It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not vaxed, mandates but working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So, a few issues, needed to be vaxed, not big on the people I worked with or for, was told I had to be vaxed or would lose my job, so I resigned
Kicked around for a bit but eventually took a few jobs on Airtasker, I am not affiliated with them in anyway, they take a large percentage but, got and getting work, making reasonable money and choosing my own hours
Have picked up a few private customers, have to learn what to charge people to be fair on myself and keep customers, do the job properly and, well, so far

Had to spend a bit on a step ladder, new battery operated hammer drill, grinder, have most other tools, few tax breaks, learning on the go.
So, if you are at a lose end, maybe give it a try
Feeling healthy and well, psychologically in a good place

Pretty sure even advertising at the local shop would pay off
If I can do it, surely it’s worth a try if you are at a lose end for a bit

www.airtasker.com...

Certainly helps me.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Good work Raggedy, keep on kicking on.

a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There's also a lot of online work for those that are handy with certain computer skills. Photo editing, video editing, podcast skills, translation, admin skills -- there's lots of ideas, that market is also saturated, but good for some.

There's some great writers on this site, there's work for content writers. Or copy writers, everything is marketing.....

I've even looked over the Fiverr site looking for ideas, there's people paying people to be their friends.....there's some crazy ways to earn money -- some are a little icky though

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Good on You!!!

Just a thought, but it definitely applies. Lots of folk stuck in "essential jobs" are also doing tons of mandatory overtime, leaving absolutely no time for their "to do lists". Finding someone is a literal Godsend, if you aren't "too" picky about what needs done.

For instance where I'm at a local guy had gotten laid off from a oil job.
His kid has "special medical needs" so he went around to see if a few Senior Citizens needed help with their yards? Cause he's a decent guy he refused to charge more than $30 bucks. Older folk on fixed incomes & all...

Word spread like wildfire!
People who could pay more happily did, in chit-chatting it turned out he was fairly handy so he picked up MORE work.
If it was something he could do, from caulking windows to simple plumbing fixes, he was great with it!
His first job with me was "supposed to be" just a simple mow. I came home to that plus extensive weed whacking , wood stacked and my porch swept off! Easily a 8-9hr job.

Dunno about anyone reading this, but I don't go to work for free. The dude was in tears when I had him come back to "adjust" his pay. He didn't ask for it, he certainly didn't expect it and he got a lecture to boot about his time being AT LEAST as valuable as mine.

A true Handyman is the most valuable thing to people who either "can't do" or cause of circumstances are unable to do.

Point being aside from online job's there are underserved people all over the place who are terrified of the bigger contractors, or have legitimate jobs that larger companies turn their noses up at, or waiting lists 6 months out.
This dude once once word of mouth got out had more work than anyone could do in a work week. Waiting for him to get you in was fine since most of his other customers, no matter the job, you KNEW were Seniors who didn't have anyone else, nor could they afford anyone else.

Just something to consider.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL really i have been my own boss for most of my life
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How i earn $200.00 bucks or so an hour,, and make my own hours was my story i offer to you all

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: darrman

Nice but can’t do that innAustralia, it’s a trade certification
Well done sharing your idea, very generous

top topics

join