It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian Checkmate fighter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If they can keep the price down to the advertised 25 Million versus the 100+ million for the F-35 then IMO they will have a winner. You have to wonder how much is truth versus propaganda in the video but... If the Checkmate can do all or most the video claims, then no wonder all the various countries are showing an interest. youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Lol it’s so much cheaper then it’s rival but is soooo much better…

Lighter mechanical jet engine intakes stealthier then a Boeing 747 #ing James Bond boinked a ninja aircraft.

I have my doubts.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Russian doctrine is to have manned fighters control drone wingmen and Checkmate no doubt has the ability to operate as an unmanned drone.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RIPMH370

Russian doctrine is to have manned fighters control drone wingmen and Checkmate no doubt has the ability to operate as an unmanned drone.

Yep the video says there will be unmanned Checkmate fighters as loyal Wingmen plus drones of the conventional or future type. If the Russians can pull this off then the the Chinese will either buy or steal the plans to make one themselves. Chinese engines have been crap for so long I expect them to start playing catch up with stolen or bought designs and materials.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: RIPMH370

Yep the video says there will be unmanned Checkmate fighters as loyal Wingmen plus drones of the conventional or future type. If the Russians can pull this off then the the Chinese will either buy or steal the plans to make one themselves. Chinese engines have been crap for so long I expect them to start playing catch up with stolen or bought designs and materials.

General Tso does not approve this message.

It took China till 1964 to make a nuclear bomb, hopefully their cheating and stealing skills have improved if they wanna rule the earth. Then again I’d rather have Chinese overlords then the Muslims I can’t stand them gawd dayum prayer towers 5 times a day.
edit on 12-1-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Very interesting video. I've read about the aircraft and on paper (the only place it currently exists) it sure sounds pretty amazing. But it looks more like a competitor to the F-35 than anything else. The F-35 had its first flight 15 years ago, and was in operations in 2016 (USAF F-35B). Having the F-35 out there surely cuts down on R&D costs, as things have knowingly leaked and the ability to see the aircraft perform (especially the F-35I) help.

Basically, this threat really isn't all that threatening right now.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Russia talks a lot on their new projects. I'll be more likely to believe in this when they actually get it flying.

FYI, there's more info on the checkmate in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

BVR missiles make this aircraft not on par with the F35, dog fights are a thing of the past.

if these fighters are shooting at each other where you can see the other person both aircraft has failed.

maybe the reason why the us isent saying anything is because russia hasnt gone head to head with F22's and F35's

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

Guns were a thing of the past in Vietnam.
edit on 1/17/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i know the F22 carries AIM-9X in its quick fold out side doors, and does has a 20MM cannon.

so who knows, i think if F22's are going into merges with MiG's or whatever there were mistakes made on the part of the F22.

with AMRAAM getting its upgrades unless there are just so many aircraft in the air where missiles are all gone that 20MM might come in handy

with larger bomber aircraft and cargo aircraft being turned into missile trucks maybe running out of long range or medium range missiles isn't a concern

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

Missiles aren’t nearly as great as Hollywood wants people to believe. At long ranges, the Pk is not that great. It’s better than it was, but it still isn’t that high. At medium ranges it’s a good bit higher, but it still isn’t great. During Desert Storm, there were 36 air to air kills, all at medium range, and only after the aircraft was positively identified as Iraqi. Each of those kills required multiple missiles being fired at the target.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The idea that the price is 1/3 of what it would be in the US is absolutely no surprise to me. Russia doesn't have democrats desperate to give their people's hard earned tax dollars to illegal aliens in exchange for votes. Not to mention the myriad of other stupid pork projects that siphon money off of virtually everything the government gets it hands on.

The only issues I would see forthcoming are the actual performance specs. Knowing how much Russia values the way it is perceived in the world view I would be very surprised to find that they are grossly overestimating the plane's performance. Now if this was like lil kimmy saying he played a single round of golf and hit 14 hole in one shots, yeah, maybe the performance specs are exaggerated. But this is Putin and he doesn't strike me as the "heres a line of bs you can easily refute and make me look like a fool" kind of person. Thats more of a brandon thing....

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There is a new Chinese paper analyzing the Su-75 'Checkmate.' The translated summary/conclusions:

Su75 has a bad pictn control.

Su75 has a suspicious range of a flight.

Su75 has a better stealth design than
Su57[0.1~1㎡ RCS],but it's still bad.[IRST alone provides 0.02㎡ RCS]

Su75 has a lower thrust for its take-off weight,even with lzdelie-30.It will make a lower thrust-to-weight ratio than F35.

Su75 has a bad lift-drag ratio in subsonic speed.

Su75 may only"Continuous Supersonic Flight",not "supersonic cruise".

Su75 may uses Su57's H036-1-01, this is a AESA which completely behind AN/APG-77 or AN/APG-81.This radar will have a lower detection distance than Irbis-E.[Interestingly, CAC also points out that although Irbis-E is called the strongest PESA, it can only be comparable to F14's AN/AWG-9 in many ways.]

Su75 is more capable in BVR or air-to-surface than Su57, because of its more stealth design.But it's not suitable for dogfight because of its lower thrust-to-weight.

Not sure I believe some of this, but it is definitely interesting. I'll upload some screenshots in the near future.

top topics

join