It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Utopia!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

We will watch, but we make sure to skip the first minutes so we miss any wokish nonsense at the beginning. I still do enjoy football as much as I want to not enjoy it.

The Chiefs are still playing outdoors.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes, I don't care how many degrees someone has. They still don't know me or my life enough to decide what's best for me.

I spent many years learning that on my own. They don't have a credential from my university with a BS in Me.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, I don't care how many degrees someone has. They still don't know me or my life enough to decide what's best for me.

I spent many years learning that on my own. They don't have a credential from my university with a BS in Me.

That whole comment needs to be on t-shirts & bumper stickers

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

i lost all hope for you several weeks ago when i read your replies in the Kelloggs worker's rights thread... in which you brazenly outed yourself as a class-traitor. literally, you left my mouth gaping in disbelief. (tis a shame, you do typically come across as level headed.)

you should review what you wrote there and use it as a rule against your bulleted list in this OP... see if you can't figure it out on your own.

HINT: advocating against the common man in favor of the wealthy class means that you, yourself, will also find your face being stomped on by a boot.

reap what you sow and all that.

dkp.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Much of my life has been defined by the power to make positive thoughts out of a bad situation.

That is a virtue... but allowing a bad situation to continue because one can still see something positive is not.

But apparently you've confused me with someone else

No, I know who you are. You are actually one of the members I had hoped would show up. You regularly promote the political views that have led to the things I mentioned in the OP. As such, I was hoping you would at least try to explain to me why all those things are actually good.

Instead, you tried to pass the ball to "local politics." Sad. Maybe the next proponent of the failed policies can explain better.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

i lost all hope for you several weeks ago when i read your replies in the Kelloggs worker's rights thread... in which you brazenly outed yourself as a class-traitor.

Oh, really? So I was supposed to be losing sleep? Thanks for cluing me in.

you should review what you wrote there and use it as a rule against your bulleted list in this OP... see if you can't figure it out on your own.

An old thread from last December... An Existential Attack on the Union... so old I took the bait and looked it up. Yep, exactly what I figured I had said.

You see, that's a very big advantage of being honest... I don't have to remember every word I say. I know I spoke the truth, so I can just repeat the truth. And the truth in this case, if one wishes, as you suggest, to compare my complaints with my statements there, is that I spoke out against the very same thing I complained about this time as well..

My bullet points included such things as lack of product... well, how is it you believe that having striking workers means the company makes more product? Are those workers decreasing the amount of product when they work? If that's so, why have workers at all?

Another bullet point points at the issue of so many help wanted signs. Well, if, as you seem to believe by your post here, companies should not be hiring people to perform jobs others are unwilling to perform, would that not mean more people looking for work? That's the opposite of what I complained about... we now have so many jobs needing filled, because people are not working, that service seriously sucks if one can even find service. Seems to me like you got your way, and that directly led to one of the problems I mentioned.

Seems like it is your position that has led to the problems, not mine. And since you are here playing Karen over this issue, I can only assume that you are in support of the policies that have led to other issues I pointed out.

So tell me, how exactly do I logically equate a lack of service and crumbling supply lines with good things?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Class traitor?? Oh, my goodness such drama...

Here I thought we're all equal. Guess not. Since TheRedneck is one of my best friends in RL, I guess that makes me a traitor, too...

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Amen!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
clown shoes gave me a 2k a year pay raise, then slipped in 5k a year in inflation loss.

Gee I am so happy we have no more mean tweets, and they want to spend TRILLIONS more lord love a duck, I am pretty ignorant on economics and even I know thats a terrible idea.

one plus to my new career I am in Fairbanks Alaska if I am not at work I dont have to be around people at all.
edit on 14-1-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's the only positive to come out of this Covid nonsense.

Hell, if it's at all possible, I'm more than 6 feet away--considerably more.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hey ATS family I wanted to add some observations from either a super young GEN Xer or a old as # Millennial.
I would probably identify with the Young GenXer if you asked me.

For the first 23 years of my life I had no cell phone.
For the first 14 years of my life there was no Internet for me.
I remember when as kids I would walk over to friends house and knock on the door to ask him/her to play.

I remember playing flashlight tag into the wee hours of the night with 20 other children in the summer.

I remember 3 neighbors having house to my house in case I got locked out and our house having keys to their houses.

