It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tells Putin to choose confrontation or dialogue over Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

If Russia falls to NATO, EU consumes other European China knows they will be next to be taken care not before minor civil wars in the near by regions.

This is why the relationship with Russia had being formed as well. EU is growing as an empire no longer as an union.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Police action is a nice way of saying how the American empire uses warfare to maintain and gain power.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
During the Obama years the boogieman was N. Korea; now, it's Russia. It amazes me how many Americans still think the US is a force to be reckoned with, after decades of military defunding and removing patriotic leaders, to replace them with impotent 'yes' men wanting fame and glory.

Here is the list of our military elite who have been purged or fired under Obama:
Commanding Generals fired:

rense.com...
www.investors.com... fficers-purged-by-obama/

Civil-military relations in the United States are in a serious state of disrepair, driven in profound measure by presidential politicization of the military and the military’s attendant willingness to let itself be politicized.

taskandpurpose.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">taskandpurpose.com...[/u rl]

China already pretty much owns the US; most of our goods, and over 80% of the ingredients for all medication comes from China. This should cause a few sleepless nights, but that doesn't seem to be the case:

America's war machine runs on advanced electronics, most of which are made abroad. Ninety percent of the world's printed circuit boards are manufactured in Asia, and more than half in China.

[url=http://nationalinterest.org...]https://nationalinterest.org/b log/the-buzz/the-us-militarys-greatest-weakness-china-builds-huge-chunk-25966
We've definitely got the fox watching the hen house here! Biden keeps shooting off his mouth, with absolutely no power to back it up; Putin but be laughing hysterically with each new Biden threat. China has spent decades working behind the scenes to become the new world power/bully, and greedy US players have handed them the keys to the kingdom. Of course China would back Russia in a US confrontation! They'd love to squash the US like a bug, and Russia poses no threat to them.
This really is a checkmate situation, and the bloviating tough guy attitude coming from the Whitehouse is the greatest danger we face. Biden seems to think his presidency will be remembered as the greatest ever- and it no doubt will be- as the Greatest Presidential Failure Ever.

TextUkraine celebrated its Day of the Armed Forces holiday Monday with a showy display of American armored vehicles and weapons in an attempt to flex its power as tensions escalate with neighboring Russia.

nypost.com... -weapons-amid-russia-attack-fears/

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Aren't Russia's main naval stations in the Ukraine?

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes,Crimea and mostly near bay in Ukraine why you think they want the Russians out of Crimea and some NATO/EU/US officials pretend to act that Crimea is a different nation or ethnic within Ukraine?

"We are all Ukrainian"

These same officials had written assess why Syria's Russia base need to be taken out in the past.
edit on 10-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

290th anniversary of the Pacific Fleet (May 21, 2021)
[headquarters in the city of Vladivostok]

Day of the Northern Fleet (June 1, 2021)
[headquarters in the city of Severomorsk]

Day of the Baltic Fleet (May 18, 2021)
[headquarters in the city of Kaliningrad]

Day of the Caspian Flotilla (November 15, 2020)
[headquarters in the city of Astrakhan]

Day of the Black Sea Fleet (May 13, 2021)
[headquarters in the city of Sevastopol]

edit on 1 10 2022 by turretless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Now you have an American admin that of Biden admin telling the Russians to either choose confrontation or dialogue over Ukraine? last time i saw Ukraine doesn't belong to EU, NATO nor America.

Biden is right but the dialogue needs to be listened to and acted upon , on both sides.
As I understand it Putin wants assurances that Ukraine won't be invited to become a member of NATO as that would put NATO at Russia's door step , I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

The United States is a super power and as such is the only country with the military might to be able to make demands of Russia , you are the leaders of the free world and it's your place to keep Dictators like Putin in their box.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Putin choose's confrontation!
Thank you USA!
for teling him to choose That.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You mean that same Biden has a hard time keeping up with its own economy?

I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

Than nothing changes. You have no problems when western officials than challenge Belarus the only regional ally and only nation that hosts Russian military troops.

Its clear to what end goal they want out of Russia that isn't a dialogue with the Russians whatever its Putin in office. They want Russia to be left isolated.

I had being following the conflict in the middle east and Eastern Europe for some sevearl years now i had taken several notes.

The language tone of some officials its clear. They believe that Russia is getting ready to invade is based off anonymous sources.

The same anonymous sources which were so wrong on Syria.

The United States is a super power and as such is the only country with the military might to be able to make demands of Russia
haha you are still going with that? have you seen what is happening in your own country? look at the western countries.

Pushing Gender studies, wokeness, Critical Race Theory.

United States is a super power and as such is the only country with the military might

You claim that that United States is a super power and as such is the only country with the military might!? and yet just recently lost to a bare foot militants to the taliban in Afghanistan.

What happened to America's might military bombing? using its apparent might against taliban for the past 20 years? if you couldn't beat a guerrilla group like the taliban in Afghanistan.

What are the points of threats or threatening the Russians? when the Russians are allied with China?

