It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Year 2022 Starts with Very High Inflation - The Biden Admin Says its Temporary - But...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Over the past four months, the price of almost everything we use and consume, has steadily relentlessly increased.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Inflation jumped at its fastest pace in nearly 40 years last month, a 7% spike from a year earlier that is increasing household expenses, eating into wage gains and heaping pressure on President Joe Biden and the Federal Reserve to address what has become the biggest threat to the U.S. economy.
More at: apnews.com...

Last Fall, when prices started soaring, the Biden Administration promised America it was a "temporary" phenomenon.

Yesterday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen told CNN that the U.S. has not lost control of inflation.

“On a 12-month basis, the inflation rate will remain high into next year, because of what’s already happened. But I expect improvement by the second half of 2022,” she said.
Oct 25th 2021: www.marketplace.org...

QUESTION for those who have education or experience in ECONOMICS... When Inflation finally does "improve", does that mean it will REVERSE, or that it will STOP INCREASING so steeply?

I sincerely hope and pray that it will REVERSE, and prices will return close to what they were during the low-inflation Trump years.

Continuing to pay over $3.50 @ gallon for gas, when it was only $1.80 @ gallon just a year ago, would be rough on my business...and on most people in this country, since every product's price is sensitive in some way to oil/gasoline prices.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/12/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Inflation just the other day went up 10 % in the grocery stores nation wide here. McDonalds hambugers are 1.10 usd now. Inflation is happening around the world .
1 in 7 children now live in poverty in this country and it's getting worse by the month and prices are still rising. No end in sight.
edit on 0100000042132022-01-12T19:13:42-06:00134201pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
'Temporary'?
Like the barricades they are putting up around the White House??

twitter.com...

Gonna get real, real soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It's not temporary, they already said not to call it transitory.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Temporary yet they never give a dateline when it ends.
I expect something to go down in the rest of NA. That's all i know. Get your supplies while you can.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Inflation just the other day went up 10 % in the grocery stores nation wide here. McDonalds hambugers are 1.10 usd now. Inflation is happening around the world .
1 in 7 children now live in poverty in this country and it's getting worse by the month and prices are still rising. No end in sight.

Everything here is getting smaller as the prices rise. Ice Cream is no longer a quart. It's some weird 2.28 litre size, and the price is 20% higher. It's a death spiral!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Inflation jumped at its fastest pace in nearly 40 years last month

There is a whole generation of people that think that these low interest rates were going to last forever.
They are in for a rude awakening.

On the plus side, there are some good things about high inflation... Good for savers. Good for people that have stocked up. Good for people that have commodities to sell. I highly suggest people read everything about the 1970's and maybe even back to the great depression. Just as many lost the shirt off their backs, there were people that started fortunes that still survive to this day...

On another side note. I think during down times there is always an opportunity to make money. You just have to decide if it is worth doing it to the demise of others. I personally won't.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Print several trillion here, print several trillion there, before you know it you’re talking real money!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
'Temporary'?

twitter.com...

Holy smokes! What is Biden about to do to us, to make him so paranoid? I hear he put up a high fence around his Delaware home too. So did Nancy Pelosi.

I hope they realize that NO amount of protection can save them from angry/determined Americans.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's not temporary, they already said not to call it transitory.

That sucks! Will it be easier to turn inflation around and reverse it? Or level it off and keep incomes rising?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Temporary yet they never give a dateline when it ends.
I expect something to go down in the rest of NA. That's all i know. Get your supplies while you can.

Our horrible President was wishing on us all types of suffering when he said we'd have a hellish Winter, wasn't he.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Will it be easier to turn inflation around and reverse it?

No. I think we are going to be stuck here for a while. I think many of us knew prices and interest rates were too low for too long to begin with.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

ATS members here have been say that fir 2 years. It just doesn't look very good this year with all the natural disasters. Govt. has only so much of a safty net, sadly much of it is being used now to feed the 3 million or more illegals in the country. Yes stock up on can food, fishing gear and find a place to find potable water. But hurry, May is just around the corner. WHouse. is building something around i this was planned months ago.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes...I do remember when our company was guaranteeing 12% annual interest on annuities, and getting my first home at 9% interest though the Veterans Administration loan program was an incredible deal.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Will it be easier to turn inflation around and reverse it?

No. I think we are going to be stuck here for a while. I think many of us knew prices and interest rates were too low for too long to begin with.

Then I guess the GAP between HAVE and HAVE-NOTS will continue to widen, unless Biden's big Social programs are implemented.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Then I guess the GAP between HAVE and HAVE-NOTS will continue to widen, unless Biden's big Social programs are implemented.

I've always believed the desired result from tptb was to eliminate as much of the middle class as possible.
A strong middle class is scary to the top. Poor hungry people are easily controlled.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Planned shortages due to planned dock ship unloading and keep the boats a hundred miles offshore !!!

Slow the trucks down to a crawl too !!!

Create worker shortages to help stop the stores from operating !!!

Turn off the oil valves !!!

All clever 🤣🤣 It's ALL rigged 🥳

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
'Temporary'?

twitter.com...

They're setting up another false flag for Campaigns !!!!💱

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sadly is not over and is not temporarily, the democrats wanted to get favors with low income families and push for the 15 dollars an hour minimum wages, while it sounded like a great deal it is not, for people that do not know how to add two and two it sounds good, but those that knows what this mean they know that that 15 dollars an hours mean pennies on the dollar.

Soo are people enjoying their 15 dollars and hour?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What is Biden about to do to us, to make him so paranoid?

Cross the $30 trillion Federal debt mark, with the resulting inflationary fallout.

Voters are going to be very unamused for the midterms.
edit on 12-1-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join