It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am So Exposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yep. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Ever since I took my new job last March and went back into the office, I've been in a position where I have to go in to work every single day and be onsite. At first, I was just a proofer, but I've since accepted the position of production manager which means I'm a bit more important. I manage the workflow day in, day out, and I get to delegate orders as they come in to the various places they need to go and make sure everything gets in and out the door in the proper order and back up every step in the chain as needed. That means I sometimes even get to run the big press machines! Wee! Who knew that summer I worked in college at a print shop would come in handy?

Regardless, the omigawd has landed.

I took a week off after Christmas, so the first of my four minions to come down with it got sick while I was still out. I came back at the start of her mandatory, work-imposed exile. I was clear. She, on the other hand, has had a terrible time getting the tests, and when she managed to get one, it turned up positive even though she had no symptoms at that point, so they made her take another five days at which point, she couldn't get another test.

These are the crazy conditions anyone turning up with any symptoms is facing where I work. They are more stringent than the CDC! I'm not joking. We had another coworker who has serious sinus issues due to deviated septum that requires surgery. She called in, and they imposed exile on her with a test required even though *she* had the proof of appointment for surgical consult to show that she didn't have COVID. Oh, and the best part is that they make us use our own PTO for the 5-day exile periods.

Anyhow, my afternoon minion who shares my little kingdom - I have an entire little room I work out of since I am pretty active doing quite a few different things - came down sick overnight Thursday, and her test yesterday showed she has the Rona. So, since she sits right down the table from me for about 2 to 3 hours every afternoon, give or take depending on the work load and task needs, I have been exposed. If I follow work rules to the letter, I should not be going in Monday, but if I have no symptoms, I will and with my boss's blessing. This has already been discussed.

According to omigawd rules, my minion was likely contagious both Wednesday and Thursday. So I have about a 5-day window to see if I am going to get the most contagious thing EVAR (well since measles). Thursday, Friday, today ... so far, no symptoms, but I could start having them at some point. Then there's tomorrow, and if I make it through Monday ... I guess I am likely not infected. Lucky for me, I do have tests although I don't necessarily plan to use them unless I am questioning something.

I have my original two shots although those were back in March and April of last year, and I've been delaying my booster because my mom has cancer and if I am going to get it, it needs to be to best effect for her, not for me. Honestly, for her sake, it might be a blessing if I do come down with COVID and get over it. Immunity to this strain would be the best preventive.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is the perfect 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' virus. Some sail through with no problems, others don't; what a crap shoot!
If you DO get it, I hope it's one of those mild or no symptom cases. Having a monster constantly shadowing each of us is getting so tiring, and not knowing what the 'new normal' is even going to look like doesn't help ones' peace of mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Back when they were just first noticing omigawd in S. Africa, I had a mild cold. I didn't do anything about it. At that point, everyone had delta and everyone knew COVID came with a fever which I never had. I just had a mild sore throat and lots of snot and was very fatigued for a day or so. The whole lasted for about three days, maybe four since the throat started before everything else.

Now they think omigawd was here and active before they detected it in S. Africa, and my symptoms matched. So did I already have it? Who knows since I never tested or went to a doctor even. There was no reason to with no fever even.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I feel the same as you, immunity at least thru the winter.

I have been getting exposed throughout the whole pandemic. I have several coworkers who have had it. One walked around coughing for a week which should NOT have been allowed to happen, even the customers were looking at her in disgust. I guess she thought she was a martyr.

A person I know who works at a hotel, was working with some coworkers who had covid but still showing to work due to understaffing, yet the manager didn’t think it necessary to tell them, they now have covid.

I’ve seen people out shopping who brag they have covid and it’s all bull#, they could at least wear a mask but they don’t.

According to local news Omicron spreads 1,000 faster that the previous variant, and they have said we will all get it at some point.

The whole thing is a cluster#^>€.

I’ve actually seen people cough in peoples directions to try and either scare or infect them. I’m so sick of the inconsistencies.

I really wish we had some straightforward and not confusing rules, and aren’t they asking covid positive nurses to continue working?

ETA: Ket you prob did have it since people were still traveling., also the influx of unvaccinated foreigners smh.

edit on 15-1-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Are you following any of these protocols?
covid19criticalcare.com...

Even if you just do the supplements:
Vitamin D3
Vitamin C
Quercetin
Zinc
Melatonin
(amounts listed at link above)

I really believe these supplements are effective -

- I've had my family on them since the beginning, and even before vaccines, my husband & daughter were working and traveling and never got sick..

Plus, we all had the J&J shot last spring (& are not planning boosters), and took a big trip with extended family in late Fall (as vax effectiveness was waining) and none of us got ill.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I take D occasionally when I remember too now that I cannot get outside as much in winter, but normally, I spend about 15 to 20 minutes outside every morning in the sun practicing in my driveway. That is aside from any practice in the evenings we might have outdoors.

As for vitamin C, I eat a lot of C-heavy foods. At some point, you simply flush the excess out with C.

As for the rest, no. I can't say I do. I use melatonin as the occasional sleep aid, and the zinc comes with a multi-vitamin I take when I remember to.

