It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Gaetz's ex-girlfriend testifies to grand jury in sex trafficking probe

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

She already testified against Greenberg and has continued working with investigators. So there's no reason not to expect her to testify.

Ok cool, so what is the hold up? I would think if she testified they could bring charges like the next week, so we will see where it all goes.
edit on 18-1-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There was a 10 day gap between Greenberg's first indictment and his arrest. Based on the secretive nature of grand juries there's also no way to tell how long the grand jury was convened before an indictment was handed down.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Always good when nit picky petty people expose themselves when they demand other people do what they think is better 😁

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If Gaetz is guilty, so be it. Off to jail.

However, are we supposed to ignore Gaetz's claim that the sex trafficking allegations are part of an extortion scheme?

www.independent.co.uk...

Are we supposed to ignore that Stephen Alford (former Justice Department official) pleaded guilty to attempting to extort Gaetz's wealthy father for $25,000,000 in exchange for Matt's pardon for sex trafficking?

www.politico.com...

It seems to me maybe these sex trafficking allegations are a complete fabrication so that $25M could be extorted from him and his family, and they (well one of them) got caught. Now they are just dragging him through the mud to smear him for political purposes.

Perhaps Gaetz was just an easy target for extortion because his associate was guilty of similar charges. "Guilt by association" would give their extortion scheme wings, just like it has here in this topic. I imagine these schemes happen more often than we realize. Yes, government and politics have become that level of corrupt.

It seems this case can go either way. That is why "innocent until proven guilty" is very important. Until Gaetz is convicted of the crimes we shouldn't ruin his career and life with accusations. Otherwise, all innocent people can be destroyed by accusations.

In fact, if Matt Gaetz's career (future income potential) is damaged by these accusations it is considered libel, and the OP and anyone contributing to the accusations without evidence, and before a conviction, could be legally responsible for damages.
edit on 18-1-2022 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1

However, are we supposed to ignore Gaetz's claim that the sex trafficking allegations are part of an extortion scheme?

No. You're supposed to let him prove this "extortion" scheme.

Are we supposed to ignore that Stephen Alford (former Justice Department official) pleaded guilty to attempting to extort Gaetz's wealthy father for $25,000,000 in exchange for Matt's pardon for sex trafficking?

As you've framed it? Yes. Stephen Alford was a real estate developer, not a former justice department official. Whats the point in focusing on a separate crime? How is it relevant to Gaetz's own allegations?

It seems to me maybe these sex trafficking allegations are a complete fabrication so that $25M could be extorted from him and his family, and they (well one of them) got caught. Now they are just dragging him through the mud to smear him for political purposes.

Grand juries dont convene based on hearsay.

Perhaps Gaetz was just an easy target for extortion because his associate was guilty of similar charges.

Or.......maybe he's guilty. That's the point, finding out.

In fact, if Matt Gaetz's career (future income potential) is damaged by these accusations it is considered libel, and the OP and anyone contributing to the accusations without evidence, and before a conviction, could be legally responsible for damages.

Where are the accusations of guilt? No one here is libelous....

edit on 18-1-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
No. You're supposed to let him prove this "extortion" scheme.

People are innocent until proven guilty. They don't have to prove their innocence.

The main character involved in the extortion scheme pleaded guilty. So where does that leave us? That proves the extortion story is legitimate right?

As you've framed it? Yes. Stephen Alford was a real estate developer, not a former justice department official.

Sorry, it was Stephen Alford's partner David McGee that is former Justice Department official.

www.justice.gov...

Please do tell me, who is "Person A" in the above document? Who is Alford's "team" that he mentions? Why do they have the confidence to contact Don Gaetz (former Senator) and claim they have influence over Department of Justice matters and Presidential pardons? I am really interested to hear you squirm your way out of those questions.

Whats the point in focusing on a separate crime? How is it relevant to Gaetz's own allegations?

They are interrelated crimes. Gaetz alleges the entire thing is an extortion attempt, and one of the persons involved pleaded guilty to it. Surely, people who claim they can stop a DOJ investigation can also start one, right?

I've seen most of their "evidence", and its weak. Even the DOJ knows their case is weak that is likely why they leaked cherry picked "facts" to the media about the ongoing investigation. If they can't destroy Gaetz in court, they will destroy him socially. People like you and the media play right into that like pawns. Then turn a blind eye to the weaponization of the DOJ.

Grand juries dont convene based on hearsay.

Yes, they do. Especially if the hearsay was fabricated by someone within the Department of Justice. They don't have any hesitation fabricating or falsifying evidence in order to start an investigation. Don't be naive.

Or.......maybe he's guilty. That's the point, finding out.

Or maybe you're oblivious to corruption. You will never find out. You will continue to be blind, willingly.

I agree though, let's find out.

Where are the accusations of guilt? No one here is libelous....

Xcalibur254 is obviously biased towards guilt, and just claimed Gaetz paid for sex. See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It doesn't matter where in the US Gaetz was. As soon as he paid a minor for sex he was breaking Child Sex Trafficking laws. The act of just paying her for sex comes with a sentence of 10 years to life.

There is no evidence he paid for sex. Gaetz is wealthy, and gifting friends money is not unusual. Sadly, framing it as sex trafficking for political reasons is not unusual either.

Like I said, if he is guilty send him to jail. But I think something much bigger is going on, and many of you are too amped up by political division to stop and see it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join