It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. issues 'Do Not Travel' warning for Canada? Are vaccine Passports supposed to Help?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What is the point of getting a Vaccine/Green Passport if country's
politicians, travel ministers will just cancel flights because of a virus, variants?

Despite having vaccine passports and massive vaccinations?
U.S. issues 'Do Not Travel' warning for Canada

The CDC, which lists about 80 destinations worldwide at Level Four, also raised the island of Curacao to Level Four.

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Jan 11 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

so, considering that the US has a LOT MORE CASES then Canada, are they also saying that Americans should not travel to or in the US? to be fair, since the US still has the highest numbers in the world, they should really be telling Americans to pretty much GO ANYWHERE ELSE.

there are only ten countries (all rather small population countries), that have less active cases per million people, then in the US. seems kind of silly that a country (US) that has 57,775 active cases per million people, is telling their citizens not to travel to a country (Canada), that only has 10,559 active cases per million people (almost 6 times less per million people). or the US having 19,294,562 total active cases. compared to only 403,860 total active cases in Canada. which means the US has almost FIFTY TIMES the amount of active cases then in Canada. rather seems like Americans would be far safer in Canada, then in the US.
edit on Tue Jan 11 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Attempt to fix tags

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

You have Gibraltar being 100% vaxed they still have the highest of cases. I still see travels ads.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:55 AM
link   

What is the point of getting a Vaccine/Green Passport if country's politicians, travel ministers will just cancel flights because of a virus, variants?

I find it hard to sympathize. Just do what they say and things will get better. Remember, follow the science!

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

You have Gibraltar being 100% vaxed they still have the highest of cases. I still see travels ads.

not even the same thing. sure they are advertising to get people to go to Gibraltar, i imagine Canada, along with many others are as well. but that has nothing at all to do with your OP. nor does being vaccinated or not have anything to do with the travel advisory. since as everyone should know by now, the vaccine has never even been about stopping a person from getting covid (or from being able to pass covid to others), at all. it's just supposed to make people who are vaccinated less sick from it.

but this is about a country, which just happens to be one of the worst countries in the world with covid, telling their people not to travel to a country that is much better off than the US in regards to covid "for their safety".

and Gibraltar far from having " the highest of cases", ONLY has 42,612 active cases per million people, compared to the US with 57,775 active cases per million people. or a total of 1,435 active cases (tiny population, of only 33,676 people), compared to the US having 19,294,562 total active cases. so while not the best, still not as bad off as the US is.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

You missed my point on Gibraltar. The vax passports dont prevent anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i heard something about Quebec earlier and didn't like it. 'll see if i can find something about it.

this might be some of what i heard.

www.cbc.ca...

On Monday, Quebec reported 2,554 people in hospital (an increase of 118 from the previous day), including 248 in intensive care (a decrease of nine).
The province reported 10,573 new cases of COVID-19 and 26 new deaths.
Since the start of the pandemic, there have been 749,866 confirmed cases and 11,966 people have died.

edit on 11-1-2022 by sarahvital because: add

COVID-19 is pushing Quebec hospitals to highest alert level. Here's what that means...
edit on 11-1-2022 by sarahvital because: add

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

of course vax passports don't prevent anything other than the worst of the symptoms if you get it. since the vaccines were NEVER about stopping you from getting covid in the first place. all a vax passport (ie being vaccinated), means is that you are not as likely to be as big a drain on overloaded healthcare systems if you get it.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

It's just until we flatten the curve.

We can do this guys.

NYC has almost the population of Canada....this makes perfect science sense....

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

not even the same thing. sure they are advertising to get people to go to Gibraltar, i imagine Canada, along with many others are as well. but that has nothing at all to do with your OP. nor does being vaccinated or not have anything to do with the travel advisory. since as everyone should know by now, the vaccine has never even been about stopping a person from getting covid (or from being able to pass covid to others), at all. it's just supposed to make people who are vaccinated less sick from it.

but this is about a country, which just happens to be one of the worst countries in the world with covid, telling their people not to travel to a country that is much better off than the US in regards to covid "for their safety".

and Gibraltar far from having " the highest of cases", ONLY has 42,612 active cases per million people, compared to the US with 57,775 active cases per million people. or a total of 1,435 active cases (tiny population, of only 33,676 people), compared to the US having 19,294,562 total active cases. so while not the best, still not as bad off as the US is.

that bolded part is incorrect. The vaccine was sold to us as exactly what you say it wasn't. It took for everyone to realize that vaccinated people were still getting sick, and still passing the virus to others before the narrative migrated to it's current form. NOW the vaccine is said to possibly help with making the sickness less deadly, even though it doesn't seem to have any impact on the new variant.

