It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study finds two compounds in cannabis completely stop Covid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Where I come from it is called "a theory"...

A theory is based in scientifically provable tests, you can't even provide dosage information.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Where I come from it is called "a theory"...

A theory is based in scientifically provable tests, you can't even provide dosage information.

Your telling me!

Do I ever? Of course, but it starts with a spark we call "a theory"... You do understand I can't start with hard data to support my new theory or don't you?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

That's not a theory, it's barely even a hypothesis.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We can call a theory a SWAG the acronym for Scientific wild ass guess. Many true things came to be after a SWAG. Someone had a really wild one when they dreamed up an atomic bomb and were convinced the reaction would not consume the whole Earth once it started. It took them years to build it and that was time well spent proving that the bomb would consume a finite amount of it's surroundings on detonation.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles but thos particular chemicals are gone when heated

That's why they sell edibles....

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

Stoners aren't stupid regarding this difference, either. There's more than one way to reap the benefits.
Never heard of CBD full spectrum, nor by the letter, have you?

Some of us already use CBD yums, so we've been eating our way fortified for some time now.

And I thought I was just controlling high blood pressure. Turns out that was also supercharging the Kill The Invaders response at the same time.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Anecdotal studies suggest that it has to be more or less than the following amount.

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
My son got covid and he smokes his tits off. Mild covid mind you.

edit on 12-1-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've read about Canna- acids having no biological effect. I kinda knew it's not true.(*altough I thought people juicing leaves were silly for not trusting science - me)
In terms of decarboxylation - most people dont do it properly. It's 30 minutes for THC and 60 minutes for CBD at 112 or 120°C if I remember. IMO it's easy to extract them into vegetable oil. A while back I was making a cold crude extract with organic solvent (not sure about the english name. The exact translation would be "medical gasoline". Not really just hexane) No decarb. And the black resin dissolved even faster in hemp seed oil.
Cannabigerol converts into other cannabinoids in later stages. It's a precursor. I guess if you want it you need to harvest early. I dont think there's a special strain high in CBG unlike CBD
edit on 12/1/2022 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
These two compounds don't make you high, THC does not seem to have any effect on this. These chemicals are in Hemp extracts at higher levels and also in medical marijuana strains that were designed to increase these two canibinoids for treatment of certain conditions.

It should be present in hemp oil pills and hemp extracts in high enough amounts to be active against this virus.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: joejack1949

Stoners aren't stupid regarding this difference, either. There's more than one way to reap the benefits.
Never heard of CBD full spectrum, nor by the letter, have you?

Some of us already use CBD yums, so we've been eating our way fortified for some time now.

And I thought I was just controlling high blood pressure. Turns out that was also supercharging the Kill The Invaders response at the same time.

CBD definitely helped me and my sister swears by them, she uses to have awful anxiety attacks. Like the kind where you don't want to get on a flight with her sometimes. But she has flown fine even during COVID stress because she has something that seems to work for her.

It's weird for me if ingest it may or may not work, but if it dissolves in my mouth like a gummy or sweet-tart, CDB and D8 both hit me in the sweet spot. As a former hopeless insomniac, there is something in there that's working and it's not cause I'm high, this relaxes and lets me sleep.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Well, I am good to go!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

And here I thought it was only my daily regime of vit C, vit D, zinc and potassium that has kept me covid free.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
this news designed for stupid human !

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I've been smoking the herb daily for about 10 years now and been ill once or twice in all that time. Many years of others tales of "oh I'm ill, went down with something nasty" and I'm there with my spliff like "well I've been fine".

I don't know. I'm sure I'll die of lung cancer though

edit on 13-1-2022 by markymint because: clarity

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Abstract from the report linked in your OP

As a complement to vaccines, small-molecule therapeutic agents are needed to treat or prevent infections by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) and its variants, which cause COVID-19. Affinity selection-mass spectrometry was used for the discovery of botanical ligands to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. Cannabinoid acids from hemp (Cannabis sativa) were found to be allosteric as well as orthosteric ligands with micromolar affinity for the spike protein. In follow-up virus neutralization assays, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid prevented infection of human epithelial cells by a pseudovirus expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and prevented entry of live SARS-CoV-2 into cells. Importantly, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid were equally effective against the SARS-CoV-2 alpha variant B.1.1.7 and the beta variant B.1.351. Orally bioavailable and with a long history of safe human use, these cannabinoids, isolated or in hemp extracts, have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2.

