It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa says vaccine mandate for truck drivers 'has not changed'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Justin Trudeau not backing down on vaccine mandate for truck drivers.
Ottawa's policy has not changed yet.

Sorry mods if i might add a little rant/mud pit in this one. This shouldn't have come off as a surprise to anyone.
Justin Trudeau had being the biggest cheerleader for vaccine, vaccination covid passports.

Or calling Millions of Canadians last year who haven't taken the covid vaccination as Racist, among other insults.

Still Believes that his govt decision to push for vaccine mandate/covid passports arent a failure nor arent causing staff shortages. Instead the govt blames the staff shortage on the covid variant.

Ottawa says vaccine mandate for truck drivers 'has not changed'

A joint statement released Thursday from Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra and Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino said unvaccinated Canadian truck drivers will have to meet pre-entry, arrival and Day 8 testing requirements, as well as quarantine upon entry into Canada. The statement comes after it was reported that the federal government had backtracked on its vaccine mandate and would provide an exemption for Canadian truck drivers.

The Canada Border Services Agency told reporters on Wednesday evening that it would not require unvaccinated Canadian truck drivers to quarantine when they re-enter the country. The mandate would still apply to foreign truck drivers entering into Canada, with the United States preparing to impose similar restrictions on Canadian truckers on Jan. 22.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Justin Trudeau has no issues breaking the same Covid rules being at a bar maskless and undistanced..
Uses Children to ask them to get them vaccinated.

The same Govt which bragged about Mix & Match you're doses.

While ignoring millions of home owners facing a house crisis. Claimed during the last election that Ottawa would do something about the housing crisis they are only talking and not doing much.

edit on 13-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I find this challenging to deal with. A part of me worries that imposing these kinds of restrictions on truck drivers is a very bad idea. I feel this is a security issue that goes beyond the risks of coronavirus.

I'm hoping the provinces can do anything about that?

The words Mr. Trudeau uses to express himself can be deeply disappointing.

I don't necessarily agree with the steps that British Columbia has taken during these times, but still feel pride living here. I feel it would be in Canada's best interest for Justin to practice thinking more carefully about what he says before putting it out there.

There's only so much my brothers and sisters across our country will take, before more start questioning the wisdom of maintaining a sinking ship. Makes me wonder what our First Nations think of all of this...

edit on 14-1-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I'm hoping the provinces can do anything about that?

didn't JT just gave 68 Billion provinces to comply with his mandates? the same mandates which are creating a staff shortage?

What makes you think they might? the only one way now when there is a supply shortage. When Truckers turn back to America.

These vaccines, boosters are proving they arent preventing transmission of covid and yet JT & his advisors are expecting that Truckers get not only vaccinated but boosted four times?
JT doesn't believe his mandates are creating a shortage.

I hope Truckers can create pressure on JT & his advisors for their polices had being wrong and its not a surprise from his 2020 speech.
edit on 14-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:11 AM
link   

It's not looking easy, moving forward.

To be fair, for all the crazy stuff happening I don't really hear many people wishing to trade places or walk in any of our leader's shoes. Could just be me, but it's something I've noticed through all the discord.

It would be interesting if the provinces considered asking us if we wanted to separate. If Quebec could do it, we could too, lol.

I'm sorry. This isn't really something to joke about, but it's better to laugh than cry most of the time. I don't usually post in the mud pit, though our leaders could easily become lightning rods given the situation.

I think it's worth mentioning because the premiers get catch flaq from both directions. Given that wouldn't it be prudent to ask the citizens some important questions about policy? It could save their skin after all.

I saw some encouraging signs recently when some of the ideas proposed in Quebec were brought up in the Vancouver subreddit. Many people pointed out the slippery slope financial "incentives" for the treatment "hesitant" individuals were brought up. Going along with fining those who choose to rely on other ways of mitigating risks, appeared to be an idea that was helping to wake people up to what is going on in our country.

As far as the truckers go, I get the impression that this move is sort of like trying to bite the hand that feeds you...

edit on 14-1-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: added quotations to the word hesitant

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

As far as the truckers go, I get the impression that this move is sort of like trying to bite the hand that feeds you...

I dont think JT would be successful into pushing these amazing Truckers. The WEF's JT's admin had bite more they can chew.

Justin Trudeau still owns a explanation for his great reset comment i fail to believe it was anxiety when he said that the crisis has given them an opportunity for a reset.

You cant even say proper words if one has anxiety.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I don't know if he cares.

The way I perceive his role in all of this, makes me wonder if he has bigger fish to fry.

I mean, many Canadians across the country have been practicing doing their best to weather this storm.

In my neck of the woods, most choose the treatments on good faith. The info was foggy at best, but I sincerely believe that the majority of individuals were hoping that the adenovirus and mrna treatments would truly be a tool to help shift the tides. They thought it would help protect them and the people they care about.

It bothers me to see the way the seeds of division have been sowed. Talking to those that mean the most to me, I just haven't gotten a malicious vibe or immature response offline from any of them. Reaching out and talking to my local representatives, they have been cordial.

I can't help but feel that all the stress of the mismanagement that has occurred has encouraged people to lash out online. I mean if people really feel that way, say it to my face. It makes me realize just how easy it is to vent online. I often think that those who advocate openly for the more extreme discrimination towards those in the minority, have different lessons to learn.

It can be disheartening. I have found the Universe whispers, raises it's voice and turns into echoes as it tries to get a message across. If someone can't hear that, then who or what are they listening to?

It's not rocket surgery, Canada punches above its weight and we are a diverse and talented nation. I shouldn't need to send a carrier pigeon to get a message across.

All this has encouraged me to take a look at options I'd rather not. No matter the pen is mightier than the sword. Makes me wonder if people still read sometimes.

edit on 14-1-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: added or what after who

top topics

join