It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Solar System Exists Inside a Giant, Mysterious Void, And We think we Know Why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for posting this.
I wonder how this 1/10th density is affecting life on earth since we entered the void 5 million years ago.

I would pose that if there were another intelligent life form out there with a similar or even better idea, they would perhaps avoid our area for exploration as other areas might have more plentiful options for them finding intelligent life, or even resources to plunder.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Thanks for posting this.
I wonder how this 1/10th density is affecting life on earth since we entered the void 5 million years ago.

I would pose that if there were another intelligent life form out there with a similar or even better idea, they would perhaps avoid our area for exploration as other areas might have more plentiful options for them finding intelligent life, or even resources to plunder.

So...in other words...aliens may be a-VOID-ing earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2

They can never give God any credit, now it’s just “luck” they claim the sun landed right in the middle of this void.

When it’s either so incredible the only choices are God or random luck they go with the ultra scientific luck explanation.

Absolutely, I have to go with you on that one.

A planet that is improbable rather than the rule, close enough to it's star to fit in the goldilocks' zone were liquid water and ice can both exist on it's surface and it is not so hot that the water evaporates into space protected by a massive magnetosphere like a force field projected from the planets core.

A perhaps even more improbable moon in an improbably orbit that is just the right distance from the planet to appear to be the same size as the the parent star to someone that see's them both in the sky (maybe subjective as that also requires the human eye), life on that planet and what is more sentient self aware life.

Beyond this too many coincidences for just random happenstance.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

They can never give God any credit, now it’s just “luck” they claim the sun landed right in the middle of this void.

When it’s either so incredible the only choices are God or random luck they go with the ultra scientific luck explanation.

Absolutely, I have to go with you on that one.

A planet that is improbable rather than the rule, close enough to it's star to fit in the goldilocks' zone were liquid water and ice can both exist on it's surface and it is not so hot that the water evaporates into space protected by a massive magnetosphere like a force field projected from the planets core.

A perhaps even more improbable moon in an improbably orbit that is just the right distance from the planet to appear to be the same size as the the parent star to someone that see's them both in the sky (maybe subjective as that also requires the human eye), life on that planet and what is more sentient self aware life.

Beyond this too many coincidences for just random happenstance.

It is so interesting to postulate, who knows perhaps our solar system had life on other planets that have left eons ago for the far reaches of the galaxy and we just got left behind or we didn't evolve fast enough.

Perhaps there were previous civilizations on earth that did evolve and leave, while others stayed and were nearly wiped out, many native people have stories of such things

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Gee, I dunno, maybe because the whole hypergenius space wizard theory is lazy and derivative of pagan mythology and exploits "convenient" science that doesn't actually recognize or identify any traces of life outside of our planet. Or maybe because we are compulsively fixated on elevating our alpha energy to demigod status to offset our crippling anxiety about mortality and existential futility. Or maybe it's because we hate our government and desperately crave a more judicial and wholesome relationship with an authoritative agency that will carry us home, heal our wounds, protect our fragile minds and give us purpose so we never have to question our identity or place in the world ever again.

I guess there's a lot of reasons we would just bypass all the rigor and tedium of scientific inquiry for the most self serving and ego boosting conclusion imaginable.

edit on 17-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

It sounds sort of like how everybody tries to avoid Cleveland.

It certainly fits with the theories earth is on the proverbially other side of the tracks, it's the garbage dump of the universe, perhaps even the cosmic "Australia". The dumping grounds for eons of all the galactic refuse and scoundrels and malcontents.

or perhaps we have already been quarantined as the universal "Typhoid Mary"

Clearly you haven’t been here but please keep spreading that message so people stop coming here.

I like being sparsely populated in a beautiful, unique environment where people aren’t ready to kill each other based on whether you wear a silly little red hat or vote for a hair sniffing’ brain donor.

I see a lot of projection coming from people in the states.

Come on let's not act like the "Aussies' don't give America crap as well,that said what is wrong with this historical account of Australia. Not to mention your current government sounds rather penal according to its definitions.

Britain decided to use its new outpost as a penal colony; the First Fleet of 11 ships carried about 1500 people—half of them convicts. The fleet arrived in Sydney Harbour on 26 January 1788, and it is on this day every year that Australia Day is celebrated.

In all, about 160 000 men and women were brought to Australia as convicts from 1788 until penal transportation ended in 1868. The convicts were joined by free immigrants from the early 1790s. The wool industry and the gold rushes of the 1850s provided an impetus for free settlers to come to Australia.

penal
pē′nəl
adjective
Of, relating to, or prescribing punishment, as for breaking the law.
Subject to punishment; legally punishable.
Serving as or constituting a means or place of punishment.

What!? Convicts!? In Australia!?

Well, this changes everything! I was until your post completely unaware that our fore-fathers were sent here in chains by the ever so gracious royals.

