It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamins and antioxidants in trees / forests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: rickymouse

Be careful, pine needles from the wrong family are toxic.

farmtheworld.org...

It's best to use it moderate.

I was going to say that.
Pine needle tea is healthy in small doses only.
It is also an anti parasitic/dewormer, I've read

So like Ivermectin? hahahahhah.

So the COVID cure is to just simply hang out in a forest of pine trees.

Actually when I presumably had it in March 2020, I did go hang out in a forested area a lot. Also did that when I had a bout of microwave radiation sickness as well earlier last year.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I’ll look for actual references but you are right on the money.
It is old knowledge.

Even back in the day when there were lumberjacks would cycle out because the air conditions and sawing would cause lung disease.
The forest air is thick damp and filled with mold. Yes there are probably some health benefits, but being exposed to it too much is not healthy. This is common sense. Also the intolerance is not just to pine, it is to certain barks and fungi.

www.tandfonline.com...

“Forestry workers had significantly elevated mortality for pulmonary tuberculosis, chronic airways obstruction, and pneumonia. Prevalence of wheeze was elevated “

edit on 14-1-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I’ll look for actual references but you are right on the money.
It is old knowledge.

Even back in the day when there were lumberjacks would cycle out because the air conditions and sawing would cause lung disease.
The forest air is thick damp and filled with mold. Yes there are probably some health benefits, but being exposed to it too much is not healthy. This is common sense. Also the intolerance is not just to pine, it is to certain barks and fungi.

www.tandfonline.com...

“Forestry workers had significantly elevated mortality for pulmonary tuberculosis, chronic airways obstruction, and pneumonia. Prevalence of wheeze was elevated “

Some of the stuff that grows on trees is good for medicine, but you need to know about them before you start using them. I know of one lichen and one type of moss that can be used as medicine. But remember, one mans medicine is another mans poison. Also, you can't keep taking a medicine all the time, you need to take the right medicine at the right time.

But I love the woods and I am aware that there are things out there that can kill you. Yes, exposure to the woods can cause problems. But it is very relaxing for me to be in the woods and there is very little of the radio signals in the woods, the trees suck it up and it is tranquil there, my head noise from the epilepsy goes way down in the woods. If you work in forestry you are out in the elements, in the rain and snow. Most loggers cut wood in the late fall and winter when the sap goes down into the roots. The wood is easier to kiln dry and it is less sappy when you make things out of it. So the environment of a woods worker is harsh most times.

I would never be a logger because I feel bad when I cut down a live tree....I do burn wood, but I usually cut dead trees or I try to buy the wood from someone who was clearing land to build something, the death had a different reason than fueling my woodstove, I did not put out a hit on the tree. If there is a good reason for cutting the tree down, I have no problem. I also do not condone loggers, they are making a living, people need wood, someone is going to do it. I just don't want to kill the tree myself. I know I was a builder and I bought lumber to build houses and garages and decks, I was partially responsible for the death of trees too, but I never talked anyone into building bigger than they needed, I just built what they wanted. I was responsible for the deaths of a lot of trees though, I will not deny that. I do feel a little guilty about it but I had to work to survive. I planted a lot of trees on my land last year, to try to replace the ones I cut down. We were transplanting little oaks from under the oak tree to the woods, hundreds of them.

Boy, I am turning into a sop in my old age.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I would never be a logger because I feel bad when I cut down a live tree

I know exactly what you mean. I absolutely hate it and only do it when absolutely necessary like when a tree is diseased.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

With great power comes great responsibility

top topics

<< 1   >>

join