It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami advisory in effect for US, NZ, and CA following volcanic eruption

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
An underwater volcano in the South Pacific violently erupted near Tonga and has caused a tsunami on the island.

tsunami warnings in effect for South Pacific countries, the US and Canada.

(CNN)A tsunami has hit Tonga's largest island, Tongatapu, and reportedly sent waves flooding into the capital after an underwater volcano in the South Pacific exploded in a violent eruption on Saturday, sending a cloud of ash and gas steam into the air.

A tsunami warning has been issued for the islands of Tonga. Tsunami advisories have also been issued for New Zealand's North Island and the west coast of the United States from California to Alaska, as well as Canada's British Columbia.

Satellite imagery shows a massive ash cloud and shockwaves spreading from the eruption.

link

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
CNN has learned the eruption of the undersea volcano, was likely caused by the low COVID vaccination rates among the Tonga islanders.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
From a 2015 article:

Last year, a new study was released suggesting the speed at which the Earth spins may have an effect on the amount of volcanic activity. The belief is that the extra energy the sun uses to alter the speed of Earth's spin, even by the smallest amount, can transfer hundreds of thousands of petajoules of energy into the subsurface, and that may trigger additional eruptions.

Makes me wonder if Mother Earth is getting ready to propel the planet into a new era, with the number of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions continuing to increase every year. It's been part of the natural cycle for billions of years.

Some researchers have also said global warming may be to blame. According to a 2012 study in the journal Geology, melting of land ice could relieve pressure off continents, which may allow magma to surge up more easily, leading to a higher likelihood of more eruptions. A 2015 study in Iceland had similar findings, according to Time.

weather.com...
The industrial revolution is said to produce 35 times more co2 than volcanic eruptions each year, with China contributing 28%, the US 14%, India, Russia and Japan following, in that order. Between mankind and Mother Nature, the 'tipping point' could be closer than we realize.

edit on 60000001010America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here is the CNN article.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Makes me wonder if Mother Earth is getting ready to propel the planet into a new era, with the number of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions continuing to increase every year. It's been part of the natural cycle for billions of years.

Some researchers have also said global warming may be to blame. According to a 2012 study in the journal Geology, melting of land ice could relieve pressure off continents, which may allow magma to surge up more easily, leading to a higher likelihood of more eruptions. A 2015 study in Iceland had similar findings, according to Time.

mother Earth is likely sick of hearing about Algore's polar bears and other garbage, so she will cool it all down on her own so that crowd can flip flop back to worrying about the next ice age. Just to keep them on their toes.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here is a video I just saw.
Looks pretty crazy.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Tsunami hitting US, not sure if accurate??

twitter.com...
edit on 15-1-2022 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: nugget1

mother Earth is likely sick of hearing about Algore's polar bears and other garbage, so she will cool it all down on her own so that crowd can flip flop back to worrying about the next ice age. Just to keep them on their toes.

I think the 1% are already on it; there is the seed vault in Svalbard and underground bunkers designed to support life for years.

Top 10 Secret United States Government Bunkers

listverse.com... ernment-bunkers/

There are presently 129 deep underground military bunkers in the US. There's a growing market in UB manufacturing for the rich and famous. Russia probably leads the world in bunkers and capacity, according to the information easily found on the web.
Be it an asteroid, a pandemic or nuclear war, the rich and famous around the world seem to have a plan. I always enjoy looking at some of these bunkers that seem more like mini cities.
This is one of my favorite stories:

TextThe Pentagon's Plan To Build A Secret Super Command Bunker 3,500 Feet Under Washington D.C.

www.... thedrive.com/the-war-zone/33003/the-pentagons-plan-to-build-a-secret-super-command-bunker-3500-feet-under-washington-d-c
911 stopped the investigation into 2.3 trillion dollars missing from the pentagon when a 'plane' hit, destroying all records.

Crazy conspiracy theorists actually think it's being done for a reason....

