It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is FoxNews So Often Obsessed and Fixated on the Murder of a White Person.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   
January 18, 2022

What is this FIXATION Fox News has over certain deaths of White individuals? White people are killed every day in this country, but there are some that Fox News picks up on and follows to the end of the Earth.

This week for example, it's a college student who was murdered in California.

Los Angeles police are asking for the public's help in tracking down the man who stabbed UCLA graduate student Brianna Kupfer to death in a random daytime attack at a luxury furniture store.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

While very important things were occurring that affects all Americans, Fox News was ignoring them today, to carry a 1-hour law-enforcement briefing on this murder. This has been top-tier FoxNews material for several days now.

------------

Similarly, around Christmas, it was some White guy who killed his White girlfriend, and was later found eaten by alligators in Florida. This "saga" dragged out as FoxNews's #1 story for most of the Fall.

-------------

Before that, during the late summer of 2021, it was some White lawyer who killed his son (or the other way around) in the Southeast U.S., that captivated FoxNews headlines for about a month.

-------------

Before that, in 2020, it was a White girl who went missing, and was eventually found murdered in an Iowa cornfield. Every briefing by law enforcement and plea from her parents, was carried live on FoxNews, regardless of what else was happening in the country.

MSNBC is obsessed with the January 6, 2021 protest at the Capitol, because they want it to lead to former President Trump. This I understand.

But, in your opinion, are these "White man or woman murdered" fixations, a reflection of what FoxNews ownership cares about the most for some reason? If so, WHY?

-CareWeMust

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'll tell you why, because many of these deaths are ignored by other mainstream media as not convenient for dominant narratives. For example, on a related note, Jill Biden just posted about needing healing for the nation such as the Waukesha parade attack as a "crash." So did many outlets for a long time. They ignore anything that would undermine the narrative that it's all white people attacking other races, based on hate. In the most recent synagogue attack, both Biden and the FBI tried to obfuscate any anti-semitic motivation. Why? Because it was a Middle Eastern Muslim.

Just like there have been a number of anti-Asian attacks. So, Fox is taking the other extreme and showcasing it, for better or worse. We can argue whether their coverage is accurate or beneficial, but the issue I just outlined is real once you look into it.

www.foxnews.com...

a reply to: carewemust

edit on 18-1-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is another Gabby Potatoe story.

Seems Fox coughs up these side shows once or twice a year.

Why who knows 👋👏

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Madviking

I agree the murders are real. I'm just wondering why FoxNews chooses to periodically make the murder of a White person and that person's family, the most important thing for a time.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is another Gabby Potatoe story.

Seems Fox coughs up these side shows once or twice a year.

Why who knows 👋👏

My first inclination is that Biden Admin told FoxNews to stop hammering the President so relentlessly. Then I remembered how FoxNews elevated the little girl murdered in Iowa to the #1 story for several weeks...back when Donald Trump was President.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As I said above, it's explicitly to counter the absence of the coverage, or obfuscation, on other channels. Like the parade attack that killed numerous people. Most of the liberal/leftist media not only stokes the flames of racial resentment, constantly, but also covers up for the consequences of such fear mongering and division. The parade attacker cited many such narratives.

The other side of this is that Fox and conservatives have decided to focus in on the soft-on-crime, George Soros district attorneys including that in Los Angelas where the recent murder took place, and defund the police type narratives. So, the example of the girl in LA stabbed to death when I heard the coverage was not about her being white but it being about those issues.

May I ask, does it bother you having a single large outlet discussing the other side of these issues, from critical race theory to crime?

Having said that, I also know Fox News plays on its own base too, their own biases, etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Pretty white girls for whatever reason get bigger ratings. Fox is also aware of where their ratings come from.
edit on 18-1-2022 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)
Had to edit my original, didn't read it properly.
edit on 18-1-2022 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So when CNN and MSNBC called 2020-21 riots "Mostly peaceful," and ignored all damage and even deaths, there was nothing to counter I'm sure.

When they called the Waukesha parade attacks, which killed multiple people, "SUV crashes," I'm sure there was nothing to counter either.

With the puppet district attorneys who have been funded by dark money, who release people without bail for numerous offenses, or simply don't charge them, and crime rises, I presume you also say there is nothing to see here?

And what about the anti-Asian hate attacks too? Nothing to see here right?

originally posted by: Paschar0
This isn't a "counter" to other networks. It's an old school ratings grabber. Pretty white girls for whatever reason get bigger ratings. That's it. $.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Pretty white girls for whatever reason get bigger ratings. Fox is also aware of where their ratings come from.

This.