I remember 15 kids from ages 6-17 being at the bus stop in in the morning with no parents around hovering like they do now. That time was special to a kid cause no parents or teachers! That was the venting time for most of us. And if any adult came to try to “Kidnap” us he would get his ass beat.

I think the Internet has actually taken away empathy and has destroyed human relationships. 80% of communication is body language. How the hell are you supposed to have an in depth conversation with anyone over text?

Don’t even get me started with Tinder and Internet dating. It has totally ruined dating for men. Women have all the power and control with internet dating now because all these sites women outnumber men 10 to 1. It’s all on record and if you do the research what I am saying is true.

I actually live in a rural area and I have tried to be friends with my neighbors but they are always too busy to talk or don’t seem to want to know me. It’s quite bizzare actually.
I have invited them to bbqs and super bowl party and none of them show up.

But every house has the 85 inch DOLBY VISION HDR+magic box on with lights flickering all night through their family room window probably bingeing the next tiger king Netflix garbage.

Things need to change and if civilization is breaking down slowly whos to say maybe that isn’t a bad thing?

We have gotten so lazy and selfish and fat in this country. We have lost all connection with our fellow man.
I often feel like the people I talk to on here are 400% smarter then anyone in my neighborhood. I enjoy talking to people on here a lot more sometimes and reading your comments.

Now on to the help wanted signs issue in this country. Many people don’t realize their is a hidden welfare program called SSDI which stands for SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY INSURANCE. We should thank BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA foraging eligibility requirements a lot easier back in 2009.
All you have to do is work 1 year if your life and then get the right lawyer and you now have $1400 a month for life. You only have to pay into the system one year too.

Why work a bull# job for minimum wage or $10 an hour when the government pays me $1400 a month once I am considered “Disabled”. Here are something’s one get get SSDI for at the age of 20 years old or older:

Depression
ADHD
OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
ADD
Alcoholism
Drug addiction
Anxiety
Panic Attacks
PTSD from not even combat in war. You can get emotional PTSD from a parent yelling at you now and you are 100% disabled.
Bi polar
Any type of addiction
The list is never ending

So now I believe 30 million Americans from the ages of 20-60 are on SSDI. I would also assume that most of these individuals could work if they wanted too and most of these individuals aren’t in wheel chairs. And even if they were blind or deaf or paraplegic I have worked with people that were paralyzed and I have worked with a blind man before.

Don’t get me wrong we need a safety net for people if they fall on hard time but millions of able bodied Americans are leeching off the system.

The government is the problem not the solution is what President Reagan said and I agree

edit on 15-1-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I partially echo your sentiments concerning the desire to be left alone. Although I am happy to give back to the community, I am glad to act neighbourly.

Unlike Australia, New Zealand doesn't have federalism, yet councils (local government) is a source of dysfunctional train wrecks. The core problems are that councils are lousy at running and operating core services. Their addiction to tax, borrow and waste ratepayer money on rubbish or frivolous projects knows no boundaries. Additionally, councils often add another layer of red tape on top of the Resource Management Act.

Just in case that wasn't enough, unwarranted Regional Councils are the icing on top of the cake. Honestly, sometimes I feel like New Zealand suffers from gigantic and self-inflicted monsters.

[Insanely, in New Zealand, the Resource Management Act 1991 covers everything consents for building new homes to opening coal mines. Sometimes, the legislation conflicts with the Building Act 2004. Also, the Local Government Act is much of the basis for the role of councils.]

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I would like to welcome all readers to the newly-implemented Utopia we have all heard about so much. Personally, I think it sucks... but what do I know? I'm an old foggie, a disgruntled Bible-thumping, gun-hoarding, politically-incorrect, Karen-offending, unenlightened throwback to a much less enlightened time when evil was the way of the world... so I'm told. I take that to mean that I should be thankful for all the wonderful things this new Utopia brings, so I am starting this thread to ask for help. See, I'm apparently not smart enough to see myself how the things I am seeing are good. I have this backward notion about people being able to make their own decisions, chart their own path through life, and still be treated equally. So I really, really need help understanding why I should be grateful to the powers that be for all these gifts.
  • Grocery prices are soaring. I have personally witnessed the following price increases myself, and this is not by any means a complete list:
    • Ground Beef up 50% in the last year
    • Yogurt up 20% in the last month
    • Fish up 30% in the last three months
    • Cooking oil (including canola oil, which is what we use) up 75% in the last three months
    • Ramen noodles up 40% in the last three months
    • Onions up 60% in the last month