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not to worry. Plant trees and carbon becomes your friend. Forests are the lungs of the earth after all.

They calculate global warming using an AlGoreithym

a reply to: nugget1

edit on 15-1-2022 by Dalamax because: An unemployed jester is nobodies fool

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I think the Earth is getting fed up with her fleas. She is about to wash herself clean. A little blow drying here and there, and a little cauterization where needed.

She will be back to her old self in no time.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexanderM

twitter.com...

It is, but none of them are very high, barely 2'. That doesn't mean they aren't treacherous and aren't flooding coastal areas though.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Weather Blog

Our local weather man has a blog, and he's pulled in some really interesting stuff on this eruption.

1. There is video of the tsunami in Santa Cruz.

2. He has links to a Twat showing the actual pressure wave from the blast traveling across the US as it registers on different measuring stations.

3. He also has info where they actually heard the blast in *ALASKA*! That's frickin' loud and a massive explosion given that the volcano was thousands of miles away in the South Pacific.

I don't know how being underwater will affect this blast, but it seems this potentially rivals Krakatoa for size just based on some of the early metrics. Krakatoa led to the year without a winter because it had that much impact on the climate. However, Krakatoa was an above water blast, and this is not.

It's also worth noting that no one saw this coming, but then again, this is an undersea volcano. You don't see them building up to eruption nearly as easily as you would one on land.
edit on 15-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sadly, only us stupid citizens know this; those running the show have looked the other way as massive deforestation has gone on around the globe for decades.
Back in the 1970's researchers were saying if the destruction of South America's rain forest continued it would upset the balance of the entire globes' weather, aka climate change.
Scientists used to warn us about a lot of things they don't dare speak of in public anymore, for risk of being ostracized by their profession.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Another perspective on what happened.

This suggests that eruptions on this scale are about every 1,000 years at this volcano and this one is right on schedule. It also suggests, more problematically, that this may only be the first in a series of such eruptions.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
More early observations suggest this was a caldera forming event of at least VEI-6 putting it in the spectrum of Pinatubo and Krakatoa.

There are also reports that people on Tonga are struggling to breathe, and they are scrambling to rescue people on another island nearby that was completely submerged by the tsunami.
edit on 15-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for this post. I was just going to ask the question about the possibility of a future eruption. Though this one wasn't too bad for the states, it was devasting for Tonga and I'm guessing there are going to be major issues with poor air quality. The article mentioned that the reaction was on the scale of a chemical weapons attack.

A few more of these eruptions and I think the world's food supply is going to be in major trouble for a few years.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for this post. I was just going to ask the question about the possibility of a future eruption. Though this one wasn't too bad for the states, it was devasting for Tonga and I'm guessing there are going to be major issues with poor air quality. The article mentioned that the reaction was on the scale of a chemical weapons attack.

A few more of these eruptions and I think the world's food supply is going to be in major trouble for a few years.

I think there is more to come. That is one of the reasons I am so interested I created a thread to discuss the destructive weather events. The other reason was because there was a thread created in 2014, and one for 2015.2018, so I thought another one was due for 2022.

It seems to me there is an increase in the number of events that are happening, and in so many places. They also seem to be more destructive. They all seems to be occurring close in time. After La Palma quieted down, I was wondering where the next one was going to pop off, because the volcano activity seemed to pick up in other places as it was slowing down.

It may be just the internet effect, but I still find it interesting and worthy of a little of my time.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
2. He has links to a Twat

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Another perspective on what happened.

This suggests that eruptions on this scale are about every 1,000 years at this volcano and this one is right on schedule. It also suggests, more problematically, that this may only be the first in a series of such eruptions.

AS LONG AS THEY DON'T HIT TOBA SIZE OR YELLOWSTONE we be ok.

volcanos don't play.

was it carnival cruises just settle for a tour of a volcano that blew killing a bunch of passengers gawking around the top of one?

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexanderM

twitter.com...

This is Santa Cruz.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join