It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. airline CEOs warn of 'catastrophic' disruption from 5G rollout

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Are we really supposed to believe they are just now figuring this out? or is there another motive behind this? Is there an entity out there wanting to disrupt flights for various reasons? Find it very difficult to believe anything government or big industries or corporations spout out these days.

If this is legitimately happening, it is happening for a reason, a planned reason.

Air shipping is crucial in my industry as Im sure it's even more important in lots of others. Part of me wonders if this part of climate change/fewer carbon emissions push If so talk about a battle of the titans. Have seen it mentioned elsewhere possibly a move away from air travel as we know it.

thoughts

www.nbcnews.com...

In a letter sent Monday to United States transportation and economic officials and obtained by NBC News, the CEOs of major carriers said that the launch could ground flights and leave "tens of thousands of Americans" stranded overseas.

The warning came ahead of Wednesday's rollout of the new C-Band 5G service from telecommunications giants AT&T and Verizon. It also comes as airlines continue to contend with the fallout from widespread flight cancellations fueled by the spread of the omicron variant of Covid-19 and a series of winter storms that caused travel chaos across the U.S.

The airlines warned that the 5G signals risked interfering with safety equipment pilots rely on to take off and land in inclement weather.

“Unless our major hubs are cleared to fly, the vast majority of the traveling and shipping public will essentially be grounded,” they said in the letter, which was signed by the chief executives of American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines and Jet Blue, along with leaders of UPS and FedEx.

edit on 18-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything from Japan Air Line and All Nippon Airline .

liveandletsfly.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I feel like the timing is a little suspect, in that they've been talking about the 5G rollout for years now. I assumed it was already live in major cities.

it's a little hard to believe the people who build these planes and emergency systems hadn't heard about it, and looked into it. To interfere it has to be using similar frequencies, which have been public information for a few years now.

It almost feels like theres one big effort to bring the US to a halt, and every big corporation is in on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

liveandletsfly.com...

Well, that brings up another aspect why is no other nation's air industry showing the concern we are seeing from the US carriers? Makes it even more suspect in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It isn't just the pilots, now the FAA has commented. All I know is that I used to have Verizon, I now have ATT. Both are tricksters and will steal what they can from you.

The FAA is worried about your cellphone again

What’s 5G got to do with airplanes? Not much, argue the wireless carriers hoping to deploy the technology. But the FAA says it’s worried that C-band could interfere with some radio altimeters, aircraft safety tools that rely on nearby airwaves. The agency is so concerned that it’s been fighting to delay 5G deployment and has prepared guidance that could cause flight cancellations from airports operating near certain 5G antennas, meaning that anyone who flies or has one of these devices could be affected.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

liveandletsfly.com...

Well, that brings up another aspect why is no other nation's air industry showing the concern we are seeing from the US carriers? Makes it even more suspect in my opinion.

Control ? But as stated it has to do with bad weather taking off and landing. Actually I'm beginning to fear flying internationally to America lately.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

I feel like the timing is a little suspect, in that they've been talking about the 5G rollout for years now. I assumed it was already live in major cities.

it's a little hard to believe the people who build these planes and emergency systems hadn't heard about it, and looked into it. To interfere it has to be using similar frequencies, which have been public information for a few years now.

It almost feels like theres one big effort to bring the US to a halt, and every big corporation is in on it.

It does and I hate that it's become my default view on stories like this.

Are airlines just squealing cause they have lost their asses in travel restrictions the past 2 years and are still not getting the filled-up flights they used to? No doubt jet fuel prices have likely risen a lot of stuff going on behind the cover of the "COVID' situation

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
More information about this.

It’s Time For The U.S. To Let 5G In The C-Band Take Off

I found this part interesting:

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) published the rules for 5G transmission in the 3.7 GHz to 3.98 GHz band (also known as C-band) in March 2021, which included a 220 MHz guard band around aviation operations (twice the industry’s requested amount) as well as phased rollout for additional testing. At the 11th hour, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) made a public cry, claiming that altimeters are vulnerable to 5G transmissions.

And:

The FAA asserts, “The U.S. airspace is the most complex in the world… Aviation in the U.S. is the safest in the world. That’s because we rely on data to mitigate risk..” However, the FAA’s data did not consist of actual aviation tests performed at airports with 5G base stations as was done in Japan, Norway, France, and other countries. Instead the FAA hired an organization to create a predictive model of the worst-case scenarios of 5G transmissions at high power levels with obsolete altimeters. While such a model could be helpful to supplement real-world tests, the FAA based its decision on a laboratory model and refused to make the underlying data available to independent researchers for review. Richard Bennett, co-inventor of Wi-Fi, called the FAA’s model a hazard analysis, not a risk assessment.

edit on 18/1/2022 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Didn't Sweden ban 5 g ?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

liveandletsfly.com...