Whilst there were certainly some bad characters among them many were sent here for such minor crimes as stealing bread to feed their families in the impoverished industrial wastelands of London and elsewhere in the UK, espousing Irish nationalistic sentiments and whatever other arbitrary minor infractions the crown deemed because they needed a free source of labour in the new colony.

You speak about it like we should be ashamed but we’re not.

And yes our government sucks. So does yours and basically everyone else’s.

What’s your obsession with Australia? I already had to correct you in another thread when you claimed we don’t have guns and now you claim it’s a garbage dump. Take the advice again from someone who actually lives here

Sounds like the kind of grudge a prisoner would hold, and not a civilized citizen.

Are you really getting upset that I used a metaphor about Australia describing that perhaps aliens use earth as a place to dump undesirables?

Hyper patriotism or hypersensitivity or something, cause about 30 people may read this thread and even less will remember it, but I am flattered however one of them will be all the way on the other side of the world.

Upon re-reading your post I can see your meaning and probably did react a bit dramatically. Was pre-morning coffee so the old thinker wasn’t quite firing on all cylinders.

You’re alright, even if you had of been trashing us I wouldn’t have hated you, one of the decent members around here.

As for that other statement well, there you go, I’m an uncivilised prisoner but would rather that than be some religious dork running away to Plymouth Rock instead of standing my ground like a man

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If we are in an expanding universe, why would our solar system be going faster than this void? How is it that our solar system can catch up to a void in space that couldn't have been stationary in an expanding universe. Don't voids move away from everything else at the same rate? Space itself is supposed to be expanding, void or not.

ETA: I have heard of colliding galaxies, but I was under the impression that everything is moving away from everything else out in space. Yes there is gravity that holds solar systems and galaxies together, but over all space is supposed to be expanding.
edit on 17-1-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
The first thing that came to mind, seeing that picture?
Our solar system is inside a cell, of some living being.

The ultimate infinity situation... our solar system is in but one cell of a being, who resides on a planet in a solar system that is in a cell of a being, who resides... oh you get the picture!

But wait, it goes the other direction too... each cell in your body carries tiny solar systems with potential life forms, whose cells contain solar systems, etc...

To infinity and beyond in both directions!

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It certainly fits with the theories earth is on the proverbially other side of the tracks, it's the garbage dump of the universe, perhaps even the cosmic "Australia". The dumping grounds for eons of all the galactic refuse and scoundrels and malcontents.

Clearly you haven’t been here but please keep spreading that message so people stop coming here.

I like being sparsely populated in a beautiful, unique environment where people aren’t ready to kill each other based on whether you wear a silly little red hat or vote for a hair sniffing’ brain donor.

Come on let's not act like the "Aussies' don't give America crap as well,that said what is wrong with this historical account of Australia. Not to mention your current government sounds rather penal according to its definitions.

Britain decided to use its new outpost as a penal colony; the First Fleet of 11 ships carried about 1500 people—half of them convicts. The fleet arrived in Sydney Harbour on 26 January 1788, and it is on this day every year that Australia Day is celebrated.

In all, about 160 000 men and women were brought to Australia as convicts from 1788 until penal transportation ended in 1868. The convicts were joined by free immigrants from the early 1790s. The wool industry and the gold rushes of the 1850s provided an impetus for free settlers to come to Australia.

penal
pē′nəl
adjective
Of, relating to, or prescribing punishment, as for breaking the law.
Subject to punishment; legally punishable.
Serving as or constituting a means or place of punishment.

What!? Convicts!? In Australia!?

Well, this changes everything! I was until your post completely unaware that our fore-fathers were sent here in chains by the ever so gracious royals.

Whilst there were certainly some bad characters among them many were sent here for such minor crimes as stealing bread to feed their families in the impoverished industrial wastelands of London and elsewhere in the UK, espousing Irish nationalistic sentiments and whatever other arbitrary minor infractions the crown deemed because they needed a free source of labour in the new colony.

You speak about it like we should be ashamed but we’re not.

And yes our government sucks. So does yours and basically everyone else’s.

What’s your obsession with Australia? I already had to correct you in another thread when you claimed we don’t have guns and now you claim it’s a garbage dump. Take the advice again from someone who actually lives here

Sounds like the kind of grudge a prisoner would hold, and not a civilized citizen.

Are you really getting upset that I used a metaphor about Australia describing that perhaps aliens use earth as a place to dump undesirables?

Hyper patriotism or hypersensitivity or something, cause about 30 people may read this thread and even less will remember it, but I am flattered however one of them will be all the way on the other side of the world.

Upon re-reading your post I can see your meaning and probably did react a bit dramatically. Was pre-morning coffee so the old thinker wasn’t quite firing on all cylinders.

