It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I See You...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: The GUT

I don't know if you mean me or not. I'm just posting more because my best friend killed himself on 4/19/2020 because the shutdown had put him out of work. You all are kind of filling that emptiness.

Sorry to hear this.

Either through the slow creep of apathetic failure to care for oneself or the immediate decision to end one's life it's never easy to lose friends this way. I've always just had to watch them nosedive over time. I can't imagine a rash decision makes it any easier to bear.

No matter kind of a-hole I am on the internet I'd go to extraordinary lengths for nearly any of you. We're all just avatars of something bigger and better, even our real life avatars.

The range of places we might expect rational discourse, even within our real life peer groups, is rapidly contracting. What you're observing will likely accelerate, for better or worse, until the entirety of rational discourse is eliminated. The end goals of where they're taking us can't afford any rational debate, only emotion and outrage.

Both bad actors or "white hats" I'd expect to see more of having this reemergence over the next year or two until "digital ID" almost completely eliminates the ability to be an anonymous entity on the internet. There will still be places that can happen, but I find it unlikely ATS will be one of them. Those few with the ability to subvert the system will move elsewhere, but many of the voices will essentially be removed from internet discourse forever.

This doesn't really stop revolutionary thinkers because they're inherently revolutionary. Places like ATS though, they're incubators for the borderline thinkers. They simply can't afford to let places like this continue to exist. I understand why, because I'd do the same thing once it became within my ability to do so. It's becoming dangerously close to being within their power with barely a whimper from the masses.

I wish I saw an alternative outcome. Minus herculean individual efforts I see no alternative outcome.

Let's be herculean my friend, I'd loved to be surprised one more time.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Places like ATS though, they're incubators for the borderline thinkers. They simply can't afford to let places like this continue to exist.

It is also a good place to keep them from actually gathering and organising themselves...

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Places like ATS though, they're incubators for the borderline thinkers. They simply can't afford to let places like this continue to exist.

It is also a good place to keep them from actually gathering and organising themselves...

If I were looking to really throw a cog in the system ATS isn't the first place, but the number of mainstream places is rapidly evaporating.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I dont think I'm too popular around here (oh well!) because of my calling out of disinformation agents from the agency and GCHQ, basically all the "5 eyes" members that have assets placed here to make sure the narrative gets pushed and to try to tell us "xyz doesn't exist!" Lol its freaking laughable and pathetic 😂, its so easy to see from a 40,000ft.view! They dont want free thinkers anymore
S and F OP!
edit on 1 18 2022 by BerkshireEntity because: Sp

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Of course this site is monitored and manipulated by various agencies, but so is the rest of the net and even more so on the bigger sites. Remember they like to hide in plain site, they like to do the same with the truth. They have the majority of people conditioned to police themselves and believing in a false reality.

Perhaps they over did it though with leaving a breadcrumb trail in all their shenanigans and now they have to misdirect and control the narrative more than ever?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Anyone else notice these members with many years here, but few posts, showing up in greater number?

I'm not talking about the bot kind. We see you socks too but, pffft, your gruel is thin and unrewarding here heh. One or two of 'em had breakdowns I think but I won't mention any names.

I'm talking about the strong silent types that ponder at great depth and when they finally have had enough and do have something to say, boy do they have something to say. The kind that makes the sock kind dread to clock in.

We forgive you for not getting here sooner. You make up for it once your gaskets blow.

I see you.

Indeed.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Anyone else notice these members with many years here, but few posts, showing up in greater number?

Honestly? I noticed this before my last overseas trip. It was my guess that someone had figured out how to crack the "old timer's" passwords and were trying to impress the "audience" by posting from vintage accounts. If you looked (as memory serves), there wasn't a wide variety of (political) opinion there. I _almost_ thought it could have been some folks with elevated positions (who show up on the left-hand side of the screen on the Forums Page) ... who never come around anymore.

I 'feel' it. And, I _hope_ I know the prominent posters well enough to _see_ changes in their writing styles and how they view life from behind their monitor screens.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

This is true. But it's not all-encompassing. Let me explain. I came back around because I saw a lot of folk I had always got a lot from being called racists and worse.

The barrage, especially in those early days, of convoluted lies & projections was overwhelming. It takes time and some gumption to untwist the lies and totally illuminate the subject. Where did ALL those delusional voices go? Shamed into retreat. Some probably converted and came back as narrative-busting warriors lol.

Some rose up, sighed, rolled up their sleeves and got busy. The lies & deceitful narrative spells have been greatly deconstructed. Those of you who take time to unravel the Gordian knot of lies and misdirection have effected more folk than you might know.

You help others learn how to voice what they know & feel. This does impact society in ways greater than we imagine. The butterfly effect.

Having said that, yeah, there's only so much one can do in a virtual corner of the internet. Back in the "listed" days you'd be surprised how many non-members were reading here.

edit on 18-1-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They're WATCHING !!🤣

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL!
No blaming the magical Elf. She isn't even from this realm.

Nobody is really blaming you and if they do they can go through me. I know you don't need me to defend you, but also nobody as smart and wise as you wouldn't want a Ksihkehe in your lineup as defenders.

You, my sweet, are completely untouchable as far as I'm concerned and anybody that disagrees will deal with years of relentless trolling.

You have been the sweetest and nicest thing about ATS for as long as I remember. We'll know it's all over if you ever stop posting.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Curious Thread, my friend...

Lately - I just try to be a good ATS listener. A learner. Tend to speak when spoken to, or when I get a particular button pushed. Admittedly, not as engaged, but much absorbed -from the sidelines and shadows.

It's mostly entertainment, now. Seemed to be ‘different’ back when the Three Amigos and their mates chimed in regular.

The good material still comes and goes, though. One wonders often of the sincerity of it most of it.

The time is still well-spent... some great memories here!

edit on 2/1/2022 by Outrageo because: c me @ L5

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I have noticed as well....

I went pretty silent for a while myself so I can understand where they come from

top topics

<< 1   >>

join