It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. airline CEOs warn of 'catastrophic' disruption from 5G rollout

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

This is getting deeper by the minute. I didn't realize that 3G to 4G affected cars. That being said 5G possibly will?

Which cars will be left in the dust by next year’s 3G shutdown?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Sounds like planned obsolescence, and so quickly. This means this is highly liely no surprise to the US airline industry at all, and they avoided testing because of the costs, and they were experiencing reduced profits from COVID. So instead of testing extensively when we had fewer passengers and more chances to test, they just sat on their asses, or am I oversimplifying the process.

www.popsci.com...

Some automakers, like Toyota and Lexus, are not planning to retrofit any affected vehicles. In its public FAQs on the topic, Toyota cites a clause in its disclosures that states certain connected services may change at any time without notice. And when The Drive asked Toyota if it plans to offer an upgrade, paid or otherwise, for consumers who own affected vehicles, the answer was a simple “no.”

edit on 18-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

This is getting deeper by the minute. I didn't realize that 3G to 4G affected cars.

The end of 3G will affect the cars that use it, that's what the artice is saying, right?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: putnam6

Are they trying to tell us that 5G will cause airplanes to fall out of the sky, or crash into things, because when I read catastrophic that is what I think.

I hope they're not planning the next 9/11 .
We have a sick bunch of psychopaths in government

The proof is there that 9/11 was planned from within

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Is this happening today if so do we know what time ?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

saw something about this months, maybe even more than a year ago, talking about how 5G might interfere with some flight systems and cause issues. just i believe only one thing i saw about it, then nothing more. so i thought they had long had it dealt with.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: lordcomac

I feel like the timing is a little suspect, in that they've been talking about the 5G rollout for years now. I assumed it was already live in major cities.

it's a little hard to believe the people who build these planes and emergency systems hadn't heard about it, and looked into it. To interfere it has to be using similar frequencies, which have been public information for a few years now.

It almost feels like theres one big effort to bring the US to a halt, and every big corporation is in on it.

It does and I hate that it's become my default view on stories like this.

Are airlines just squealing cause they have lost their asses in travel restrictions the past 2 years and are still not getting the filled-up flights they used to? No doubt jet fuel prices have likely risen a lot of stuff going on behind the cover of the "COVID' situation

LOL not getting filled up flights? sorry from what i have seen that is not at all the case. trying to find a flight has been an issue since the beginning of the pandemic. when ALL the airlines cut routes and flights severely, stranding thousands of people in countries far from their homes. as well as back then jacking up prices to over three times the normal costs. and overbooking flights far worse than ever. people spent over SIX MONTHS trying to get home after the airlines stranded them around the world. far from loosing their asses, they have still been making profits. even booking a couple months ahead there was just so many empty seats on aircraft we almost couldn't find two seats beside each other. and flights were a lot harder to come by then they ever were. sorry no matter the crying (even while paying staff bonus money due to their profits), the airline industry is doing, they are doing just fine, and are the ones causing a lack of flights since they decided to cut service.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Who cares about 5G technology?

Who benefits the most?

Who is most invested?

If this doesn't launch which companies stand to lose?

Why the push?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   
GAWD! As someone who works with RF and wireless every day, this subject makes me TIRED!! So tired in fact, it's almost too difficult to explain this every time it comes up.

Look, 5G is a defined set of frequencies in the radio frequency spectrum. Any RF signal above about VLF is essentially harmless, until the ERP of the signal reaches dangerous levels. This is easily measured. There's nothing "magical" about 5G. (I personally hate the technology, but not for the reasons that most people freak out about it). 5G is a different philosophy than legacy cellular communications. Because of it's frequency, it has a lower effective radius. This means there is more of it. It is very effective within its reception area, but it drops off quickly. So again, there are more sites in a given radius. RF power (or ERP) is heavily regulated, regardless of frequency. 5G is no different.

The only way 5G can interfere (with anything) is if there is intermodulation products between two different frequencies. There are countless software programs available to study these effects very accurately. Again, there's no "magic" here; it's just RF energy. It's no different than any other RF energy, just a different frequency. **Sigh**

Are there reasons to be concerned with 5G? You bet there are! Lots of them! BUT, aboard aircraft is not really one of them. In a City center area there is a lot less control over these cellular companies slamming up cell sites everywhere, but an aircraft is a very controlled environment (once airborne). If the FAA, and pilots, have concerns with 5G it's not because of the effects in the air, but rather the effects on the ground.

