It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the purpose of creation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We've had several topics on specific subjects on the biology and chemistry of life, but not many on the biggest question.

So, let's assume creation happened. The 'when' question is not important for this topic, nor 'how'. What I like to focus on is 'why?'. What prompted whichever god it was to get up from its comfy but slightly threadbare wingback chair in the ether and decide to go create a universe and all the life in it.

Ultimately, what purpose do we serve?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

For Hebrews and Christians, God simply created humanity for relationship. God is love and He created an equal for the simple purpose of loving people

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

To live.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Though it took around 40 years my life experiences brought me full circle to 100% believe in the Christian God and the Holy Bible.

I could spend a ton of time on this topic but I'll go with a short answer. I know this answer rarely satisfies atheists but it is the short and biblical response. God created us in his image to love him, worship him, and fellowship with him. All things created were created by him and for his glory.

After the fall of man in the Garden of Eden the natural person no longer retains the image of God but he loves us beyond comprehension and has always provided us a way to be spiritually reborn.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
War against stars? Actual sentient stars that are 'gods' and create life on their planets with the hopes of their people one day going to space and building guns big enough to help out their sun by blowing up the rival suns and destroying their solar systems?

They need us to rise up and fight the ultimate battle of dark vs light, yin yang.

We are just trying to evolve into a powerful enough planet so we can one day go to war against Bettlejuice and others.

So roll up your sleeve and... wait, actually don't do that.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The tree of knowledge of good and evil allows us to experience truth in dualities.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'll give it a shot. I hope I have and endurance to get my thoughts out succinctly.

I will take this topic from an historically orthodox Christian perspective, assuming aspects of the Creator's character and nature as defined in the Bible and accepted by orthodox Christianity. I'll have to dig into my theology to lay out my belief.
A critical concept in this view is found in 1 John 4:8:

... God is love.

It does not say that God loves, or that God is the source of love, or that God manifests love; it says that God is love. This, I believe, is why the God of the Bible exists as a trinitarian construct. Love cannot exist where there is only one entity. There must be two entities for love to exist and function, and there must be the love that flows between these two. This is manifest in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. So, we see that the one God is God the Father, God the son - of the same essence, and God the Holy Spirit - proceeding from the Father and the Son.

In this perfect trinity is perfect unity rooted in perfect love, and it is a kind of love that will constantly seek to further its reaches, to find new realms to express itself. I believe that the nexus of creation is here in this love. All of the goodness in the godhead must needed be shared, poured out on other entities, otherwise it would be like a sun with not planet to shine on. While there was no need, per se for God to create in order to exist of be fulfilled, if followed that given the nature of the godhead, creation could only be a [I]sequitur[/I]. So, creation it was, creation of a reality construct that would exist outside of the Creator.

The problem was that for this creation to express the kind of divine love that we are talking about, it had to be a creation with a certain amount of free will, as there was free will within the godhead. The freewill within the godhead was not a problem as the godhead existed in a state of perfect love where that was not evil or darkness. The love in the godhead did not exist by obligation or force, but carried on perfectly in a freedom of will, of volition, and this creation needed to love likewise, from a freedom of volition. This freedom of volition required a multidimensional construct, however, that created a space for antipodes. The antipodes that came into existence in this new construct were physical as well as metaphysical, meaning that while the Creator did not author evil by any means, the creation of this new construct made a place where the antipodes that never would have occurred withing the godhead could occur. The negative end of some of these antipodes are what we call evil, and if this new construct were to be built, the Creator would have to, at some point deal with it.

The choice, then, that the creator faced was to either:
1. Not create at all and avoid the potentiality of allow those antipodes to come into existence.
2. Create a false construct that would not truly reflect the nature of godhead love, meaning that creation would be kind of an automaton.
3. Create this new construct and then deal with the evil in a way that would redeem it from the negative effects of this antipodal problem.

The Creator chose the third option, and this is why we have the fall and the redemption message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

As short as I could make it. I hope it wasn't too overwhelming. I'll answer any question and may add some thoughts further down.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

For Hebrews and Christians, God simply created humanity for relationship. God is love and He created an equal for the simple purpose of loving people

Very short version of my answer.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth
He also created us so He could love us
That’s pretty important as well

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

We're here to learn...

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What was the purpose of creation?

I think it was an art class project.

edit on 19-1-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
... All things created were created by him and for his glory. ...

I was planning on adding this comment.

Colosisans 1:16-17 says:

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Can't get much clearer than that.

Romans 11:36 repeats the idea:

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

All of this is for His glory. But, before someone says that we're talking about a megalomaniacal God, we're also told that His perfect plans is to share that glory with His children. Romans 8:18 tells us this:

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

In the end, He will share his glory with those who love him more than their own selves, and this is good and right because he loves us more than he loves his own self (as evidenced in the Son coming to give His life for His creation). This is the nature of divine love, as Philippians. 2:3-8 explains:

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[c] being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

:
edit on 2022 1 19 by incoserv because: added a thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Ultimately, what purpose do we serve?

Why do we need a purpose? It might make you feel good to think you have a "purpose" but energy and matter take many different forms. Nature is oblivious to how we "feel". If all life on this planet died off, which is always a possibility, one could say the ultimate "purpose" was death.
During our lifetime, purposeful acts enable our survival. Once we die, it's done, notwithstanding the ego trips we invent during our lifetime.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
OK, let's take stock at this early point. The question is why did creation happen, or what is the purpose of creation. You have to imagine that this deity can do and be anything it wants. It can summon up a Lazy Boy and UHD TV and watch movies about how great it is for eternity if it wants. It can create a universe of other gods to live in egalitarian utopia. It can produce a universe-sized room full of playful kittens. It can create and do anything.

But so far we have:
1) For company
2) To be idolised/worshipped/loved

Am I missing anything?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What BS!

Creation is for God's glory!
To glorify God.

Amen

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just read your post and you are so correct. Good to see you read God's word.

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
... All things created were created by him and for his glory. ...

I was planning on adding this comment.

Colosisans 1:16-17 says:

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Can't get much clearer than that.

Romans 11:36 repeats the idea:

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

All of this is for His glory. But, before someone says that we're talking about a megalomaniacal God, we're also told that His perfect plans is to share that glory with His children. Romans 8:18 tells us this:

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

In the end, He will share his glory with those who love him more than their own selves, and this is good and right because he loves us more than he loves his own self (as evidenced in the Son coming to give His life for His creation). This is the nature of divine love, as Philippians. 2:3-8 explains:

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[c] being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Have you ever read the Bible?
I truly doubt you are a Christian due to your answers to simple questions.

Read and study the Bible.

a reply to: Illumimasontruth
He also created us so He could love us
That’s pretty important as well

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If God is love, why do we lock up abusive parents?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
If God is love, why do we lock up abusive parents?

I covered that in part in my first reply to this thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

What is one of the most important needs of a Human ?

Answer : Companionship

Put a person in a Prison full of Murderers and Rapist and whats the worst thing you can do to that person ? Its to put him in a Cell alone away from all the murderers and rapist .

God was a Singular omnipotent intelligence , God was alone , So God created Sentient beings and Consciousness through out the Universe .
edit on 19-1-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: More info and Grammar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join