It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Lost 90% Of Its Key Audience

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Tuning out! Viewership at scandal-plagued CNN plummets by as much as 90% from last year in both overall audience and in advertiser-coveted 25-to-54 demographic.

Scandal-scarred CNN has seen its viewership nosedive by a staggering 90 percent both overall and in the critical demographic coveted by advertisers in the first week of the new year as compared to last year.

The once-proud leader in cable news averaged just 548,000 viewers during the week of January 3, a precipitous drop from the nearly 2.7 million viewers for the same week in 2021, according to the most recent ratings.

CNN also saw an 86 percent decline in the much-desirable 25-to-54 demographic, with a paltry 113,000 tuned in last week, compared to the 822,000 CNN averaged a year ago.

CNN's embattled boss Jeff Zucker was slammed last month over the network's low ratings and reported scandals over the actions of several prominent figures, including Cuomo and Don Lemon.

Additionally, CNN senior producer John Griffin was arrested by the FBI on charges involving sex crimes with children.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Big surprise, huh? Seems the general public doesn't like elitism, extremist political views, fake news, and child abusers.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I for one LOVE seeing the downfall of Don Lemon. His smug rants aren't atypical of a slew of other pathetic liberal pundits. But I suppose it's his delivery that makes his face so punchable.

Fun Don Lemon fact: He was in hot water for an incident at a Hamptons' bar a few years back when he drunkenly shoved his hands down the front of his pants then smushed said hand in the face of another bar patron asking him "You like c#ck huh? Is that what you like?"

Class act. All the way.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That remaining 10% is scary. Those folks are either total idiots, completely brainwashed or entirely evil.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

They've been sliding for a long time.

Now, with so many being fired for being sex perverts, and corrupt liars, parent company American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) is trying to figure out what to do with its CNN subsidiary.

I think they're having a hard time finding a buyer, for some reason.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

I for one LOVE seeing the downfall of Don Lemon. His smug rants aren't atypical of a slew of other pathetic liberal pundits. But I suppose it's his delivery that makes his face so punchable.

Fun Don Lemon fact: He was in hot water for an incident at a Hamptons' bar a few years back when he drunkenly shoved his hands down the front of his pants then smushed said hand in the face of another bar patron asking him "You like c#ck huh? Is that what you like?"

Class act. All the way.

Fun fact..... I... Would have.. Stabbed him in his stupid smug face... I'd make sure it left a nasty scar, so he could explain why he was stabbed in the face.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
90% is that all !!?? Probably fake numbers as I would be surprised if they retained 10% of their viewership unless they are thinking airline terminals count for the 10% ? I guess lies and democrat propaganda finally caught up with them.... Good !

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Seems that remaining 10% percent is literally elitist liberals. Woke politics is largely about class divide/elitism. Whereas CNN once focused on working class viewers, they now focus on upper middleclass or elite white people in LA and other Blue cities. Hard to say how deliberate this was. It doesn't seem wise to me. As common people get disgusted and leave Blue cities, those places fall apart. Not sure what it means for the future of the network.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: EternalShadow

Not sure what it means for the future of the network.

Hopefully utter DOOM for all of them!!

They're not even news agencies anymore, just mouthpieces for the establishment and corporations.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Key audience?

90% of 10 people leaves only 1.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Class act. All the way.

In 2018, Don Lemon's sister was fishing, fell into the pond, and drowned.

Source: www.newsweek.com...

Very suspicious. I can easily see that being a "hit" to send Don a message. He has tons of enemies.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Class act. All the way.

Don Lemon cuts in line to the bath room as he says “Excuse me, excuse me, I’m Don Lemon. Excuse me, I’m Don Lemon.”
I’m for real

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Someone has to watch it so they can copy clips to mock.

Seriously, I do think most of their audience watches to either mock or just keep tabs on various media outlets. Doubt there are many people who watch because they want relevant info. Twitter and youtube do a much better job of quicky reporting breaking news and if you want analysis, there is far better left leaning stuff out there that's free.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Good thing CNN still has that coveted airport audience...or do they?
edit on 12-1-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
number are meaningless !

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeforeTooLate
number are meaningless !

CNN is meaningless.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think it can be a profitable business with the right approach.

Turn part of the premises into a wax museum detailing all the scandals surrounding CNN as well as exposing all their biggest propaganda blunders.

As a grand opening get priests, shamans and holy people from all over the diversity rainbow to exorcize the building, taking us on a journey of discovery through the former offices of CNN.

Have pest control follow them and fumigate EVERYTHING.

Then..... present actual news that doesn't take advantage of your banana republic propaganda laws.

edit on 13-1-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Good for them. Now PBS . might be next. l just happen to watch PBS yesterday for a few minutes. l couldn't believe the talks. lt was said 149000 people are in the hospital with covid. ls that true ?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hate to quote from Wikipedia but according to the site:

CNN Airport was an American out-of-home television network owned and operated by AT&T's WarnerMedia through CNN, hence its name. The service broadcast general news, weather, stock market updates, entertainment, and travel content to airports across the United States.

On January 12, 2021, CNN's president Jeff Zucker announced that CNN Airport would cease operations on March 31; Zucker cited several factors and changes in consumer behavior, including the ubiquity of streaming video on mobile devices over Wi-Fi hotspots, as having made the network's purpose outdated.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fox News report from last year:

"Having to say goodbye to such a beloved brand is not easy," Zucker wrote. "I want to thank our friends and colleagues who have contributed to its success and to celebrate the fact that for 30 years, the CNN Airport Network has kept millions of domestic travelers informed. It has also become an iconic part of the traveling experience in this country."

www.foxnews.com...

Strange that we missed this. It was a massive blow to CNN.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They've been sliding for a long time.

Now, with so many being fired for being sex perverts, and corrupt liars, parent company American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) is trying to figure out what to do with its CNN subsidiary.

I think they're having a hard time finding a buyer, for some reason.

With a ratings crash as severe as this, they'll have to either shut down CNN, or do a complete rebranding.

I do remember reading about them shutting down the airport service, but it didn't draw as much attention on ATS as you would expect. I'd love to know how much of the hit was due just to this. I expect it's a pretty big fraction of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I would like to see the stats of the other news organizations as well. Did these viewers just stop watching the news all together or did they move to different networks?

Did Fox News and other news stations lose viewers as well? Myself and my household don't watch any of the news networks and rarely watch any of our local news. All of our news comes from on-line sources. My parents who at times had one TV on Fox news and the other TV on Fox business almost non-stop have switched to Newmaxx which I told them isn't any better but oh well.

I remember seeing some stats on viewers for Brian Stelters show and I don't think it was over 90,000 viewers. There are many of the online news shows or live shows that I watch that have more than that with little to no resources backing them. I just don't get how they can stay in business. Any other business would be laying off employees and retooling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join