Control ? But as stated it has to do with bad weather taking off and landing. Actually I'm beginning to fear flying internationally to America lately.

I just remember all the hubbub about Huawei 5g etc. well before all the other stuff started, and it just seemed to fade into the background

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Didn't Sweden ban 5 g ?

Only if it's from Huawey.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Didn't Sweden ban 5 g ?

Only if it's from Huawey.

OK, thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
More information about this.

It’s Time For The U.S. To Let 5G In The C-Band Take Off

I found this part interesting:

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) published the rules for 5G transmission in the 3.7 GHz to 3.98 GHz band (also known as C-band) in March 2021, which included a 220 MHz guard band around aviation operations (twice the industry’s requested amount) as well as phased rollout for additional testing. At the 11th hour, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) made a public cry, claiming that altimeters are vulnerable to 5G transmissions.

And:

The FAA asserts, “The U.S. airspace is the most complex in the world… Aviation in the U.S. is the safest in the world. That’s because we rely on data to mitigate risk..” However, the FAA’s data did not consist of actual aviation tests performed at airports with 5G base stations as was done in Japan, Norway, France, and other countries. Instead the FAA hired an organization to create a predictive model of the worst-case scenarios of 5G transmissions at high power levels with obsolete altimeters. While such a model could be helpful to supplement real-world tests, the FAA based its decision on a laboratory model and refused to make the underlying data available to independent researchers for review. Richard Bennett, co-inventor of Wi-Fi, called the FAA’s model a hazard analysis, not a risk assessment.

Wow so what are the motivations behind this, sounds like it is just the US air industry that is being the fly in the ointment, what's the real motivation? cause it sounds like they half-assed it, but was it done intentionally or Im just seeing conspiracies everywhere

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I just read this last night and was wondering what in the suspicious hell!!!

Are they trying to tell us that 5G will cause airplanes to fall out of the sky, or crash into things, because when I read catastrophic that is what I think.

Or……..

Is this just another punch to the USA? Isn’t 5G already out in other countries?
Is this another way to ground Americans so we can’t escape..

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I just posted the actual FAA statement on 5G on another thread. Take a peek as they provide their concerns.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Are there different types of 5G? I admit I don't know hardly anything about it, but it's been 5G in many areas of Canada since sometime in 2020.

I don't remember any of the airports complaining of troubles, or anyone else.

here's a coverage map from one of the main phone companiess:

www.telus.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I've been thinking this all along.

They want us to believe that an army of technicians, physicists, pilots, bureaucrats, and administrators and all woke up at the same time one morning a week or two ago and collectively said, What? 5G? What's that? When? Hmm, we might should look into this!

I ain't buying it. It's bovine feces. Call me s conspiracy theorist. There's definitely something else afoot.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here's an article from 4 years ago, this isn't the surprise they are acting like it currently is.

www.aia-aerospace.org...

POST DATE: DECEMBER 11, 2018
December 11, 2018

During this year’s holiday travel season, over 50 million people will jet off to their destination. Upon boarding their flights, passengers won’t be greeted with Jingle Bells, but an announcement prompting them to turn their cellphones off once the cabin door closes. Why? Because using a cell phone may interfere with a plane’s navigation and communications equipment. This equipment operates on internationally designated spectrum bands that allow for interference-free communications, and with new technologies hitting the market, including an abundance of 5G mobile devices, the risk of interference may be growing.

Without proper testing from industry or the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the safety of such devices – and air travel – is up in the air.

Spectrum is a finite resource, meaning that there is only so much available for use by the industries who need it, and developers of new technologies are seeking access to additional spectrum bands to support the benefits of the future 5G. This has led the FCC to look at opening up spectrum bands previously allocated to other services to support the rollout of 5G technologies. But while certain spectrum bands can be safely shared when a particular product does not use up the entirety of its band that is allocated or each product is designed for sharing, that is not always the case.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Why don't you post it here, where we are already discussing it?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

5G uses several radio frequencies, and as the ones closer to the end users are not good at travelling long distances they need to use other frequencies for those longer distances.
One of those frequency bands is (or was) used by some altimeters, and that's their excuse.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join