It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Now Covers with Civilian Agencies; FAA Ground Stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As you may be aware, there was an FAA “ground stop” issued at minimum for all aircraft on the west coast of the US:

www.thedrive.com...

On the afternoon of Monday, January 10, 2022, at around 2:30 PM PST, the Federal Aviation Administration issued a ground stop order to all planes, at least in the western United States. The temporary pause on all movements to and from airports included aviators being ordered to land and lasted roughly between seven and 20 minutes before it was lifted and services returned to normal. There has so far been no explanation given for this action.

Speculation is that this was potentially tied to a DPRK missile launch that occurred at nearly the same time.

Maybe.

What’s interesting to me is, the FAA never mentioned a thing about said missile launch in their official response - they actually said nothing eloquently (which is a learned and useful skill). Per the FAA (from link above that noted a tweet from the FAA’s certified account):

As a matter of precaution, the FAA temporarily paused departures at some airports along the West Coast on Monday night. Full operations resumed in less than 15 minutes. The FAA regularly takes precautionary measures. We are reviewing the process around this ground stop as we do after all such events.

NORAD denies any involvement or noting anything on their scopes.

That’s the interesting angle.

The “event”, whatever caused it, makes me think that those who want to know “what’s really going on” need to look at what’s happening and communications from agencies that largely serve a civilian purpose (FAA) who could be used as a cover for non-civilian, black project/program or national security issues.

Why?

NORAD denies any involvement or awareness of what triggered this event. I call BS. If something causes the FAA to issue a ground stop to the left coast, something happened. If it was an airborne problem - which would make sense if the solution is grounding aircraft - then how does NORAD have no awareness of the threat? During an ICBM launch no less!

So either NORAD is asleep at the wheel, the FAA screwed up, maybe COVID staffing issues or it was just human error. Could be other errors as well.

The missile launch angle makes sense to me but why would you ground the west coast if we had an incoming missile threat? Worried about one plane getting hit by said missile? That would suck for those on the plane but first that’s low probability and second you’d want to move air traffic AWAY from the threat, right? Clear the airspace? Doesn’t add up.

The missile launch may have triggered something else that was viewed as problematic. This whole thing makes me think that the FAA (in this case) is the smoke screen - which might make this the new playbook:

Use civilian agencies to cover for military/national security/social engineering/black projects and/or programs.

That would fit the current climate’s M.O. We live in a world where few pieces of official news isn’t some form of contradiction, lie, hope or double talk.

If that is the “new” playbook - maybe it’s not new. That would mean that to find out what’s “really going on” or to find out when there’s something “interesting” happening (or has happened) you need to scour the notification history of those agencies and look for events or responses that make you say, “ugh… that doesn’t add up”.

Pay attention to the non-alphabet agencies… and watch/research those who are largely civilian focused.

Also, alphabet agencies just make me realize why Google is now “Alphabet”… ha!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

Interesting.
I have not read the entire story at your link yet, as I am actually getting ready to go to sleep.
As far as I am aware, this is not something that happens very often, right?
Any UAP activity off the Californian coast?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Things that make you go 'hmmm'. Most people are too busy living their lives to notice the constant barrage of double speak, let alone notice what they're NOT saying. That speaks the loudest to me. The more they downplay or brush over something, the more likely something's being hidden.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

simpleflying.com...

Time. It included a temporary pause on all flights taking off and landing in the area, as well as aviators being instructed to land. It’s a highly irregular event, with some ATC stating that it was the first time such a widespread ground stop had been called since the events of 9/11.

Extremely rare.

After reading a bit more on this, I am wondering if there was concern over a solar flare, EMP burst, or something of that nature... seems like you'd want planes on the ground if something like that was expected.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Maybe CNN paid them to do that so people would be forced to watch 7-20 minutes more of their BS?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

simpleflying.com...

Time. It included a temporary pause on all flights taking off and landing in the area, as well as aviators being instructed to land. It’s a highly irregular event, with some ATC stating that it was the first time such a widespread ground stop had been called since the events of 9/11.

Extremely rare.

After reading a bit more on this, I am wondering if there was concern over a solar flare, EMP burst, or something of that nature... seems like you'd want planes on the ground if something like that was expected.

My guess?

Something from higher up than a NK missle goes.

Either a rock, or debris. If a rock, maybe the trajectory left us a little wiggle room & we squeaked by. If debris, well, that's a myriad of things to consider.

Either way, what's Space Force been up to lately?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If I chase my own thought here, you’d want to be paying attention to:

FAA
NASA
BLM (land management)
The Department of the Interior and all sub-agencies
NOAA
Any agency that’s nuclear related
DHS

More!

Fascinating. We cover what’s really going on with a benign civilian veil and no one asks questions. It’s like that whole Sunspot (I think that was it?) observatory thing a ways back. Something other than an academic observatory was operating there - or it had another purpose - and we had a reason to take action. Official narrative was a very earthly, non-National security related story and that was it for the masses.

This avenue is testable. Need to go back and see what some of these agencies were up to around the time some historical events - who was in charge, their backgrounds, the administration in power, their scope and mandates, social climate, etc. - to put the agencies past notifications in context and look for statements that don’t make contextualized sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Didn't Music is magic mention 3 launches?..

Brb.

Edit: yep, he did. Here's that link if you need anything. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So North Korea tests a missile. Anybody think that the US might be testing it's response? If I was planning to knock down an enemy missile, one of the first things I might want to do would be to clear the engagement zone. Figuring that any interception system is going to rely on a radar skin paint for detection, I might want to remove anything that might be mistaken for a target to allow me to concentrate on the threat.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
So North Korea tests a missile. Anybody think that the US might be testing it's response? If I was planning to knock down an enemy missile, one of the first things I might want to do would be to clear the engagement zone. Figuring that any interception system is going to rely on a radar skin paint for detection, I might want to remove anything that might be mistaken for a target to allow me to concentrate on the threat.

That’s an interesting angle and seems plausible to me.

I can’t say with certainty but I’d assume that kind of tracking system is space based and could differentiate between a plane with a transponder and an ICBM? Not to mention the speed to the ICBM would be traveling at would be a massive outlier vs. aircraft.

That’s just me musing - but the defense angle seems plausible.

Still mean the FAA is a cover though.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

simpleflying.com...

Extremely rare.

My guess?

Something from higher up than a NK missle goes.

Either a rock, or debris. If a rock, maybe the trajectory left us a little wiggle room & we squeaked by. If debris, well, that's a myriad of things to consider.

Either way, what's Space Force been up to lately?

Great call out and good question.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Anything "space based" would be based off of thermal emissions or atmospheric shock waves. Any targeting system is going to be based off skin paint radar. You have a point about speed, but, there's one problem. If you have multiple objects in a defined space you have the possibility for propagation. A radar signal could reflect off of multiple objects, giving the illusion of higher speed. That's all I'm going to say on that. My info is dated, but, some of it could still be valid.

join