It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Kingdom Britain says it is supplying anti-tank weapons to Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Pretty sure Ukraine is completely underwhelmed by NATO's response so far. Canada sent a Special Forces Unit and the UK is sending some anti-tank guns. Sounds completely like window dressing, these knobs are testing the waters. Full commitment is political suicide, but Im pretty sure plenty of our politicians were getting kickbacks on Ukrainian aid and perks for politicians family members on both sides of the aisle. Have no reason to believe it's any difference with other countries Boris, Justin, Angela among others all got a taste if not more.

www.reuters.com...

United Kingdom
Britain says it is supplying anti-tank weapons to Ukraine

"We have taken the decision to supply Ukraine with light anti-armour defensive weapon systems," British Defence Secretary Ben Wallace told parliament, saying the first systems were already delivered on Monday and a small number of British personnel would provide training for a short period of time.

He did not specify the number or type of weapons that were being sent, but said: "They are not strategic weapons and pose no threat to Russia. They are to use in self-defence."

Current Russia Military positions

edit on 18-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

When they say "supplying", I presume that they really mean "selling"?

Britain is quite a big arms dealer, it's well known, so is this really news?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Edit: S&F👍🏼😔
edit on 18-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Fellow Brit here, I just think with the huge cuts to the defence budget I can't fathom how we're even able to supply military assets to Ukraine. All the while the UK will inevitably be pulled in to a conflict even more so, for one we can't afford it and secondly there being plenty of domestic issues going of right now such as, a corrupt government and Prime minister and the dealing with the aftermath of both Brexit and COVID politically and economically.

As sad and inevitable the situation is our tiny island nation needs to at least stay out of it militarily. So far not a great start for the Brits with a fair share of our own crap going on here.

edit on 18America/Chicagov18pm131 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18America/Chicagov19pm131 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

If anyone is going to start a false false that would be NATO's/EU's right wing groups.
edit on 18-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

How do you feel as a Brit that your government is willing to arm and support right wing nationalist groups in Ukraine? i already made a thread on this topic here on this sub section.

They had over played this one.
edit on 18-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I'm not aware of this but I know one thing is for sure over the last two years the world has been dealing with such grief, the idea of more through war makes me sad. All parties need to lower their tones and come to some compromise though diplomacy.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

When they say "supplying", I presume that they really mean "selling"?

Britain is quite a big arms dealer, it's well known, so is this really news?

Well, chit Mr. Zombies it's on Reuters so somebody pulling an actual salary writing the news thought it may be pertinent to some people however we can always talk about The rise of social media has 'turned university students into snowflakes'. If that makes you happy?

In the future, I'll PM my new thread posts beforehand to avoid future embarrassment

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26309352]putnam6[/post
LIGHT anti-armour weapons. Probably just some crappy LAWS. I would bet money they have had TOW missiles for awhile. Which is as good as it gets for ground to ground anti armor. Would cut right through Russian reactive armor.

edit on CTue, 18 Jan 2022 13:38:28 -0600pm2022-01-18T13:38:28-06:00kpmTuesdaypm2022-01-18T13:38:28-06:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Far-right extremists in Ukraine brag they have received training from the Canadian Forces: report

Some Right Wing Group Members within the Ukrainian bragged about getting Western assistance. I had read articles and documents how there were cases of western countries aiding right wing nationalist movements in South America.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
a reply to: [post=26309352]putnam6[/post
LIGHT anti-armour weapons. Probably just some crappy LAWS. I would bet money they have had TOW missiles for awhile. Which is as good as it gets for ground to ground anti armor. Would cut right through Russian reactive armor.

If it goes hot, which isn't a foregone conclusion by any stretch, they had better have a load of them considering the current Russian military positions

Here is what consists of just one of those 15 red tabs around Ukraine.

488th Mechanized Regiment
Klintsy, Bryansk Oblast
Military unit number - 12721

30+ tanks
120+ infantry fighting vehicles
18 self-propelled howitzers
18 mortars

Three mechanized battalions
One tank battalion
One recon company
One sniper platoon
One self-propelled howitzer battalion
One air defence battalion

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If Russia wanted the Ukraine they could take it in less than 24 hours.
And there would not be a damn thing the rest of the world could do to prevent it.
Just another sh__ show from the Western governments .

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sounds like everyone knows Russia has made it's decision .

Wonder why no videos are coming out showing Russia on the move or the build up .
edit on 18-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Sounds like everyone knows Russia has made it's decision .

Wonder why no videos are coming out showing Russia on the move or the build up .

who knows the validity?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

Probably some Javelins which is a great anti-tank missile system.

And can strike from above where Russian armours not so thick.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
Fellow Brit here, I just think with the huge cuts to the defence budget I can't fathom how we're even able to supply military assets to Ukraine.

It's not Britain sending their own bought and paid for military hardware. Its UK Based Arms manufacturers selling them to Ukraine.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I still maintain Ukraine is being punished for taking Trumps side on the Phone call.

The Biden administration wants this to happen and it will turn into a much bigger war.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes Russia would crush Ukraine without some kind of intervention.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Putin was afraid to do anything when Trump was in office

One year of Biden and hes ready to start WW3
edit on 18-1-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Great Britain and Germany recently negotiated to receive much of their oil from Vladimir Putin, with US President Biden's help at the negotiation table.

If the United Kingdom makes Russia angry, Russia can cause the price of gas to double overnight.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join