It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Andrew Fails to Get Law Suit Dismissed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Like others suggest through Vroomfondel the chances of him turning up in person to give evidence in a US court is pretty much slim and none.

Its not like extradition is on the cards where civil law suits are concerned.

But, if he does go to the US, the FBI might want to have a word with him.

You know, the FBI that he said he would fully cooperate with. Which he hasn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

They probably didn't ask nicely...

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So, he's being sued in the US over allegations of sex trafficking whatnot linked to Epstein And Ghastly Ghislaine scandal.

NY Judge has tossed his application to dismiss.

Where does he go now? No good options:

BBC News - Prince Andrew to face civil sex assault case after US ruling
www.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe you should represent him since you're such a big supporter?

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

How's Oldcarpy2 a "big supporter" of Prince Pedo?

Something else you seem to have gotten wrong per-chance?

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

So, he's being sued in the US over allegations of sex trafficking whatnot linked to Epstein And Ghastly Ghislaine scandal.

NY Judge has tossed his application to dismiss.

Where does he go now? No good options:

BBC News - Prince Andrew to face civil sex assault case after US ruling
www.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe you should represent him since you're such a big supporter?

Whaaat? I'm a big supporter?

Errrm. OK.

I guess you are missing the bit where I have done the exact opposite?

And all the rest of my posts where I have not exactly been very supportive of him?

What are you like?

Good grief.

You do realise that I started this thread, right?

edit on 14-1-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

They probably didn't ask nicely...

Well, they don't have to ask him as HRH any more.....

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The burden of proof is different.

Could you explain that?

Thanks in advance.

In a criminal suit the prosecution must meet or exceed the burden of proof, beyond a shadow of doubt, that the defendant is guilty. In a civil suit it is the plaintiff that must prove the defendant is guilty with a preponderance of evidence, which is considered a lower standard than 'beyond a shadow of doubt'. In purely conversational terms, its the difference between proving absolute guilt vs convincing the jury he probably did it. Criminal conviction often requires hard evidence whereas civil guilt is often just convincing testimony.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the explanation.

In Portugal we have only used a jury on a handful of cases (usually related to terrorism, if I'm not mistaken), and even in civil suits we only use a lower standard of evidence in special situations, in which the plaintiff is asking for like child custody or something like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It's not a criminal suit so no extradition.

The cited case also allegedly took place in The U.K.

True, but didn't the FBI want to interview him about the Epstein thing and his alleged connections thereto?

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree it is unlikely he will ever set foot in a US courtroom, unless his arrogance (or the Queen) get the best of him. In that case its most likely game over. Its not just the idea that he is guilty. Its not even the nature of the crime, sexual crimes against minors, which in my book in more than enough cause. Its that right now the public is dying for an eloi to sacrifice at the altar of social justice. They don't care who it is as long as its someone from the 1% who was previously viewed as untouchable.

On one hand I sincerely hope justice is meted out in draconian fashion for crimes of this nature. On the other hand the LAST thing I would want to do is empower the social justice butterfly network by giving them real teeth. One small taste of power like that would immediately corrupt a contingent already reeking of fealty, bereft of common sense, lacking ethical or moral construct, or intelligence of any discernable nature.

Where once I would never have imagined society allowing such a thing to exist I know now that it is in our future. It IS our future for declaring otherwise has been labeled dissent and qualifies the speaker as a terrorist. We have literally gone 'round the bend on this one...

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Queen is 95 years old, chances are she probably don't really know what day of the week it is.

As to his arrogance getting the better of him, he would need to be pretty darn arrogate not to listen to his legal advisors on a matter like this.

I hope they through the book at him Vroomfondel, but chance would be a fine thing indeed.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'm certain that if they could then they would throw the book at Andrew.
The fact that they haven't tell us many things....not least of all that there is no overwhelming evidence to support the claims, yet.

That they have proceeded with this Civil case suggests to me that there is certainly an element of truth in the story and that any further revelations would be even more damaging to Andrew.....and by extension his family.

She wants a big pay out.
She'll get it.

Andrew will fade away and live the rest of his life in pampered luxury away from the public eye....free to do whatever?

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I'm certain that if they could then they would throw the book at Andrew.
The fact that they haven't tell us many things....not least of all that there is no overwhelming evidence to support the claims, yet.

That they have proceeded with this Civil case suggests to me that there is certainly an element of truth in the story and that any further revelations would be even more damaging to Andrew.....and by extension his family.

She wants a big pay out.
She'll get it.

Andrew will fade away and live the rest of his life in pampered luxury away from the public eye....free to do whatever?

They might have thrown the book at him if he had cooperated with the FBI over questions about his involvement with Epstein And Ghastly Ghislaine. But he won't dare set foot in the US.

Wonder why?

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm sure Andrew was more than well acquainted with Epstein and Maxwell and enjoyed the 'services' they provided.
Does that make him a paedophile?
I'm not convinced.

Did he enjoy 'meeting' these teenage girls?
Obviously.
And you have to question his personal morals etc.

He seems to me to be a thoroughly repugnant individual completely wrapped up in his own world whereby everything is about him.

There seems to be little doubt he's sexually attracted to teenage girls....but underage teenage girls? I'm honestly not sure.

Does he think he's above the law?
Without a shadow of a doubt.

Should he answer all the questions that the FBI etc and even the general public have?
Definitely.

Will he?
I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Aye i think that just about covers it.

It also proves for some justice can be purchased.

What a shock.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I doubt he'll show up for this and he won't get extradited. It will likely be a default judgement so he doesn't have to testify in court as to what a child-raping scumbag he is in reality.

It's not a criminal suit so no extradition.

Tragic helicopter accident? Anyone?
Yeah rught. He’ll “disappear “ and chill with Epstein somewhere in some other island…

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join