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Libya was over fast, Iraq was over fast the rest was attempting to use military force to police civilians of which allied forces had varying success. I'll leave out the relative cluster# that was the leaving of Afghanistan because I could happily fill threads about the failings and how things needn't have worked out the way they did. I'll just say the Taliban won no fights where their was allied backing.

Whether the west's humanity is a veil or not isn't the topic of the thread although it's most definitely worth noting that it's not in our wishes to bomb civilians indiscriminately and shooting dissidents dead certainly isn't within our remit whether it be at home or abroad.

Can you say the same for Russia or it's allies?

Tongue in cheek here but I fear Russian conventional forces will be as much risk to themselves as they would be to an allied western force. Going by Russian wins of recent history I'd say you haven't got much to brag about at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Its NATO/US/EU that are pushing Russians further with China, i dont see this alliance breaking any time soon. If anyone is looking for a confrontation that would be NATO/US/EU.

Russia and China are eyeing and are noticing this cultural war happening on sevearl Western Countries. Just last year ago Putin made a statement its funny how many news media outlets in some other countries decided to ignore it.

You have Russians, Chinese who are aware of this cultural war and other nonsense happening in western countries and they are taking noticed.

US decided to pull a regime change on Libya how did it went for the "super power"? Libya is a giant mess and the super power has left it that way since the intervention.

While allowing a human trafficking rings to take over in some areas of Libya. Current Libyan authorities have no power at all to handle it.

Yet they are threatening Russians because of Ukraine. Because they want another Georgia.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Police action is a nice way of saying how the American empire uses warfare to maintain and gain power.

Maybe.

I wouldn't discount the hard honest work 1000's did over there, their was a lot of humanitarian accomplishments, from soldiers. Living and dead.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

They believe that Russia is getting ready to invade is based off anonymous sources.

No , the evidence is the 100,000 + Russian troops and armour sat at the border observed through satellite images.

You claim that that United States is a super power and as such is the only country with the military might!? and yet just recently lost to a bare foot militants to the taliban in Afghanistan.

It's a fact not a claim and Russian forces lost to the same "bare foot militants" so what does that tell you.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Going by Russian wins of recent history I'd say you haven't got much to brag about at all.

I could say the same for NATO/US any recent wins of recent history for US/NATO? the Balkan wars dont count. As that hellhole could erupt all over again.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ah yes satellite images just like how those satellite images had shown that Saddam had WMDs in Iraq correct?

Its because of the satellite images the NATO/US decided to bomb through in Iraq. Once the US came into Iraq there were no WMDs no stockpiles compared to the alleged the satellite images.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Russian forces lost to the same "bare foot militants" so what does that tell you.
You mean to the same forces which your goverment had funded and armed agaisnt the Russian in Afghanistan in the first place?

Looks like the same is happening in Syria. You know where most of the Jihadists that US/NATO had funded are going to go? Afghanistan.

All this anti Russian towards Putin isnt towards Putin its all about controlling Eastern Europe not freedom or democracy.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You claim something that Russia has a dictator/tyrant and Putin is one. You know what? US/NATO have no problems working the Saudis regime agaisnt the Yemeni people.

The Yemeni people had suffered greatly because of NATO/US' alliance with the Saudi regime.

US had no problem when Boris Yeltsin was in charge of Russia was that because Boris Yeltsin regime in Russia, made Russia weak globally and would let America's govt do whatever it wanted in other countries unchecked?

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The first gulf war where US forces absolutely obliterated the very best Russia had to sell or there's the second gulf war which was an absolute slaughter to anyone who resisted... There was very little resistance not that it would've mattered much.

As soon as the UN resolution was passed that enabled UN member states to act offensively in Libya in the defence of civilians (yes I follow the news too) then that quickly turned into a one sided fight too, reflected by the instant advances of the rebels at the time.

If you want to go by things in the known then go by Turkish capabilities to shoot down Russian jets, that's the closest you'll get to a recent conflict between 'western' and 'eastern' forces and how did that pan out? I'm not going to do the work for you to see how Turkey isn't a western equivalent on paper. The information is relatively public knowledge.

How's FARC doing anyways? Again we try not to indiscriminately kill in the West not that such tactics worked for the Soviets in Afghanistan anyways ya know? Apples and oranges fella.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

History doesn't change does it now?
In Syria, militias armed by the Pentagon fight those armed by the CIA

NATO/US had no issues funding other Jihadist rebel groups in Syria. Than call them "Moderate Rebels"

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The first gulf war where US forces absolutely obliterated the very best Russia had to sell or there's the second gulf war which was an absolute slaughter to anyone who resisted

Its comical how you are bringing up the first gulf and second without knowing that Iraqis went through sanctions. The sanctions had negative impacts on Saddam's ability to buy new military equipment from whichever country whatever it be china or Russia.

The second gulf war was an easy for US because of the harsh sanctions. Saddam wasn't an ally to Russia heavily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join