It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timcast IRL Podcast Swatted AGAIN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Last night, after the podcast was over, Timcast discovered they were being swatted again. It was even worse this tine. That's twice in one month. Twice already in 2022. Things are indeed escalating.

Pool disclosed that the incident was "worse" than the previous time. Pool did not give many full details because of an ongoing security risk. He said that he intends to update security to "an extreme degree."

"People are going to get nuts in 2022 ... What the f*ck were we talking about that warranted trying to get us killed on more than one occasion?" Pool asked.

thepostmillennial.com...
edit on 19-1-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

(post by BernnieJGato removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Whoever is doing this should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Could he be doing it himself for ratings? Just asking...

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Absolutely not. I've been following him for years and he's one of the most credible figures in journalism in my eyes. The first swatting was filmed, and was witnessed by multiple people. Things like this have been done to James O'Keefe and Andy Ngo as well. They've each been attacked in different ways, but in multiple and repeated ways. Lies, smears, threats, doxing, etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

The police have claimed they will find whoever has been doing this, but won't say by which method. Personally I won't hold my breath, but hopefully they do get caught.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
Whoever is doing this should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It'd be progress to see Swatting someone be a mandatory life sentence for abusing highly specialized folks' job for kicks.

And maybe an execution sentence if your "joke" hurts or kills the target

There are certain lines in protective & defensive services that should never be crossed, and crossing them shouldn't be tolerated.
edit on 1/19/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I wish someone would get the rugged man to comment on everything Tim’s been through lately.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Could someone tell me what any of this means? I don't know timcast irl or what swatting is.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I don't really know who Tim Pool is, but I agree that 'SWATting' should be dealt with just like it was an act of terrorism, because that's what it really is! Authorities should go after SWATters just as hard as they go after extremist terrorists! There is no difference between the two.

And, I'm sure there are some people out there who do these things to themselves to attract attention. They should be dealt with the same way as a person or group who does this maliciously; Life in Prison without hope of parole / Death Penalty.

This stuff has to STOP!! It diminishes the entire Public Safety world for ALL of us! Make some serious examples of some of these insolent little cowards, and throw away the key, and maybe it won't be so "cute" anymore!!

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In other countries this is a serious felony which could put those behind the Swatting for a long long time.

edit on 19-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
Could someone tell me what any of this means? I don't know timcast irl or what swatting is.

I had to look it up myself. Swatting is when someone falsely calls the police to report a serious threat (something like a hostage situation) in order to cause large numbers of police to descend on a particular place.

And yes, it should be treated as a felony, both because it's used as a terrorist tactic, and because it ties up substantial law enforcement resources.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Pretty dangerous stunt to do for ratings.. Police investigate the fake calls and if it leads back to him. He would be done.. I doubt he would go that far

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You forgot the obvious danger to the person being targeted.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder

TimCast is a video broadcast of a show by a guy named Tim Pool. He speaks on controversial political and social issues.

Swatting is when someone calls the police and reports a life-threatening situation, which gets a SWAT team and lots of other officers sent out thinking there are dangerous people to battle. Innocent people have been hurt (and killed) as a result.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Could it be a better idea for the "swat team" to verify the threat before they go in all guns blazing, because that's the danger part. Yes I agree it might put an officer in peril if the reported incident is real, but being bloody minded, that is what they are paid for.
Better to try and discover if the incident is real than going in mob handed, which they do, and an innocent person or persons getting killed.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

I doubt it, he just doesn't seem like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
This!

You are absolutely right.

We had a guy here the called in reporting his house being shot at. He recovered two .22 slugs from his siding.

The sheriff rolled in, knocked on his door asked what happened and recovered two more slugs.

Then he drove to my house, and asked if I had seen anybody down by the river.

We found out later the neighbor kids (15-16) were shooting at targets nailed to trees about 100 yds up river.

No sweat team, no shootings etc. Now they'd probably search the woods with dogs and either shoot or arrest the kids for being terrorists.

Whatever happened to checking out a scene before ripping doors down? Whatever happened to waiting for a person to leave and pulling them over to arrest them on a warrant.

Why break down doors to get the bad guy (with Innocents in the house), when you can arrest him at the 7-11 when he goes to pick up his beer?

I know at times there are extenuating circumstances, but every arrest or investigation doesn't have to start with guns drawn, popping doors, and snipers on the neighbors roof.

new topics

top topics

join