It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the purpose of creation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The point of creation is to ensure that creation occurs.

Traversing time is a road you're not yet allowed to walk down.

All things being equal, the first paradox is the creation.

I have lived over 5000 lives. It will take most of you just one to catch up, because I created a shortcut.

When you die in this world, you go to the next step. I'll meet you there.

3640 2916 486 .. 795

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga

Ultimately, what purpose do we serve?

And... do we carry on serving a purpose once that purpose is served?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

creation (if that's what that was) has nothing to do with us. we're a happy byproduct of a planet that was also a johny come lately to the blessed event. We're distant cousins to creation and a bit like steam.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
... All things created were created by him and for his glory. ...

I was planning on adding this comment.

Colosisans 1:16-17 says:

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Can't get much clearer than that.

Romans 11:36 repeats the idea:

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

All of this is for His glory. But, before someone says that we're talking about a megalomaniacal God, we're also told that His perfect plans is to share that glory with His children. Romans 8:18 tells us this:

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

on the woo-woo side of the coin--- the creator is in constant practice of creation thats his/her purpose of existence, to create

what would be greater than taking nothing but an idea and dead & lifeless physicl matter--- then putting inert elements together to eventually turn into an organic, living, intelligent, mini-creator itself... multi-dimensional and eternal much as the creator is.... pretty much like the process of cell division as a fetus grows

spooky stuff
edit on th31164264582419302022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper

originally posted by: TerraLiga

Ultimately, what purpose do we serve?

And... do we carry on serving a purpose once that purpose is served?

Our purpose is eternal.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Chuck got bored easily from what I gathered watching Supernatural.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

For Hebrews and Christians, God simply created humanity for relationship. God is love and He created an equal for the simple purpose of loving people

What you said plus I believe it is a Spirit refining process for some even greater purpose beyond our human experience.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Amen

praise Jesus 🙏

it took me 20 years to come full circle and now like you said after my life experiences my faith and understanding is stronger than ever!

edit on 19-1-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

See the Old Testament for examples of this loving Godhead you describe.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It gives God pleasure to Create, because we are created in his image, we feel pleasure when we create, the biggest pleasure procreating a baby, so imagine what God feels when he Creates. It then makes sense, and fulfils his words and love to us, that by reason and love you can deduce his existence. It’s what true science is. The study and observation of Gods creation, not in opposition with God but by working with God to understand and help each other.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The Supreme Creator became Lonely .

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The correct answer is that he wanted children, namely Yeshua and those who will be saved.

Colosisans 1:16-17 is saying that all things were made by Yeshua and for Yeshua but when it says it was made by him what it means is that Yeshua is form so all form is manifest by Father and yet is made up of or by Yeshua. If you do not understand that Yeshua is all form then you will confuse that verse and think if means that Yeshua manifest everything when instead it was Father who is the translator and Yeshua who is the translated. It means all things translated are made up of Yeshua by Father. Yeshua is the body of all things which Father conceives. Think of it like a concept is the body of conception.

But yeah, the answer to your question is that God wanted/wants kids - that's why everything that does exist, exists.

Malachi 2:15

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

For Hebrews and Christians, God simply created humanity for relationship. God is love and He created an equal for the simple purpose of loving people

What you said plus I believe it is a Spirit refining process for some even greater purpose beyond our human experience.

That kind of sounds much more like being akin to something to use & then dispose of when done

I think I'd rather just wink out of existence than be something to use like a disposable object. In yet another existance. You sure this one's not just Stockholm Syndrome training?
edit on 1/19/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
isn’t our body meant only to be used temporarily?

you want to take yours into the next life?

we are supposed to get a new one btw

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The bulk of responses so far are as I suggested earlier; this god (or gods) was bored and wanted a playground and companionship and/or it wanted to be loved and worshipped. Am I correct?

I find it difficult to comprehend, to be frank. Before this creation event there was nothing else. No other beings, no universe, nothing. Loneliness is all that this god knows, so why the sudden interest in creating companions? What changed for it to get the Play-Doh out? There must have been a defining moment that caused this? I can't find it in either the OT or NT anywhere. What changed for this god to literally create creation?

I know that there are several die-hard creationist members within this forum but I'm noting their absence from this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

God wasn’t alone, he is Father, Son and Spirit, a Trinity

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   

No, God is a Trinity, just wanted a bigger family. Why He is called Father, like children, we are His creation, we will become like Him is His promise.
Why do people have children, why do people want offspring, they cause so much trouble and are very costly

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

So what exactly
Would you have been disappointed if God destroyed the Nazis, God destroyed Isis communism maybe
So, you want evil to flourish?

Moan that God does nothing and moan when He did

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

So what exactly
Would you have been disappointed if God destroyed the Nazis, God destroyed Isis communism maybe
So, you want evil to flourish?

Moan that God does nothing and moan when He did

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Have you ever read the Bible?
I truly doubt you are a Christian due to your answers to simple questions.

Read and study the Bible.

a reply to: Illumimasontruth
He also created us so He could love us
That’s pretty important as well

Never the KJV, it’s boring and overrated

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join