It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aus PM Revoked Novak Djokovic Visa for Public Interest's Safety. "Again"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
a reply to: vNex92

Djokovic has not helped himself by making errors on his visa application which he has admitted/blamed someone in his vast team

Novak Djokovic admits visa form 'error' and failing to isolate after positive test

Novak Djokovic has admitted an "error of judgement" in failing to isolate after testing positive for COVID-19 last month, and says his agent unintentionally provided incorrect information on his Australian visa application form.

Novak Djokovic admits breaking isolation rules while he had Covid amid visa 'lie' claims

World no.1 Novak Djokovic has admitted to breaching isolation rules despite testing positive for Covid in December, as he continued to meet a journalist despite contracting the virus. In an Instagram post shared to his 9.9million followers on Wednesday, Djokovic admitted that he was at fault for an "error of judgement" as he continued to meet a journalist two days after testing positive for Covid on December 16.

Djokovic Admits 'Error' on COVID, Australian Visa

Serbian Novak Djokovic said he made an “error of judgment” when he had COVID-19 last month but did not isolate. The world’s top tennis player also blamed his support team for a mistake in his Australian visa.

Similar to the UK with both Boris and Kier supposed leaders of their repective parties making rules for the masses and then not adhering to them, it always seems to be the rich and powerful who flout these rules and then apologies....only when caught...feck em ALL

Not even close to the same. Novak isn’t pushing the mandates which are nonsensical and in opposition to human rights.

Funk the rules. They are meant to be broken and then dropped into the dustbin of history.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Extremistcontent

Thats why i used the word similar, people with money and power do what they wish while your average Joe has to suffer with these extreme measures, I am not in favour of lockdowns but I have little sympathy for Novak if he and his team of experts could not provide the correct paperwork, should he just be allowed to do as he wishes as Boris and Kier have done also with no consequence?

Surely a multimillionaire has enough experts to ensure he has the neccesary paperwork completed correctly in time as the other entrants to the tournament or does Novak deserve special dispensation?

So if rules are meant to be broken I take it you support Boris and Kier, they brought in lockdowns to the UK and then did not adhere to them, all why issuing fines to your average joe who dared break them, the minimum that should happen in the UK is any average joe issued with a fine should have there fine refunded and Novak should fire whoever in his team made the error, which he has admitted happened.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Politicians just need a wake up call. If it gets to the point where I just can’t enjoy freedoms because I didn’t want to be experimented on, I’ll become a martyr. I won’t even go after the politicians. I’ll target their families and kids like they have done mine.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I love how quickly the left abandons "follow the science" whenever there's a political axe to grind. The science says he's perfectly safe and no danger to the public. He had Covid recently. He doesn't need the vaccine. This is why TWO independent medical panels and a judge said he should be allowed to stay. But a politician was allowed to overrule them because of public backlash, purely political motives to appease a mob. And he waited until after the draw was announced just to troll Djokovic more.

So congrats, Australia, you've got an authoritarian, fascist government that ignores the courts, science, and medical experts, and your minister has the maturity level of a high school girl. But hey, at least you got to stick it to an anti-vaxxer right?
edit on 14 1 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... I wonder how much Djokovic's stance against his own Government's backing of Rio Tinto mining for Lithium in Serbia has to do with this?
Lithium in Serbia
Could it be because Rio Tinto is an Anglo-Australian corporation?
Rio Tinto

The Rio Tinto Limited (ASX: RIO) share price is down 1.8% at the time of writing as protests grow in Serbia.

Link

Just a thought...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

You mean the rule multiple other tennis players violated with no consequence and can stay?

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A man after my own heart.

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Well since we know for a fact that the given reason is a lie, I think any alternative explanations should be explored.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just to clarify a few things for the Non-Australians here.

Thee federal election will be held in Australia sometime between April or May 2022. Federal Election

The state election for Victoria (Melbourne is the capital of Victoria) will be held in November 2022.

The outcome of Djokovic VS Australia may influence both elections as both leaders have had their detractors over the pandemic depending who you talk too.

Also it was the Immigration Minister Alex Hawke that cancelled his visa not the Prime Minister. The distinction is important as I believe the PM is using the immigration minister as a shield if things go wrong. The PM would have given his private viewpoint to the immigration minister. LINK

From my perspective

I live in Melbourne. Myself and my fellow Victorians went through what they are calling the longest lockdown. We were not allowed to leave home except for 4 reasons for what seemed like forever. Some people lost there jobs, homes, businesses and sanity. Thankfully everything is being lifted and things are getting back to normal.