You’re alright, even if you had of been trashing us I wouldn’t have hated you, one of the decent members around here.

As for that other statement well, there you go, I’m an uncivilised prisoner but would rather that than be some religious dork running away to Plymouth Rock instead of standing my ground like a man

Now there is the old Australian attitude Ive heard so much about and find so endearing.

FWIW I love Australia would really like to have an extended visit and yes Ive heard it has the most beautiful country and people. Of course till lockdowns end and there are no COVID restrictions it's unlikely to happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I’m a big enough boy to know when I’m in the wrong and over react so my bad mate.

Yeah do it; just avoid the cities is my advice, the real Australia is out here in the country. Hit me up when you’re thinking of coming and I’ll help with some recommendations although admittedly I’ve not seen very much of my own country. Something I’m hoping to rectify in the near future.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Randomname2

Like cancer, plague, drought, poverty, etc?

Is it chance, or is god responsible?

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So a void created by a supernova and our sun is right in the middle of it.
logical conclusion - Our sun went supernova and created the void.

-- After all it is not the end of the star when it goes supernova - there are many examples of recurrent supernova out there

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I’m a big enough boy to know when I’m in the wrong and over react so my bad mate.

Yeah do it; just avoid the cities is my advice, the real Australia is out here in the country. Hit me up when you’re thinking of coming and I’ll help with some recommendations although admittedly I’ve not seen very much of my own country. Something I’m hoping to rectify in the near future.

Seriously no worries, Ive been told by plenty of my exes and even my current GF, Im not the best people person at all times. All I know is here in the states whenever I find myself out in the boonies no matter where it is I never want to leave. A close friend visited Australia way back in the '80s the beautiful country was all she talked about.

There is the movie the Earthling, The film was shot from September to October 1979 in the Blue Mountains, Barrington Forest, and Warrumbungle National Park. It was such beautiful scenery it was one of my Dad's favorite movies it's just majestic.

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Nah you’re fine man, I just got worked up and hadn’t read your post properly so it’s on me. I find you quite amicable.

Thanks for that I’ll have to take a look, I’ve never heard of it. I live in an absolutely amazing area which encompasses;

-Largest waterway in the Southern Hemisphere
-Ocean
-gorgeous rivers
-Alpine wilderness (some VERY remote places)
-Bushland (forest)
-Temperate rainforest

And from where I am I can be in any of those environments in around about an hour. Truly Gods country. Would have loved to of seen it pre-European settlement. I’ve got a book at home called The Greatest Estate On Earth which is about how wel the Aboriginals managed the land and how various settlers, in all the far flung corners of the country described a land manicured as if it were a gentleman’s park back in England.

Doesn’t resemble that today but is still beautiful. Would love to of seen some of the trees that were supposedly 300+ years old.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Hey Jerich0 how are ya mate?

I think we may interpret God incorrectly as solely benevolent/good/all loving. I studied with an occult/mystery school for nearly 12 months and a theory I arrived at is that God is neither however, a perfect balance of both good and evil or basically outside of our human understanding of what that is.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yeah boy... Send it! These seppos have been out of control lately with their fantastical concoctions about what life's like in our fine land..... tings here need to be kept an eye on , but life ain't nothing like how it gets described here aye?

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Barrington Tops is still a beautiful place. I camped there a few years ago. Australia is still a great place, full of can do people who are warm and accommodating once you "get" them. From the hipster coffee snobs in the laneways of Melb to the feral desert weed growing surfie rats from the far west of South Oz, from the Sydney Lebs to the NT indigenous communities, Aussies are mostly awesome human beings.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just ranting, I see too much science being twisted, I do not like when scientists twist things to fit their theories.

There should be a process where anyone spitballing (as a scientist) loses their credential. Just revoke any degree they 'earned' or if the issuing institution fails to act responsibly and in a timely manner ... shut them down completely.

The realm of education has been in free-fall for far too long.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Gee, I dunno, maybe because the whole hypergenius space wizard theory is lazy and derivative of pagan mythology and exploits "convenient" science that doesn't actually recognize or identify any traces of life outside of our planet. Or maybe because we are compulsively fixated on elevating our alpha energy to demigod status to offset our crippling anxiety about mortality and existential futility. Or maybe it's because we hate our government and desperately crave a more judicial and wholesome relationship with an authoritative agency that will carry us home, heal our wounds, protect our fragile minds and give us purpose so we never have to question our identity or place in the world ever again.

I guess there's a lot of reasons we would just bypass all the rigor and tedium of scientific inquiry for the most self serving and ego boosting conclusion imaginable.

But when scientific inquiry keeps exposing mind-bogglingly complex ordered systems being present everywhere from the cellular to the astronomic level you have to start to conclude that there is an Architect behind the order.
edit on 18-1-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hey you know what happens to bubbles eventually? They burst!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join