• Shortages on seemingly random items, again personally witnessed and far from a complete list:
    • Crackers
    • Tortilla chips
    • Bread
    • Milk
    • Biscuits
    • Certain types of soup

• The highest gas prices in 5 years

• Fuel efficiency has been declining for a long time, and is continuing to decline. I have owned the following cars, all either new, or one-owner transers from a family member:
    • 1986 Buick Riviera, 3.8L V6: 28 MPG combined, 32+ MPG highway, large car with lots of power.
    • 2002 Buick LeSabre, 3.8L V6: 26 MPG combined, smaller car, less powerful.
    • 2009 Buick Lucerne, 3.9L V6: less than 24 MPG, the smallest car yet (I have to contort to get in and out) and also the least powerful.

Using that progression, I think I would get my best mileage in a WWII Sherman tank. A 2022 Mini (do they still make those?) gets what?... 3 MPG? 2?

• I recently had a chance to cross an item off my bucket list... I wanted to test drive one of the new Dodge Challengers with a Hemi. Just a test drive, to feel that old feeling of power under me again. So I stopped at a Dodge dealership and asked if it would be OK for me to try one out. They were nice enough and said sure, no problem... if they had one. The only Challenger on the lot was a 2021 V6 model. Why? Because of the VLSI microchip shortage created by China. The number of production cars has decreased since they cannot get the processors they need for all the new high-tech gadgetry.

On the good side, they took my number and said they would call me when they got a Hell Cat 6.2L Hemi in.

• Overall, the price of a new car has risen by thousands of dollars.

• Fast food prices have risen to the point that it now costs very little extra to go to a nice sit-down restaurant (if one can be found).

• Help Wanted signs are everywhere.

• Wages are rising, but not as fast as cost of living.

• Service, if one can find service at all, is often rude, insolent, and uninformed.

• There are precious few specialty shops left, so online ordering is the only way to get a product that is not carried in a Big Box store.

• Big Box stores are reducing inventory, so things that were once common are now nonexistent.

• Shipping now takes a week on average, compared to 2-3 days only two years ago.

• Smaller, more efficient charities are closing. I'm having trouble finding a local charity to donate clothes to.

• Starbucks are opening everywhere, I am still a little fuzzy on what exactly a "latte" or "capucino" is... I always considered coffee to be a hot, black drink with a lot of caffeine, and which, if properly brewed, was thick enough to stand a spoon upright in. And that's only for the few times I actually wanted coffee... I prefer my caffeine cold and carbonated. So I will admit, I have never been inside a Starbucks. I wouldn't know what to order and probably wouldn't like whatever I did order.

• "Lite" beer now seems to take up 3/4 of the beer aisle. I don't understand that because I drink beer for the taste. Yes, I like beer... especially Pabst Blue Ribbon (which is getting hard to find cold, and isn't nearly as good if it ever gets hot).

• People seem to be too busy to visit any more. In my day, people would just drop by to say "Hello." That rarely happens now, usually because they "have to work." At least that's the excuse.

• People, both young and old, even when they are around family or friends, spend most of their time staring at the screen on their phone instead of talking with the people they are with. If they do talk, it is about the latest social media video with other people doing stupid things.

• Online colleges are all the rage as opposed to structured institutions. Seems to me one loses a lot of the experience by sitting in front of a laptop instead of in a classroom.

• People no longer go to college to learn; they go to college to "get a job."

• Most young people cannot add without the aid of a calculator, and have either little or incorrect knowledge about history. They also cannot write well, and believe that science is composed of decrees from higher authorities instead of experimentation and observation.

• Crime is up, and some criminals are actually moving out from the cities to more rural areas.

• I have to lock my car in my driveway, and my door if I leave the house. Otherwise, I chance someone breaking in and damaging/stealing my property.

• Marijuana is still illegal, but that is only enforced when the authorities wish to enforce it... so anyone who uses it is in essence agreeing to be imprisoned whenever those in authority wish to do so.

• The President makes and enforces laws; the Congress impeaches Presidents and makes more laws.

• Insurance companies determine what health care one needs.

• Hospitals now perform some medical procedures outside if the patient cannot tolerate a face mask.

• Doctors are to follow AMA/CDC guidelines to the letter, even if that means ignoring their patients' needs.

• Doctors no longer see sick or injured patients. Now they see patients who do not immediately need their services, and send those who do to the local Emergency Room.