Sweet leaf to the rescue !
"Straight people don't know, what you're about
They put you down and shut you out
you gave to me a new belief
and soon the world will love you sweet leaf"
Sabbath.

No pun intended but this is just Cool! I prefer Indica but Sativa like Acapulco Gold was what we smoked in College. I believe in God and remember that he gave us medicinal plants for a reason. Great plan to have us be able to partake of our healing by eating or consuming in some way the products of the Earth.

2nd on Purple Fox.......

Wouldn't it be funny if that's how Jesus healed the sick, he was probably smoking it himself, that's probably why he thought he was the son.of God? I know bad joke, but since weed is a better painkiller, I wouldn't put it past the guy to give people the miracle plant and he was considered a healer...

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm not super familiar with CBD products, although my uncle has a farm and I understand that they extract oil by letting the plants go to seed, and then press the oil out of the seeds. Is that what you're talking about? I'm more familiar with the THC side of things

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

a team of scientists at the University of Oregon isolated two compounds from hemp – cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) – and found that they bind to the coronavirus’ spike protein and in turn prevent it from binding to the outer membrane of human cells.

CBGA and CBDA “are not controlled substances

these compounds “can be taken orally,” and “have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection” by the coronavirus.

Source
Journal article

Scientists in Oregon have discovered that two particular compounds in cannabis bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, effectively preventing it from binding to human cells and causing illness. As the article points out, one common criticism of the "vaccines" is that every time a new variant of the virus appears, it has the potential to have mutations that allow it to evade any protection otherwise offered by the vaccine. These compounds would seem to offer a significantly more effective method of protection.

How long do you think it will be until this research disappears and is never heard of again? We're talking about something here that could potentially threaten tens of billions of dollars of revenue for the big pharma Covid "vaccine" manufacturers.

So now we know why they tried to blame cannabis for those 105 FIFA players dropping dead from heart attacks in the past 6 months. (They later tried to switch it to energy drinks because nobody was buying their cause in that story. )

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 13 Jan 2022 11:10:50 -06002220221America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The past year I've been making homemade CBD and THC butters, the CBD butter gets spread on toast or put in warm cereal.

The trick I was shown is to use very low temps over a longer time to make the butter more effective. I also save the strained leaf and cook it into banana bread or muffins since cannabis is highly anti-parasitical and anti-inflammatory.

The product I'm making my CBD butter with today has CBDA and CBDB levels listed, I'll start looking for strains with higher levels of these from now on.

Stay healthy friends

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Cannabis > alcohol all day.

better for your mind, body and soul. It’s better for society. It’s better for everything - not the least of which is peace and removing natural human bravado.

Approached properly, cannabis is 100% medicine, recreation and more in one.

And it’s better than a booster and solves COVID.

Not shocked as an edible consumer who smokes zero pot but will eat it or ingest it - found myself again thanks to it expanding my mind.

I also have been exposed to the vid god knows how many times and over a dozen tests later remain negative.

Legalize it!

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Clarifying OSU Oregon State University is not University of Oregon, Eugene. OSU worked with OHSU BTW and Global Hemp Innovation Center based in Corvallis that started 6.2019 and has 50 employees working in19 disciplines.

Some ground breaking research on CBD had been done in Canada, Israel, Europe about a year ago indicating CBD can prevent, treat Covid helping to restore lung function.

But this may be new research, more research needed news reports say.

Vaping and smoking are NOT the correct usage however; lotions, tinctures, gummies, etc. may be the optimal protocols.

Products this research uncovered not on market yet.

Yet CBD of course is widely available.

However per some reports 75% of CBD tested did not contain the amount of CBD represented. Need more quality control! reply to: trollz

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join