I do work out regularly and vigorously. So I'm in pretty good shape for my age.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

The irony of that would be that since this whole fiasco has started, I've been sick twice so far. Both times were very, very mild. In fact, it has been milder for me than I've had in years. I have been chalking it up to my general improved health because I've gotten my sorry butt back into shape.

Of course, I type this and I'll get slammed now ... but, you know.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Are you following any of these protocols?
covid19criticalcare.com...

Me and my crew are required by the union to follow the protocols, plus having both jabs and booster. Also tested every 3days by a mobile unit on set; Plus the set medic has hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir, unapproved, just in case anyone might show some symptoms. So far no one that I know of has been reinfected with the rona.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Work rules are, mask and shots aside, that if you have reason even to believe you may have been exposed, you are to call and notify HR. They put you in 5-day COVID jail and you need a clean test to return.

If you display any symptoms, no matter why (recall the coworker with deviated septum caused sinus issues), you are to stay home, call HR. They put you in 5-day COVID jail and you need a clean test to return.

Again, these protocols are masks and shots aside. Those are different rules.

And you are burning your own PTO to be put in 5-day COVID jail.

Of course, they went out of their way to remind us all that many people are asymptomatic, so technically, no one should return to work the next day the minute to leave work and come into contact with any other person because that would theoretically count as an exposure.

If I do not show symptoms by Monday and return to work, I will be in some violation of the COVID rules, but this is what has already been agreed upon by my boss and I. Our boss can waltz in to speak with the company CEO anytime she wants and has already overturned the rule for sinus coworker. Our area is the nonprofit/philanthropy area, so we operate on a tight crew and cannot afford to have many out sitting on their thumbs for symptomless exposure.
edit on 15-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Just a point re: vit c that the "just washes out when saturated" view is basically correct as a water soluble vitamin but is highly nuanced.

Very basically, people may calibrate their need (via Dr Catchcart's titrating to bowel tolerance method) by taking a gradually increased, by a gram or two, measured dose of l-ascorbic acid powder every hour ... until at some point they reach saturation and their body expels the unused portion via the ...er, back door. Liposomal or buffered versions won't act in the same way.

One may use that measure of saturation to guess their daily need, which may vary over time... i.e. if one gets the poops 15 min after gradually reaching 8 grams, for example, then one may infer that the body uses approx 8 grams in a 24 hour period. People's needs may change and greatly increase when stressed (ill).

One consensus that many of the scientists who've studied v-c have come to is that the "rda" is minimal and bodies experiencing stress may need heroic amounts.

My own experience supports this view ...and when checked the literature didn't seem as whacky as I expected and I wondered why it wasn't discussed and argued more... but I ain't no professional.

edit on 1/15/2022 by Baddogma because: boo boo

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Our company c19 rules are all over the map.
Masks must be worn by everyone on company property, no temp checks at door, they've made us use all PTO & Sick Days for testing & C-jail as you put it. (still laughing at that!!)

No meaningful disinfection of common area's or restrooms or time clock that has keypad AND fingerprint requirement.
Don't even wonder about the microwave keypads or water cooler lever. Absolute petrie dishes!!

Were already woefully short staffed, but now people are there & gone, then they're back. Obviously for privacy we can't be told if disappearing staff has covid despite the fact they probably exposed the rest of us. Despite all this we're stoic, gallows humor is rampant with one guy who hasn't missed any time since 2020 wondering what in the building he has to lick to get his mandatory 10 vacation?

The best part is Truckers trying to avoid directions driving & walking past multiple signs with clear instructions entering the building maskless an using the indoor restrooms. I'm on defcon alert to be called to do remedial decontamination not because it's in any way my job, but because OMG!!! OMG!!!

Not meaning Truckers are icky, just that ours travel up and down the east coast an better safe than sorry cause they are delivering to,& coming back from major cities.

Congrats on your promotion!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Thanks.

We all know within our unit who's out and why for the most part. We're a small group though.

As to the promotion, it's been nice. I like that it keeps me busy and puts the days in predictable rhythm without being too comfortable. There's always something going on.

And so far, still no sign of any symptoms.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
2pn on Sunday ... still nothing.

That's good.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The workplaces and rules sound horrible.

This Israeli doctor is saying even though he goes swimming for an hour everyday in Israeli sun he was vit. D deficient. He's saying 4,000 to 10,000 units of D3 with K2 plus zinc will make the difference between getting sick or not.

www.youtube.com...

Just quoting one of the interesting but not quite related comments listed below video:
"Hi there, I started taking 33,000 IU of vitamin D every day to see how many genes I could turn on. So far all I can say is I have never been so happy in all my life. I have also been taking vitamin K2 and Zinc"

I have heard that you don't want the virus to works its way down the respiratory track. They/I suggest rinsing your mouth, nose & eyes. I use peroxide a lot but that might be too strong for others. Maybe a saline solution. Of course soap and water. Wash face when you get home. Maybe diluted baby shampoo to wash eyes.

And wash your masks diligently.

All the best!!

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

I'll admit to washing my mask more diligently when I was wearing it to practice in every evening. There was no way I was wearing a mask I sweated that much in the next day. So we washed them every night.

But now that I'm only wearing it at work and only when I'm not alone in my little room, I don't quite wash it as much.

top topics

join