It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis: Florida won’t enforce health care worker vaccination requirement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This is not a state-by-state issue. Governors and state legislatures have no control over federal funding for healthcare providers. The governors of all 50 states could tell their healthcare providers that they don't have to adhere to the mandate and it wouldn't make a difference.

This is a healthcare provider-by-healthcare provider issue. Either they choose to adhere to the mandate and continue to receive federal funding or they choose not to adhere to the mandate and they lose federal funding.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They do not have to get jabbed, taking weekly test are part of the mandate if they do not get jabbed and because the state will not enforce the jabbing, people can test every week if they want to.

After all the senile piece of crap in the white house is giving test for free.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Gothmog

Yep Kemp and GA were the first state to sue the federal government, the more states joined, from the beginning GA was not going to let senile moron in the white house get away with his dictatorship.

Now GA wants to pass legislation to stop foreign nationals and illegals from voting.

Yup nothing like nebuchadnezzar, reincarnated.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
DP
edit on 14-1-2022 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I never really like kemp, he is the reason we lost the seat in senate to the democrats, but the ones that go the seats in the special elections are nothing but zeros, soo they will be kicked out in mid term hopefully.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: marg6043

This is not a state-by-state issue. Governors and state legislatures have no control over federal funding for healthcare providers. The governors of all 50 states could tell their healthcare providers that they don't have to adhere to the mandate and it wouldn't make a difference.

This is a healthcare provider-by-healthcare provider issue. Either they choose to adhere to the mandate and continue to receive federal funding or they choose not to adhere to the mandate and they lose federal funding.

You are not very well informed , are you ?
Obamacare itself proves that statement incorrect.
edit on 1/15/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I wonder how popular de Santis will be when his elderly population has ti start paying for their doctor's visits and medication because their doctors can no longer accept Medicare.

And yet no one is being stopped from getting vaccinated. Compliance is still easy for those so compelled.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yep Kemp and GA were the first state to sue the federal government, the more states joined, from the beginning GA was not going to let senile moron in the white house get away with his dictatorship.

Now GA wants to pass legislation to stop foreign nationals and illegals from voting.

Im referring to the mandate still being enforced on the healthcare side, haven't seen Kemp's response?

Im fully aware Kemp was among those states that sued initially.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Medicare is 100% funded by the federal government. Specifically, the funds come from two different trusts the Hospital Insurance Trust Fund, which covers Part A, and the Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund, which covers Part B and Part D.

Medicaid on the other hand is jointly funded by the federal government and state governments. About 64% of Medicaid funding comes from the federal government.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You're right. If a healthcare provider chooses not to follow the mandate and loses their federal funding as a result, that's on the healthcare provider. Which means that De Santis' announcement is meaningless and is just a way for him to stay in the spotlight.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Hospitals in South Florida have been requiring vaccinations for a long time.

I left my hospital job back in 2014 because the hospital where I worked was trying to force me to get a vaccine, even when I had a medical exemption.

Back then they were getting the hospitals to play ball, with promises of large financial perks.

They got significant bonuses for having 100% compliance, for having all their employees vaccinated.

I guess they are getting enough non-compliance from enough workers that it was not working to the government's advantage, so they had to lay down the carrot and come out with the big stick.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

You're right. If a healthcare provider chooses not to follow the mandate and loses their federal funding as a result, that's on the healthcare provider. Which means that De Santis' announcement is meaningless and is just a way for him to stay in the spotlight.

Incorrect.

It means something to those who aren't inclined to comply with unethical mandates.

These new vaccines are dangerous and no one should be forced to take them. Conversely, no one should be prevented from taking this shot if, in their estimation, they will benefit from it.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I wonder how popular de Santis will be when his elderly population has ti start paying for their doctor's visits and medication because their doctors can no longer accept Medicare.

can you imagine the optics of that? Headline! "Joe Biden withholds Medicare for Florida residents, thousands dead!"
that would be an epic 'hold my beer' moment to cap off his first year of flucking up America.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I have always hated our governors until this guy. I like him. He doesn't put up with any bs.

We have no mandates of any kind. If there are they are not by the state but local and even then they can't really be enforced and nobody really enforces them to begin with.

I love how he is against vaccine passports too.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

He has little to do Federal reqs. Peon.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

He has little to do Federal reqs. Peon.

Correct. He is the governor of a state.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Good. My wife is currently pregnant, we are both nurses and they just mandated the booster. There is no data on long term effects of the vaccine on children in the womb, so my wife wanted to use an exemption. Our hospital says the CDC recommends it so you cant use pregnancy for an exemption even though they can't provide any long term safety data (obviously). Healthcare workers, heroes to zeroes within a year.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Red states have not problem allowing the workers in the state chose what they want to do with their bodies, in comparison the Hell holes democrats states are forcing their citizens to do what they are told or lose their job.

Democrats really love Americans and care for their workers.

But then wants their nurses to come to work sick with covid anyway.

California told doctors and nurses to report to work anyway even though they test positive for covid-19. What a crazy place California is.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Good. My wife is currently pregnant, we are both nurses and they just mandated the booster. There is no data on long term effects of the vaccine on children in the womb, so my wife wanted to use an exemption. Our hospital says the CDC recommends it so you cant use pregnancy for an exemption even though they can't provide any long term safety data (obviously). Healthcare workers, heroes to zeroes within a year.

Congratulations.

You don't have to look too hard to find data that says what her job told her may not be the whole truth, and there are quite a few cases that may refute their claim. I think it is ridiculous to force a vaccine on a pregnant woman, with no real long term data to support their safe and effective claim. They said the same thing about Thalidomide.

The vaccine does not stop pregnant women from getting the virus. With all the risks that are already involved with pregnancy, how can they in good consciousness mandate the vaccine at all, lest of all to pregnant women?

Also look at the studies that focus on the impact on the viability of the fetus. There are not many. Most are focused on the viability of the mother.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Except that headline would be false. The residents would still have Medicare. Their doctors just wouldn't be getting reimbursed for Medicare claims.

It's funny how you guys suddenly have an issue with defunding doctors' offices when you're spent years trying to defund Planned Parenthood, which many low-income women rely upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join