It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review of the Taurus TX22

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So Taurus came out with a new plinker. It's a full size pistol as far as .22lr's go. Feels good to hold, and really light.
I have a variety of ammo, the "carton" ammo is the cheap stuff that messes with the frail guns. Everything I put through this little guy went bang. Very fun to shoot.

So I had an extra Burris fast fire sight and found a mounting adaptor for it on ebay. I went ahead and mounted it and used a laser round to sight it in.
The weight of the sight seems to give it some trouble every now and then. partial ejections mostly. It's obvious that was the reason for the misloads. I think a lighter sight would work better on this weapon. I put a Sig Romeo zero sight on my Canik 9mm, and it was super light, and had the auto on off function. I think that one would be a better option for the weight issue. Or just leaving the sights alone.

This weapon can be had fairly cheap. I got mine from PSA for $299 and now they are $279. If you are looking for a good reliable plinker, this is a good choice (IMHO)

be safe and don't shoot your eye out.
edit on 11-1-2022 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

As well, I have a G3C, 9mm...kinda relatively same size.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I have a G2c and a G3c.

I've put over a thousand rounds between the two, mix of high and low and ammo.

I've never had a jam and the guns are fun to shoot. Whenever I go with buddies they give me hell but then say the trigger pull on those are their favorite out of the pistols on hand each time.

Great feature rich pistols at a fair price.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I was impressed with the trigger action on those as well. I have a shield plus I got rather than the Taurus, and love the trigger on that as well. But for the money, it's really hard to beat the Taurus. And like I said about the TX22, it's just fun to shoot, and came threaded barrel for the future suppressor.

My favorite is still the Ruger SR22. But plinking will always be fun regardless.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yea it's not an end all be all for sure. I'd rather have a lot of other polymer pistols.

But the taurus is great for the money if you want a piece in a vehicle or cabin or something like that. Reliable, good form factor, and if it gets stolen, it's not the end or the world other than the inconvenience of what is stolen and reporting it. Not like it's a $800 gun.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Triggers crazy smooth. I've a smaller Ruger EC9s...same trigger...easy small carry.
edit on 01222931America/ChicagoTue, 11 Jan 2022 23:40:29 -060040202200000029 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Eh, I wouldn't trust my life in the hands of a Taurus pistol. There's plenty of other affordable options like the Ruger EC9s or the Sig P365. To me, there's no sense even target shooting a .22 in place of a 9mm or larger.
edit on 1-13-2022 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
But the taurus is great for the money if you want a piece in a vehicle or cabin or something like that. Reliable...

Would you bet your life on its reliability?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
Eh, I wouldn't trust my life in the hands of a Taurus pistol. There's plenty of other affordable options like the Ruger EC9s or the Sig P365. To me, there's no sense even target shooting a .22 in place of a 9mm or larger.

A plinker is a .22lr that you can shoot cans with. It's not meant to be a daily carry weapon. A 9mm is the minimum caliber I would carry for a self defense weapon.

I feel very safe and confident that this Taurus handgun will protect me from any can that should happen by.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
But the taurus is great for the money if you want a piece in a vehicle or cabin or something like that. Reliable...

Would you bet your life on its reliability?

As I've said, I've shot about a thousand rounds with two pistols with zero jams or malfunctions... So yes.

I even shot some ditch ammo through them out of curiosity.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   

They are great guns. I used one for probably the 5th time tonight at my range, as I get free rentals with my membership. I have a ton of .22 LR so it's a cheap way to shoot.

I probably put about 75 rounds through it, 30-40 through my Ruger Wrangler, and 50 through my 642 in .38 special.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't know though, Shields are flawlessly reliable, rugged handguns. The plus' are a step up in price.

It's hard to beat an original Shield that costs as much as the Taurus' yet is higher quality.

top topics

join