It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Plant Fire in Passaic, NJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A large chemical plant fire is burning in Passaic, New Jersey. Get the latest on the Passaic fire in our LIVE COVERAGE.

www.fox5ny.com...

It is not clear what started the fire in Passaic, NJ. In this interactive live stream, host Steve Lookner brings you the latest updates on the Passaic chemical plant fire in New Jersey

Mayor Hector Lora on Facebook told all residents to stay away from the area and those who live in the area to close their windows.
According to the mayor, multiple buildings were involved.
CBS2 has a crew heading to the scene.

Building has over 200,000 square feet, pool chlorine, wind blowing north to south from Passiac, this is going to destroy people's lungs

edit on 14-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If we're talking about clouds of chlorine gas, I'm not sure what good shutting your windows is going to do. It will get in and people are going to go into respiratory distress.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If we're talking about clouds of chlorine gas, I'm not sure what good shutting your windows is going to do. It will get in and people are going to go into respiratory distress.

Evidently, it's still not under control, but the main area with the most chlorine is not on fire yet. Reports of explosions within the fire from reporters on the ground

edit on 14-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I hope they manage to get it controlled before that scenario occurs. I've gone into distress because of chemical fumes, and it's a bad feeling, real bad feeling.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As George Carlin would say, "hey I love a good explosion, the closer to your house the more exciting it is!"

I'm about 30 miles from that so, let go see the bodies!!

I'm terrible.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alexander the Great
As George Carlin would say, "hey I love a good explosion, the closer to your house the more exciting it is!"

I'm about 30 miles from that so, let go see the bodies!!

I'm terrible.

Nah I've met dozens and dozens of your fellow New Jersians, you sound completely normal, even a tad bit subdued

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Close the windows.. what about exterior heat/ac units fireplace vents, how good is the seal around doors and windows if you dont have the other issues.

I really really hope they get this under control before the chlorine goes.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thanks for the warning. I am in Newark and I take Rt. 21 everyday. I see on the videos the wind pushing the smoke NE, which is good for me but not for people living near Rt 46.

Good thing I went home early yesterday. My asthma would be triggered.

new topics

top topics

join