It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Trying to Change Hockey For Diversity Woke Points?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

I think the Bruins are majority USA players and then you have the Oilers who have like 5 guys who aren't Canuckleheads.

Hell, Russia and Finland aren't even that heavily represented in the NHL anymore. 80% of the league is from Canada, the USA, and Sweden. 95% if you add Russia, Finland, and the Czechs (who historically also gave the NHL their best female player: Jaromir Jagr).

Ya many Russians just stay to play in the KHL these days, the pay isn't quite as good as the NHL but it's up there. Russian goaltending is taking over right now, lots of great young Russian goalies and some of the best players in the NHL are Russian, like I mentioned Tampas two best players are Russian. I'm Russian/Canadian so I got a lot of favorite Russian players

All of the best Russian players are playing in the NHL. They don’t just “decide” to stay in the KHL. Getting to the Show is every hockey players dream, including international players.

Your point about Russian goaltending becoming elite in the league is about the only accurate statement you’ve made. It makes sense because only those psychopathic Russians wouldn’t mind standing in front of a piece of frozen rubber blistering towards them at 85+ MPH.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Go watch Slap Shot ...it'll do you some good.

p.s.
By the original rules of basketball slam-dunking is illegal.

link   
Double Post. My god, I suck at using this site.
edit on 10-1-2022 by LetTheColdCome because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post
edit on 10-1-2022 by LetTheColdCome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Avs fan here, Russia has a looooooooong way to go before they replace Quebec as the top goalie factory in my mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

How many members of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are from Florida?
How many members of the New Orleans Saints are from Louisiana?

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
Go watch Slap Shot ...it'll do you some good.

p.s.
By the original rules of basketball slam-dunking is illegal.

“I’M LISTENING TO THE #ING SONG!”

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Found it really odd, when last fall : the provincial Gubmint™ ordered a committee, to figure-out how to get more kids into Hockey™.

The cost has always been a barrier to lower-income families.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: lordcomac

Were you this pearl-cluchy the last time they won? Or the time before that? They've won it three times, which do you have a problem with, or us it just all for whatever lame-ass reason?

I bet you whined when Manon Rheaume goaltended, too

I love it when the chicks dig sports. My wife does to a point. She doesn't know Hockey like you do. Being a former Nashville kid, I am a Predator fan. We had minor league Hockey when I lived in Nashville as a kid and could get tickets right on the glass cheap and I learned to love Hockey.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

How many members of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are from Florida?
How many members of the New Orleans Saints are from Louisiana?

Not many and those two states put out a lot of NFL talent.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LetTheColdCome

Isn't it just good diplomacy; When people away or at home, enjoy eachothers national anthem with respect?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I want to say are they those who are pushing this stuff into sports trying to suggest that hockey is to white? to European?

Isn't strange how they stopped suggesting that basketball was to white or had to many white players after a few years? but this whole argument on the woke side doesn't help their narrative.

Russia cant play hockey on ice hockey because Russians have to many Russian players?

edit on 11-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join