• People are told to avoid the local Emergency Room because they are "taxing the medical system."
Now, all of the things I have listed are what I have observed and/or experienced directly, with my own eyes. Please do not try to tell me I did not see/experience them. I know what I saw and I am really, really, really getting tired of being lied to. If all you can do is tell me that these things are not happening, then please just go the freak away and annoy someone else.

But I am sincere when I say that I want to understand why these are good things that I should be happy about. I don't see them as such, and I know that, based on what a great many people are saying, I should see them as something good. So please, will someone help me to understand so I may enjoy this Utopia as well?

TheRedneck

edit on 15-1-2022 by dredz because: Redneck, although I don't think wee line up politically, I couldn't agree more with ,pretty much , every word in your statement. I am not a frequent poster , but have been a member for a few years. That was an honest and clear evaluation of where we, the planet, are at this point in time, but I feel we are anachronisms now, and may be past our sell by dates. Let's hope sanity returns, and we can figure our way past the bull sh#t..With respect.....

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Uneducated Americans still believe MSM like CNN,Msnbc,etc.
A complete brainwashed culture that continues everyday.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Whether it was planned, or simply opportunism, there’s no denying that the system seems to be getting a redesign towards an even more feudal template.

The kind of utopia the 1% desire necessitates dystopia for the rest of us.

It’s a pattern of control and revolution throughout history. But with each rinse & repeat the advances in tech change how it plays out. I’ve long feared that we’ve reached a kind of singularity - a point of no return when tech finally gives tptb the tools to end the cycle and finally maintain a state of utopia: utopia for them, hell for us.

Some aspects of tech, such as the printing press have of course made it more difficult for tptb to secure their tyranny - education is the enemy control. But over time every innovation becomes part of the control and the global Information age has created opportunities to distract, divide and conquer - cancel culture being perhaps the most recent sleight of hand.

Mass surveillance, biometric identification, fake news and editorialisation with an agenda create CCP levels of fear and mistrust in our communities and neighbours, leaving us that much more at the whim of our masters to protect us from all of these threats.

And now, whether planned or seized upon a pandemic is the perfect scenario to bring these elements of control into lock step. A paradigm shift in society that sets in place like concrete a new feudal structure with the complete cooperation of its victims. That’s the risk of our current state as I see it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
And then the technology is invented that gives us the advantage, as the curve is inverted and the cycle repeats.

a reply to: McGinty

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I'll have to agree with that. The first time I heard about staying six feet away from others, I thought it meant I was supposed to stand closer than normal. I prefer ten feet or more if possible. Humans are nasty critters anyway, and I don't always know where the one next to me has been.

Curbside pickup would be an awesome thing, if (and this is a huge "if") we had people working in these stores that actually knew what they were supposed to bring out, and enough people working to actually manage to get the order ready in less than two days. I live pretty far out, so I can't always just take the hour to get ready, drive all the way into town, wait for my order to come out, drive all the way back, and unload it at the drop of a text message. I'm not three blocks away, people!

If I can get in the store and out within 30 minutes, why can't an employee, who knows the store better because they work there, and who is not disabled, do the same in an hour? And don't tell me they're too busy, because the pickup parking slots are never full.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Things need to change and if civilization is breaking down slowly whos to say maybe that isn’t a bad thing?

I was looking for someone who is antagonistic to my view to answer my simple question, but you seem to have beaten them all! Maybe it is a good thing, for that simple reason: to tear down, once and for all, these crazy authoritarian policies.

But damn, it's painful going through it to get to the reward! Can we maybe, just maybe, remember the lesson of history this time around?

Here, have a PBR or five... ice cold, the way God intended it to be.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Just goes to show that the technology isn't the problem... it's what humans do with the technology. The same revelations in physics that led to clean, efficient nuclear power also caused the Fukushima meltdown and allowed the creation of the atomic bomb. The same Internet that allows us to have such great almost unlimited access to information can also be used to addict us to irrelevant fluff on social media and be used to force propaganda down our collective throats.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

There is some truth to what you say.

My brother-in-law comes from a fairly whiskey tango family. One of his brothers is on SSDI. I'll be plain; the man has many problems. He's a drug addict and has uncontrolled diabetes in the mix, but his SSDI is because he has lost a toe.

My dad, on the other hand, worked for many years at a local CO-OP with a younger man who busted his butt, gardened roses in his off time, and had also lost a toe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join