It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wales top medic 'cautiously optimistic' the end of the pandemic is in sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Morning ATS Colleagues.

Well, this I wasn't expecting to read today. How long until they backtrack I wonder?

"Frank Atherton says that more than 90% of people in Wales have some level of antibodies against coronavirus."

"Wales' top medic has said that there is "room for cautious optimism" that the endemic is in sight as cases from the Omicron start to fall and hospitalisations decrease.

Dr Frank Atherton has said it is still too early to say but a good outcome would be that the country moves from pandemic to endemic, where coronavirus becomes seasonal like flu."

Walesonline

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I guess they should’ve listened to all of us conspiracy theorists back in March 2020 when we predicted basically every event from then until now. I’ve been calling it the flu for 2 years now cause let’s face it Covid showed up and magically the flu disappeared.

A bunch of pharmaceutical companies and medical staff made a bunch of money though so I guess they got what they came for. I just hope the medical community is happy with all the people they killed because people like me won’t forget.
edit on 17-1-2022 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I guess they should’ve listened to all of us conspiracy theorists back in March 2020 when we predicted basically every event from then until now. I’ve been calling it the flu for 2 years now cause let’s face it Covid showed up and magically the flu disappeared.

good news is, we never ever have to worry about the flu again. If it pops back up, just put on a mask, and wash your hands. That's all it took to decimate the flu over the last 2 years. And we have been assured that was the mitigating factor. So smile, if nothing else, this pandemic has taught us how to deal with one of our most common ailments. Yaay US!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The amount of arguments you can now make based on the Covid reaction and lies is insane. I feel nobody in the medical field has any credibility left and it’s well deserved.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Every time someone says that, a new variant comes.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Every time someone says that, a new variant comes.

Hence my comment :-

"Morning ATS Colleagues.

Well, this I wasn't expecting to read today. How long until they backtrack I wonder?"

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here's hoping, but who would have thought the first intelligent response to COVID from the UK would come from Wales?

The case total has been at the current trajectory 5 times, and the death totals at the same trajectory 6 times.

However the best news is the Rt is as low as it's ever been well below 1.0, the first time since the start. The cases must get really close to zero, or there will be those that will continue to push restrictions and passports. Zero cases at this point may be unachieveble.

edit on 17-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The main UK/England adivsors beat them to it by three weeks or so ago based on Omicron data hence why we didn't have as strict lockdown measures as Scotland or Wales.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They only had a 2 year window to pull it off.. it ended on the 8th January. You lot need go back to 2012..
edit on 17-1-2022 by wlee48868 because: Edit

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I just hope the medical community is happy with all the people they killed because people like me won’t forget.

I'm not happy, because I came short of my quota and might not get my covid bonus.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am sure it will come with attachment on freedoms because let's face tyranny is too good to let go.

Then the population should be very careful how they will be electing their next round of Tyrans.

top topics

join