It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On COVID vaccinations, Pope says health care is a 'moral obligation'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The only reason the pope said this is because somebody wrote him a big fat check.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bounder

Yep I agree with that, donations to the church are still in style, now a days the pope job is walk to his palace balcony smile and raise his hand to haven, people will drop in reverence just to watch that performance.

It was a time when the pope used to be a dictatorship, but those days are over.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Pretty sad when religion is the defendant of independent thought.
It used to be the opposite.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The Pope just screwed Catholics out of their religious exemption claims...FACT.

Did he?

If the Pope had said that his followers had a moral obligation to not take the drugs, would that qualify as a legal religious exemption?

If some other religious leader tells their followers that they shouldn't take the drugs, does that mean they can claim the religious exemption?

Is there a numeric threshold as to who qualifies as a religious leader? Do religious leaders living in foreign countries now dictate legal rights in the US?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Nice questions.
Too bad they will go unanswered.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

do u know what year it is genius 2022 after CHRIST imaginary is he i guess then so are u since ur living in a made up year then a
edit on 11-1-2022 by negedef because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Nice questions.

Of course, the real question is why do people need a legal exemption to not take drugs?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
They will probably just tell the government to F off. The pope as well. And probably everyone else who asks them to inject some crap.

Face it. The only way to get covid is contact with the media.

The best protection against covid is not to have a teevee.

reply to: MDDoxs

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Nice questions.

Of course, the real question is why do people need a legal exemption to not take drugs?

The government will tell you what you NEED, and you will like it.
Of couse, they exempted themselves conveniently.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If the Pope had said that his followers had a moral obligation to not take the drugs, would that qualify as a legal religious exemption?

Yes.

If some other religious leader tells their followers that they shouldn't take the drugs, does that mean they can claim the religious exemption?

The Amish, Mennonites, Christian Scientist and Scientologists all have religious doctrine that tells them not to take drugs, so theirs would be an unquestionable legal exemption.

Like I posted earlier, it's up to employers to determine if an employee's claim of religious exemption is accepted or not. So, it depends on that employer's own belief system what kind of exemptions they will or will not take. But taking them to court if denied, will presents problems if the religion claimed doesn't itself support the reason given for the exemption, like Catholicism.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So I guess that would also apply to the Ayatollah, the Dali Lama, whoever is in charge of those Christian snake handlers, and various witch doctors, shamans, houngans, mambos, cult leaders, etc.

If it's up to employers to determine what drugs employees must take, then what's to stop, say, the Dallas Cowboys from requiring steroids? The Army from requiring amphetamines? Microsoft from requiring birth control pills?

Do you really think it's a good idea to allow employers to require drug use for its employees? Do you see how that could end up badly?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You seem to think I support vaccine mandates. I don't.

The topic of this thread is the Pope's decree. It means Catholics can't use Catholicism to claim religious exemption.

I didn't write the law, I'm just posting it, through these directions and explanations linked.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (Title VII) requires employers with 15 or more employees to provide reasonable accommodations for employees' sincerely held religious beliefs or practices, unless it would cause an undue hardship. Guidance from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which enforces Title VII, provides that employers must try to accommodate employees who are unvaccinated due to a religious objection or medical condition. Many states and local jurisdictions have similar laws, some of which cover smaller employers.

By contrast, social, political, or economic views, as well as mere personal preferences, aren’t religious beliefs protected by Title VII. Employees may feel passionately about an issue without it being a religious belief. For instance, an employee who rejects vaccines because of anecdotes they read on social media or because they personally or philosophically don’t agree with vaccination wouldn’t generally be exercising a religious belief

Once you determine their religious belief is sincere, discuss with the employee possible accommodations.

For instance, perhaps an employee participated in your flu vaccine clinic in 2019 but is now objecting to the COVID-19 vaccine. You may want to follow up to determine whether there is an adequate explanation for the inconsistency, such as the employee’s religious beliefs changing over time.

And here's the kicker:

Once you determine their religious belief is sincere...

sbshrs.adpinfo.com...

No, I don't like it. I don't like vaccine mandate. I don't like that our health care is tied to employment. I don't like that employers can randomly drug test either.

However, the Pope just made it harder for Catholics who wanted to claim religious exemption.
edit on 11-1-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Get enough people together and pay the pope to say the vaccine is sinful. If you can beat pfizer's advertising $ CNN will say the vax is bad. Donate enough to Joe and the mandate goes away. The whole damn thing is a big money making BS scam. The vaccines may not work, but the money is as green as ever.
Well, I guess it doesn't buy as much as it used to, so you better get the shot/booster/or test, since they all make $$$ for Joe.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No, I don't like it. I don't like vaccine mandate. I don't like that our health care is tied to employment. I don't like that employers can randomly drug test either.

However, the Pope just made it harder for Catholics who wanted to claim religious exemption.

Please forgive my misconceptions about your beliefs on mandatory vaccines. You know how it is. Sometimes what you think you read isn't what the person thought they wrote, if you know what I mean. I sincerely apologize.

But I will disagree with you about the Pope and Catholic issue.

I was a Methodist for most of my youth and into my adulthood. But, the more I learned about the universe, the less I believed any major religion could possibly have the correct concept of a God of the Universe. How could we? If we don't understand the universe, how could we understand a God that created it? Or what this God wants from us? Or why this God wants anything?

So my belief system evolved over the years. I don't want to get into a long post about that. Suffice to say I consider myself a religion of one, based on my experiences and what I have learned. I think everyone on Earth can say the same thing. When I was a Methodist, I thought my pastor was a great man. If everyone on Earth was like him, we'd be living in a utopia. But I didn't agree with him 100% on everything.

I would think Catholics should have the same privilege. Just because the Pope says something doesn't mean every Catholic has to agree with him. He is just as human as the rest of us. And it can be hard to take what the Catholic Church says as gospel, so to speak, when it goes directly against what the Bible says. Usury, which is loaning money at interest, was a sin. Somewhere along the way, the Church said it was OK. "Thou Shalt Not Kill", unless it was in a war that the Church approved. There are more examples.

My point is that if I were a member of a particular religious order, I would not feel obligated to align my beliefs 100% to anyone else in that religion, no matter their status. If some Catholic or a member of some other religion says that their beliefs prohibit them from taking the drugs, who am I to argue? If they truly believe it, fine by me, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

But, as I said, why should anyone need any type of legal exemption? A simple, "No thank you, I don't want your drugs" should be more than enough. When did this country get to the point where you needed a legal excuse not to take drugs?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

ok show me EXACTLY WHERE the "religious exemption" for catholics REQUIRES the pope blessing, permission, interpretation or him "asking God"

where EXACTLY does it say ANY RELIGIOUS LEADER (iam, rabbi , ect) has ANY input what so ever.

now show where the religon has to be a "main stream one" , official, recognized by (pick government entity), particular sect, ect.

now show where the person MUST FOLLOW ALL EDICTS/teaching/ect of their claimed religion

hell were does it say they must specifically identify which religion they practice?

taking all of this in the constitution states "FREEDOM TO PRACTICE ONES RELIGION" with no restrictions (except some VERY SPECIFIC LIMITED ONES LIKE HUMAN SACRIFICE AND INVOLVING MINORS) or having to follow a specific one.

so the whole claim of the pope has ANY AUTHORITY on if an "exemption" on vaccines applies or not is not based in fact.

psst telling the lie over and over will not make it the truth

scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join