This is a hot topic in Melbourne given what we went through. The general consensus of the people I talk too is to cancel his visa and kick him out as he is seen nothing more than a rich tennis player playing by his own rules with no regards to anyone else.

K

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kewlaz

Also it was the Immigration Minister Alex Hawke that cancelled his visa not the Prime Minister. The distinction is important as I believe the PM is using the immigration minister as a shield if things go wrong. The PM would have given his private viewpoint to the immigration minister. LINK

From my perspective

I live in Melbourne. Myself and my fellow Victorians went through what they are calling the longest lockdown. We were not allowed to leave home except for 4 reasons for what seemed like forever. Some people lost there jobs, homes, businesses and sanity. Thankfully everything is being lifted and things are getting back to normal.

This is a hot topic in Melbourne given what we went through. The general consensus of the people I talk too is to cancel his visa and kick him out as he is seen nothing more than a rich tennis player playing by his own rules with no regards to anyone else.

K

I understand what you all went through. Taking it out on Djokovic seems petty though. Maybe you should hold your government to account for it. A cabinet minister being able to override the Courts is pretty authoritarian if you ask me. Djokovic isn't exactly my favorite person. Every time I see anything about him it's him being an asshole.

However, the fact is he's no more a risk to public safety than a vaccinated person is. That's what the science says. That's why two medical panels said it was okay for him to come unvaccinated. The problems with his visa were mere technicalities. I doubt he even handles any of that himself. These players all have agents who handle their travel and accommodations for them.

There's no reason not to let him play besides political bull#. Let the fans boo him into oblivion if they don't like him. The government isn't supposed to make decisions based on popularity or mob rule. At least not here. I dunno, maybe you guys are okay with that kind of fascism over there.
edit on 14 1 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
People should be mad at the politicians not the guy who just wants to play tennis.

Its sad that the govt cant realize how terrible they look right now, down right despotic in their behavior.

What makes it even worse in my opinion all the suffering in Australian and the bloody thing is endemic now and even Fauci is starting to hint that its never going away, so yall are going to go through the ups and downs everyone else is even after the jabs and the lockdowns.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
When in Rome....
do as the Romans do.

When in Sydney.... do not lie on your Visa Application

When Novak Djokovic, don't blame everyone else... try wearing big boy pants

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RIPMH370

Honestly curious what was the lie?

He applied for and was given an exemption then another department revoked it?

Was that incorrect reporting?

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   

And are you sure you believe the politicians? who might have not even gotten the vax or the boosters?
edit on 15-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Good. He should be held to the rules like everyone else.

a reply to: vNex92

Don't look at the youtube and twats... He's apparently now some sort of hero, a freedom fighter, a bloke in a position of supreme status.

He's just a #ing tennis ball hitter. Man it does my noodle in, seeing people raise him up so high...

pardon my french.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Political BS

He met all of Victorias travelling requirements.

Federal Political BS

Australia the new Banana Republic......

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

if I as a pleb break a rule of the masters which is unethical, illegal, wrong in any way, I am doing as I should

If I as the master break my own rule that I would then remove their rights from them for breaking, I am a hypocrite of the worst order.

Big difference

Nobody should follow the rules because they aren't rational, or right. But the people enforcing them not following them and not being punished for their insolence, are guilty of the very worst crimes

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Honestly curious what was the lie?

He applied for and was given an exemption then another department revoked it?

Was that incorrect reporting?

The lie is all of these people pretending he personally handles his own travel arrangements. Obviously he has people who do that for him, like all the top players do. But again, this is all political, so "Djokovic lied" sounds better than the truth.

When his travel agent filled out his visa application, they marked that he had not traveled in the past 14 days, but he had actually traveled to Spain during that period.

None of that changes the bottom line. He's not a danger to the public. These rules are in place to protect the public from individuals who might spread covid. He is no more risk of doing that than a vaccinated person is.

If these people cared about science and public safety, he would be allowed to stay and play. But they don't. This is about lashing out at the unvaccinated, even those who have a legitimate reason not to be vaccinated.

They remind me of extremist Muslims who think all non-Muslims are subhuman. Don't belong to their cult? You don't deserve basic human respect.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Tennis Channel reported the Aussie Open is restricted to 50% capacity for public safety. This rule came out after many more than 50% of seats were sold.

Then they reported they're making an exception at least for the finals, everyone who had purchased a ticket will be allowed in.

But it's all about public safety and there's no exceptions to the rules, right?

What a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
It's OK, the AO tennis final just happens to be all viruses day off
.... they sent a memo to the government

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join