I remember the leader of the US assuring us (in the quiet voice) that if you get the shot, you won't get covid, and you won't go to the hospital. Turns out, he was totally wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The problem here is that the media has been screaming about this for so long now that people who get infected immediately think they need to be in the hospital.
Common sense went out the window on day one.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

that bolded part is incorrect. The vaccine was sold to us as exactly what you say it wasn't. It took for everyone to realize that vaccinated people were still getting sick, and still passing the virus to others before the narrative migrated to it's current form. NOW the vaccine is said to possibly help with making the sickness less deadly, even though it doesn't seem to have any impact on the new variant.

actually you are incorrect. or more correctly may be partially correct only in countries like the US and Canada. but not by the WHO, media and governments in other countries. that is not in fact how the vaccine was sold. that was lies from politicians such as Biden and Trudeau, which was passed on by North American media. right from even before the vaccines became available, they were only supposed to help protect those vaccinated from the worst health effects if they caught the virus. even North American media had been reporting that at the time. in fact that only changed AFTER politicians in the US and Canada started to say things like once everyone was vaccinated that it would be over. as well as saying that once vaccinated people would no longer need to wear masks. that the vaccines would protect against the virus, and you would no longer need to wear a mask, is actually when the "narrative was changed". now the narrative in places like the US and Canada, has only changed back to the truth, in effect admitting that they were lying all along.

meanwhile in other countries the fact that the vaccines only protected the vaccinated from the worst effects of the virus, as well as people who were vaccinated still needed to wear a mask, is what they have been saying the entire time. in fact a great deal of effort was put in by the WHO and other governments, and their media to counter the lies being spread by countries like the US and Canada. in fact just after North America started to spread those lies, my facebook was inundated by posts from the WHO, government, and media telling everyone that those who were vaccinated still needed to wear their masks, and that even though vaccinated, you could still catch and pass covid onto others. to try to fight the lies from North America. since of course so many people read North American news sources which had started passing off the fake news from the lies being told by the North American politicians and governments, as the "truth".

I remember the leader of the US assuring us (in the quiet voice) that if you get the shot, you won't get covid, and you won't go to the hospital. Turns out, he was totally wrong.

i too remember those lies, and questioning them at the time, because that was completely against what we were being told about the vaccines at the time (including in North American media). as well as being told to "stop spreading lies", when commenting so on news articles, saying that the politicians were if not outright lying, were misunderstanding what the vaccines were supposed to do. but then again that is normal when going against mainly liberal/democrat politicians, main stream media and what they were saying. sad that even Republicans and conservatives also bought so fully into those lies. with everyone seeming to forget what we were being told before that had been said. but i guess "the big lie, told over and over becomes becomes the "truth"", is as true today as was in Nazi Germany, and Communist Russia.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The goal is to keep anti-vaxers at home, so they don't get COVID and clog up the ICU.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

that was the reality we lived. And if you said different, you were canceled. Say it on Twitter or Face#? account closed. So the validity of my statement seems to depend on where you reside.

Hell, I even heard rumors that other third world nations spoke of "natural immunity" or whatever the hell that is.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

The goal is to keep anti-vaxers at home, so they don't get COVID and clog up the ICU.

just saving beds for the triple vaxxed that are getting sick at a much higher rate.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's funny - up here our ICUs are more than 50% comprised of un-vaccinated people, even though they are younger, with less comorbidities, and represent less than 30% of the population.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
PLEASE REMAIN LOCKED IN YOUR HOMES
EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL
WEAR A MASK TO PROTECT OTHERS
SAFETY TRUMPS LIBERTY
DO NOT COME WITHIN 6 FEET OF ANYONE ELSE, PERIOD
THE GOV IS HERE TO HELP YOU

wish i was making this up

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

By what metric? The news propaganda show?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Raw data from Ontario hospitals

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Link please? a reply to: joejack1949

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join