I really wish people would get their facts straight about 5G. The technology is highly effective (which is why cellular companies like it), but it's not some ethereal mystery. It's just RF, which has been understood since the days of Marconi (Tesla and many others).

If people want to get angry about something related to 5G (and they SHOULD), it would be allowing cellular companies to set up these sites practically every 50 yards on the ground to one-up each other in terms of QOS (Quality of Service). This is truly something to be concerned about! However, worrying about 5G like it's some kind of mysterious monster under the bed only makes people look silly...AND the cellular companies KNOW this!!!

Do the research, people! Seriously!

edit on 1/18/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Looks like they decided not to roll out the 5g today .

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Perhaps it is an environmental issue that has them scrambling to keep flights on the ground. Bugger all flights since 2019 and a lot of telescopes scraped or offline lately as well as increasing earth activity.

Is this whole charade a ‘comfort blankie’ For humanity whilst a far more fearsome threat encroaches from off world?

The information services sure do present the situation as though they are addressing kidults.

Mildly insulting and treated in the manner such twaddle deserves.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Isnt it strange that were a number of YT channel content creators telling their audiences how safe 5G tech is and was?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Is this whole charade a ‘comfort blankie’ For humanity whilst a far more fearsome threat encroaches from off world?

The US is not the world.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

5G tech is safe, in the same way a wood plank is safe, if you use it in the wrong way it can be dangerous.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

For those who understand science-speak, is this government-produced study saying 5G radio waves are triggering, or fostering Covid-19?

Published 9-2021: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Government-produced?

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: carewemust
Government-produced?

A .gov department published the findings. Are they agreeing or disagreeing?

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No it’s not but I seem to remember hearing that a heap of telescopes went off line at the same time.

reply to: ArMaP

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

This is getting deeper by the minute. I didn't realize that 3G to 4G affected cars. That being said 5G possibly will?

Which cars will be left in the dust by next year’s 3G shutdown?

HOOOOOly crap!!! Can you imagine having a one or two year old brand new car and all of a sudden all the special features no longer work?

From your link above:

The truth is a large number of new cars made in the last decade, even some in the 2021 model year, were built with their connected services running on 3G. That includes things like in-nav traffic and location data, WiFi hotspots, emergency call services, remote lock/unlock functions, smartphone app connectivity, voice assistants, and even concierge services. With few exceptions, most of those features in most of those cars will no longer work by the end of 2022 when AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile all pull the plug.

The end of 3G is perhaps the most under-covered story in the industry right now with the widest potential impact, involving millions of cars from nearly every major automaker. At the same time, the response from car companies has been uneven at best—as we’ll explain here, automakers’ plans range from upgrading people’s vehicles to 4G or 5G (for a fee, of course) to shrugging their shoulders and quietly acknowledging that their cars are about to lose a lot of features.

And we've been seeing this for quite aw while.

So here is some infor from one of the sites:

Quirk, a former NASA scientist, says he may resurrect the bill that was recently vetoed by governor Brown.

“I know scientifically that putting up these cell phone towers is safe,” he said.

But the International Association of Frefighters disagrees. It began opposing cell towers on fire stations, after firefighters complained of health problems.

“These firefighters developed symptoms,” says Dr. Gunnar Heuser who conducted a pilot study on firefighters at a station with cell towers.

“The symptoms included problems with memory, problems with intermittent confusion, problems with weakness,” Heuser said.

Heuser says their brain scans suggest even low-level RF can cause cell damage and he worries about more vulnerable groups like kids.

“We found abnormal brain function in all of the firefighters we examined,” Heuser said.

So, following lobbying by firefighters, assemblyman Quirk and his co-author exempted fire stations from their bill, making them one place cell companies couldn’t put a tower.

“This is the first piece of legislation that anyone is aware of where somebody got an exemption because they were concerned about health. Did they tell you at all about the study?” we asked the assemblyman.

Quirk’s response: “All I know is that when the firefighters ask, I do what they ask me to do.”

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

edit on 16-2-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Strange but possibly this is the next card to be played on Americans by the Government. This is NOT a fantasy as Russia, China, Italy and others have recognized the damage ti be don from 5G and have put laws in place to prevent damage.

But not the good ole USA. No sir. The elected criminals need another toy to play whack a mole with us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join