The girl from UCLA is all over the news, not just FOX.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think it has everything to do with the victims appearance. (black, white, or otherwise)

Good looking people get better ratings. People are more interested for some reason.
It's our fault. (human nature)
Dead folks and the story behind them have to be good looking or else the public as a whole won't care and won't watch.

edit on 18-1-2022 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think they are using her good looks to hype up the sympathy.

But, they are using it to push the "crime is rising" narrative.
a reply to: canucks555

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madviking
May I ask, does it bother you having a single large outlet discussing the other side of these issues, from critical race theory to crime?

Having said that, I also know Fox News plays on its own base too, their own biases, etc.

It annoys me. I turn on XM-radio in the car to hear the latest news. MSNBC is broadcasting the usual "We're closing in on Trump" trash. FoxNews is broadcasting a News Briefing about a single individual murdered in California...where many murders occur every blessed day.

So I'm forced this morning to listen to CNN. They weren't all that bad actually. Wondering why more people are freaking out over the Omicron, and other things that Fauci cares about.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Pretty white girls for whatever reason get bigger ratings. Fox is also aware of where their ratings come from. Had to edit my original, didn't read it properly.

The lawyer killed by his son (or dad) last year was a man. The girl killed and left in an Iowa cornfield was a young teen.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
I think it has everything to do with the victims appearance. (black, white, or otherwise)

Good looking people get better ratings. People are more interested for some reason.
Dead folks and the story behind them have to be good looking or else the public as a whole won't care and won't watch.

George Floyd was an ugly son of a bich, imo.

edit on 1/18/2022 by carewemust because: added "imo"

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 18, 2022

What is this FIXATION Fox News has over certain deaths of White individuals? White people are killed every day in this country, but there are some that Fox News picks up on and follows to the end of the Earth.

Los Angeles police are asking for the public's help in tracking down the man who stabbed UCLA graduate student Brianna Kupfer to death in a random daytime attack at a luxury furniture store.

While very important things were occurring that affects all Americans, Fox News was ignoring them today, to carry a 1-hour law-enforcement briefing on this murder. This has been top-tier FoxNews material for several days now.

------------

Similarly, around Christmas, it was some White guy who killed his White girlfriend, and was later found eaten by alligators in Florida. This "saga" dragged out as FoxNews's #1 story for most of the Fall.

-------------

Before that, during the late summer of 2021, it was some White lawyer who killed his son (or the other way around) in the Southeast U.S., that captivated FoxNews headlines for about a month.

-------------

Before that, in 2020, it was a White girl who went missing, and was eventually found murdered in an Iowa cornfield. Every briefing by law enforcement and plea from her parents, was carried live on FoxNews, regardless of what else was happening in the country.

MSNBC is obsessed with the January 6, 2021 protest at the Capitol, because they want it to lead to former President Trump. This I understand.

But, in your opinion, are these "White man or woman murdered" fixations, a reflection of what FoxNews ownership cares about the most for some reason? If so, WHY?

-CareWeMust

Ratings.

Fox is still doing what all msm did before their Trump derangement started controlling everything they publish.

Doesn't make it right, but isn't all that surprising.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I agree in many cases. But often it's based on race not just looks too. How many of the individuals used to push the race narratives, from George Floyd to Michael Brown, were traditionally good looking?

originally posted by: canucks555

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It annoys me. I turn on XM-radio in the car to hear the latest news. MSNBC is broadcasting the usual "We're closing in on Trump" trash. FoxNews is broadcasting a News Briefing about a single individual murdered in California...where many murders occur every blessed day.

You still haven't figured it out yet? You still think of it in the way it used to be, but not the way it is now.

Once upon a time, it was about 'News'. Now it is nothing more than another TV Show. It is still packaged differently, to give it the appearance of actual 'News', but that's all. Once you get past that outward packaging, it's just another TV show whose goals are simply to get the highest amount of views possible at a low cost to the Network.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No different how similar stories are ignored by CNN. Remember the van attack on Christmas parade? most outlets had forgotten it.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Profits. Clicks. And views.

Fox news viewers are majority white.

And it is human nature to sympathies with your own race more than other races.

The truth is the fox owners used algorithms to find out what kind of story's get the most views. And white death story's get more views than black, brown , or asian death story's.

It's not so much racism as it is greedy people taking advantage of human nature for profits.

Same with the other networks. We see more story's about black people being abused on cnn because that kind of story gets more views there.
The same story on fox would not get that amount of views just like the story of the cornfield murder wouldn't get as many views on cnn.
edit on 18-1-2022 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2022 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

January 18, 2022

------------

-------------

-------------

-CareWeMust

Ratings.

Fox is still doing what all msm did before their Trump derangement started controlling everything they publish.

Doesn't make it right, but isn't all that surprising.

I suppose people who have everything going well for them are the type who will listen to Sheriff's briefings, and family appeals, regarding individual missing people, or deaths.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join