It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cant find a way to cancle my membership

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

I really have no idea if we can cancel our membership... You've got a few options though. You can just log out and never log back in again... You can violate the T&Cs in the worst way and get banned... or you can accept that the Mods are doing their best to keep the peace and the dialogue flowing and that we all get our hands slapped occasionally and just try harder not to violate T&Cs again if it bothers you so much.

I'm not sure what you said that was the problem. The message should have given you a reason. If not, the in-thread message for the removed post normally gives the reason. Removing the off-topic posts are meant to keep the thread (mostly) on topic, along with the "comment removed to avoid derailing the thread". Those aren't as big a deal as the ill-mannered posts that need to be removed. Not that there aren't still plenty of rude and otherwise "ill-mannered" posts made and left up. The most vulgar and violent comments don't go over well at all though. If it gets bad enough, the Mods will post in the thread for everyone to stay on topic, not talk about others, etc. If it really gets bad enough, the thread can be closed, or removed entirely. It may seem arbitrary, but it's really not unreasonable or unworkable.

Give the Mods another chance. They just do what they've gotta do, and they do a good job with this very thankless job! And give yourself another chance. As long as we can talk here about so many topics -- especially ones that are banned elsewhere -- it's worth watching those few P's and Q's.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Methinks this is another user acting out and this is a double account.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: noscopebacon
can someone here cancel my membership here please

im so tired of this sites double edge swords depending on who is saying what.

disappointing at best

I have read some of your posts and think that your logic and attitude represent good ATS attributes.
You need to have a thicker skin.
There are so many great members here, it makes up for those with bad communication skills and attitudes.
Stick around and be part of it.
Remember that the Ying and Yang require each other.

I agree... think I got slapped down in a 911 thread, in one of my first ever posts. Don't think I posted again for another 2 years, no doubt for a number of reasons, But never stopped reading. Now I get slapped down at least once a month it seems

Hear that. We learn that a strong will, correct or not (by our own standards) , is an estremely hard nut to crack in some people. We realize the futility of trying to change anyone's mind by using the same logic on ourselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Don't you mean "cancel"?

Who stole the jam out your Doughnut anyroad?

You just need to learn to take what other say with a pinch of salt sometimes.

And a thick skin is also a requirement for around these here parts.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Judging by the MO definitely a sjw.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Have you PM'd the mod who removed your posts? It's been a while but you'll usually get a PM with the reason why it was removed, if you didn't message the mod directly and they'll let you know why your post was removed.

In my experience the mods are usually on point, reasonable and informative. Not everyone reports T&C violations and some rules have seemingly slipped since the mud pit gained popularity. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Stick around, your silencing yourself by withdrawing your opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Grow up.

just don't break the T & C by being vulgar or attacking another poster.

maybe you don't belong in an adult conversation.

Right.....

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It is not possible to cancel a membership. (It's in the T&Cs)

If you wish to leave, simply log out and do not return.

Question answered

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join