It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What shortages of edible and none edible goods are you seeing in your country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   
None. I haven't been to a grocery store in like two or three months.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

Must be eating in the chow hall in the military.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Japan sounds similar to everywhere else these days, changing to online retail was happening before covid too but things have sped up drastically. It's not just the big players either, I've personally seen a few businesses start up and thrive during covid.

I keep gathering there's a shortage of everything but product and business. I've seen no shortages nor had crazy waits for deliveries. Hmm, actually I couldn't get Chinese cooking wine anywhere a couple of months ago and some out of the way and barely used products were out of stock, nothing essential. Things like certain brands of cooking sauce.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

What Chinese cooking wine brand do you buy? We have an international import store nearby ( kind of ), like to explore with it. Wife that is. She does a lot of Chinese style cooking. Use to make her style of Chinese dumplings, but these days its cheaper just to buy the frozen ones.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
US northern flyover country here.

For non-edible, vehicle parts availability has been a problem all through the pandemic, and am not seeing much improvement. Getting parts sources to answer phones or return emails is a challenge.

Haven’t seen fuel shortages, however for newer diesels DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) availability has been spotty.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
And if the Aussies can chime in they would say the same. We here in the US are not too far behind the Bell Curve on you all. God speed his victory over evil. The Earth needs to rid itself of this pure evil.

originally posted by: M5xaz

In Canada, severe shortages of:
- honesty
- transparency
- democracy
But above all, shortages of LIBERTY

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
US northern flyover country here.

For non-edible, vehicle parts availability has been a problem all through the pandemic, and am not seeing much improvement. Getting parts sources to answer phones or return emails is a challenge.

Haven’t seen fuel shortages, however for newer diesels DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) availability has been spotty.

I have been having replacement part issues. We see some items missing at Walmart and local Stores, but enough to eat if we can pay the prices. No shortages of fuel. I suspect we won't see much shortages with those prices for oil a barrel making the Texas oil worth pumping out of the ground.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It was the first time trying to buy it so I'm not really aware of what brands their is. Japanese mirin wine was suggested as a substitute but it's apparently sweet so I settled with using dry sherry.

My local Chinese takeaway stopped trading during the pandemic so I've been working on a replacement, I'm getting there! Quite a few Chinese dishes are easier and cheaper to source frozen/mass produced tbh. Especially spring rolls.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Eastern Colorado here... haven't been able to find kleenex (any brand) for many weeks. Closest Walmart is an hour away, can't order online (pick-up item only). I hate going to Walmart and avoid if at all possible. Finally found some to order from an online business supply store.

Freezer section is pretty sparse. Has been for weeks. The whole biscuit section has been empty for a few weeks now. Cheese section is pretty low supply. Gatorade section has a very few bottles week to week. Had trouble finding it online as well, finally found some. Spaghetti/pasta section is almost bare.

I shop the day after truck delivery day (2 days per week), and it's just not coming in the trucks.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
South Africa here - our government is very comfy with the CCP; no supply chain issues here.

Shortages are now a first world problem, apparently.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The obvious TP & paper towel issues. One per customer per day but deliveries are spotty so it's dumb luck if you find some. Other stores DO usually have some but at ridiculous prices for crap quality.

Frozen veggies are way down, shelves have just a few bags of each variety, except for the much more expensive premade mixes or dinner in bag stuff which is also too expensive for what you get.

Weirdly powdered coffee creamer, chai tea bags, and the better quality breads were completely out. Altho GMO trash like white bread was plentiful. Beef prices are insane, but Pork & chicken are still reasonable. Tylenol, Ibuprofen & random vitamins were out as well. Canned pet food went awol & still is.

Fresh vegetables are usually a complete disappointment. They're on their last legs except for apples which are plentiful. But cabbage, white onions & green onions & mushrooms, varieties that "should" be in season are in just horrid condition.

Shopping is now more like a scavenger hunt than a quick in'an'out.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
The obvious TP & paper towel issues. One per customer per day but deliveries are spotty so it's dumb luck if you find some. Other stores DO usually have some but at ridiculous prices for crap quality.

Frozen veggies are way down, shelves have just a few bags of each variety, except for the much more expensive premade mixes or dinner in bag stuff which is also too expensive for what you get.

Weirdly powdered coffee creamer, chai tea bags, and the better quality breads were completely out. Altho GMO trash like white bread was plentiful. Beef prices are insane, but Pork & chicken are still reasonable. Tylenol, Ibuprofen & random vitamins were out as well. Canned pet food went awol & still is.

Fresh vegetables are usually a complete disappointment. They're on their last legs except for apples which are plentiful. But cabbage, white onions & green onions & mushrooms, varieties that "should" be in season are in just horrid condition.

Shopping is now more like a scavenger hunt than a quick in'an'out.

We live in a farming community and our fruits and vegetables are in top shape, but in the major cities here prices are pretty expensive. But 3 brown onions are about 1.70 usd which is crazy here in town.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I succumbed to buying our favorite brand/blend on Amazon, at a good price for six bags.
I figure, not much difference between Amazon and Kroger.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Shortages everywhere here in NC, but that is because we had a snowmageddon yesterday and everyone bought everything. Before this week I haven't seen any shortages, what I am seeing is higher prices.

V

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

Must be eating in the chow hall in the military.

No, I've been out of the military for quite some time. I just don't go to the grocery store.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Gothmog

I succumbed to buying our favorite brand/blend on Amazon, at a good price for six bags.
I figure, not much difference between Amazon and Kroger.

The best coffee I have ever tasted was from the Dollar Store .
In an almost plain white can .
I am going to go today , as I had forgotten that till now .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join