It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court blocks vaccine mandate!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Another loss for mean old Joe

FILL A BUSTER STAYS AS IS.

Democrat Senators Manchin/Sinema say "Phuck Joe Biden!"

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Hmm...I Guess Healthcare Workers Don't Own their Own Bodies . That does Not Sound Right.........

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Hmm...I Guess Healthcare Workers Don't Own their Own Bodies . That does Not Sound Right.........

What was the reasoning? Did Sotomayor write it down, lol?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

That's because it is Nazism.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
At will work can't force me to take meds can they? Can they make me hurt myself on purpose too? NO!

You can rationalize this part I believe. I have faith your trying to see the truth.

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

How does it not conflict with Texas' at-will employment status. Abbot's mandate isn't a law it's an executive order. The whole point of at-will employment is that an employer can terminate an employee for any reason as long as it's not illegal.

Since Abbot's EO isn't a law it is therefore not illegal to terminate someone based on their vaccination status.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It sounds like there is so more need to review this too in the SC.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Enduro
Supreme Court has blocked vaccine mandates for private companies but healthcare mandate holds up. Supreme Court voted 6 to 3

www.cnbc.com...

Let’s go Brandon!

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

"Healthcare Mandate holds up"???

Another thing they have not thought through. They are already suffering with a nursing shortage, they really can't afford to push any more off the boat.

19% of the nursing force will be aging out soon. Nursing is nothing like it used to be, and flipping hamburgers, in some places, not only pays more, you also would have to put up with a lot less crap.

Many older nurses, those that have reached retirement age ,and those coming close to it, are just throwing in the towel. Even without the mandates, the average nursing position is just not worth it for many anymore. And many of the young nurses, are definitely not going to put up with the crap they are dishing out.

So they either haven't thought this whole thing through, or they have another plan. AI is not the answer, because whether they know it or not, human touch cannot be replicated.

Age The median age of RNs was 52 years. Although the median age of the workforce has remained approximately the same since 2013, the age distribution of the workforce has changed substantially. Nurses who are aged 65 years or older account for 19% of the RN workforce and comprise the largest age category. The proportion of nurses aged 65 years or older increased by 5.1 percentage points from 2013 and by 4.4 percentage points from 2017 (Table 4 and Figure 1).

www.journalofnursingregulation.com...(21)00027-2/fulltext

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Am I the only one that has had it with any and all "executive orders"?
Clean the congress out, setup term limits for all, and legislate the way the system was intended back in the 1700's.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
Clean the congress out, setup term limits for all, and legislate the way the system was intended back in the 1700's.

Glad you mentioned this, term limits, no lobbyists there's a good start.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: chiefsmom

Well, I sure hope that means that those who lost their jobs can sue now.

Nobody lost their job because of the OSHA mandate. It wasn't even supposed to go into effect until Jan. 10th, 2022, and it was blocked from going into effect on Jan 10th by the lower court, which SCOTUS just upheld.

People lost their jobs due to businesses/corporations that required the vax and/or state and local mandates.

They lost their jobs due to biden declaring a federal vax mandate and the colluding corporations going along.

Both are guilty. Both will pay dearly. Maybe not in this life but everyone involved will suffer for what they’ve done.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Extremistcontent

Try to stop the spread of a virus? Those monsters.
edit on 1/13/2022 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If someone shoves another into the path of an oncoming bus, then paralyzes the victim yanking them out of the path of said bus, are you in the practice of applauding the person for their "heroism" shown in saving the victim from the bus?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Please explain how this vaccine stops the spread of the virus, I'll wait............

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Part of being an American is not just our Freedoms, but our responsibility as educated, aware and enlightened citizenry to understand those Freedoms and how we should proceed.

To recognize a clear and present danger, educate us on the issue, provide the tools and tell us, "Good Luck".

Don't FORCE something on me and my family, EVER. That's antithetical to the American way of life. You don't force me to take the Flu Shot, do you? Nope, but I'll take it, willingly because I know better.

The same should be with Covid, ESPECIALLY if its looking like it's here to stay. If we're to live with it, better to let us regulate it on our own.

Eventually, we'll all adapt to it to the point of obscurity, *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Please explain how this vaccine stops the spread of the virus, I'll wait............

Uh
The nice cdc lady said on the magic picture box that it don't.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Also states can enact their own mandates.

Let them try. People can move, sue, and resist.

Lets Go Brandon

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Federal Funding "Lock-ins" make for strong and coercive Authoritarians !!!!!

Now let State Marxist policies bankrupt employers and add to the planned worker "shortages" and dock slowdowns 😸😆

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Also states can enact their own mandates.

Which Mandate would be your favorite ? 👋

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Private businesses are still allowed to enact their own mandates.

Which is the Constitutional way since the beginning of the US .
Thus we have school vaccinations , seat belts , automobile insurance , and a host of others
All this is States rights .
Businesses cannot "mandate" anything .
They can , however , create their own rules up to a limited level (very limited)
However , there are still laws they HAVE to follow provided by each State .
So , if a State regulation states they cannot do something , in that State , they CANNOT do such .
The US Federal government has no power , whatsoever , to "mandate" anything to do with public health and/or safety .
And , neither does OSHA .

edit on 1/13/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst

unfortunately people are stupid and they can't see how stupid it is to expect people with conflict of interest that created the broken system we have today and are benefiting from , to fix it for us.

Its as stupid as going to the mob and asking them to fix crime in your city yet majority of folks do it year after year and even here on ATS because fear of the supposed OTHER party boogie man.

I have been saying long before the following post, but CONFLICT OF INTEREST should be the ONLY issue we should be focused on.

Both Party , MSM. both sides of the news, and Hollywood need to be told to STFU about healthcare, foreign relations, taxes, welfare, racism,sexism, economy, inflation, ME, etc and only focus on CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Conflict of interest effects every issue we have and until we minimize it there is nothing that will get fixed or made for the better.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join