of "reality" is "the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.". Well how does anyone know the world or state of things as they actually exist if their only way to observe reality is through subjective senses?

Your comment that "either reality exists objectively, or doesn't" is oversimplified. Yes, the foundation of the Universe which hosts everything that can exist, and is responsible for everything that exists, indeed exist objectively. However, no observer will ever truly observe that foundation because of the limitations of their senses. The observers will only experience a subjective reality, and they confuse that subjective reality as being objective reality.

This has been the case for centuries. For example, many people lived in a reality where the Earth was flat based on what they could observe (or couldn't observe). It wasn't until years later that further observation altered their reality, and their observations were passed on to others and biased everyone else's reality (those who didn't observe it for themselves but believed it).

Just so you know, the Earth isn't round. It is closer to an ellipsoid. This observation is not as common, therefore some still live in a reality where the Earth is a perfect sphere.

All that is a moot point anyway, because as I said we can't actually prove anything is real (exists as we observe them) because in the end our observations are just signals in our mind which can all be an illusion formed in some way by the foundation of the Universe.

edit on 8-7-2022 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2022 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join