It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tells Putin to choose confrontation or dialogue over Ukraine

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

30.05.2022 (10:00)

The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

High-precision air-based missiles have hit 2 command and control posts of AFU battalions, 1 communications centre, as well as 34 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

Operational-tactical and army aviation have hit 3 strong points and 67 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 320 nationalists and 47 weapons and military equipment.

Russian air defence means have shot down 15 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Severodonetsk, Novochervonoe, Vasilevka of the Lugansk People's Republic, Panteleimonovka, Grigorovka, Krasnovka, Nevelskoe of the Donetsk People's Republic, Petrapolie, Petrovskoe, Glinskoe of Kharkov Region, Chornobaevka and Aleksandrovka of Kherson Region.

In addition, 9 Ukrainian Smerch multiple-launch rockets have been intercepted near Malaya Kamyshevakha, Kamenka, Brazhkovka, Glinskoe in Kharkov Region and Chernobaevka in Kherson Region.

Missile troops and artillery have hit 62 command posts, including those of Operational Command South near Novy Bug, Nikolaev Region, as well as 593 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration and 55 artillery and mortar batteries at firing positions.

4 BM-21 Grad multiple-launch rocket launchers, 46 Ukrainian weapons and military equipment, as well as 1 ammunition depot near Novomikhailovka, Donetsk People's Republic, have been destroyed.

In addition, more than 15 Ukrainian tanks and infantry fighting vehicles and 5 large-calibre artillery mounts have been destroyed as a result of artillery strike on a hangar on the territory of Okean shipyard in Nikolaev city.

In total, 183 Ukrainian aircraft and 128 helicopters, 1,064 unmanned aerial vehicles, 325 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,323 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 451 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,731 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,294 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Ummm ai they destroyed almost half the number of tanks that the US has in all of its military???

I'm calling bullshido on this report
edit on 5/30/2022 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Ummm ai they destroyed almost half the tanks that the US has in all of its military???

I'm calling bullshido on this report

I think that's bragging about how many T72s they destroyed (which is a lot less hilarious than the first way I read that).

Just about anything Western can destroy T72s, we once destroyed over 3500 of them in a few hours while barely trying, and that was 30 years ago.

Meanwhile, no T72 has ever penetrated a single M1.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You have every right not to believe these briefings and not to read them.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Are you actually complaining that someone read what you posted?

I don't think I've ever seen that done before.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

That's exactly what I was thinking

I can't get inside the mind of people who never want you to question anything they post

My skepticism was that Ukraine even had that many tanks being such a small country

Just looking at the list Russia claims to have destroyed throws up all sorts of red flags

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

That's exactly what I was thinking

I can't get inside the mind of people who never want you to question anything they post

My skepticism was that Ukraine even had that many tanks being such a small country

Just looking at the list Russia claims to have destroyed throws up all sorts of red flags

Yeah, it's gotta be pretty tough to be a dedicated russian invasion supporter right now, I can almost smell the fear and desperation from here.

Not so much desperation to get anyone else to believe russia's nonsense anymore, more fear that they'll soon have to consider that things might really be THAT bad for russia.

I'm actually trying to soften my tactics a bit since the russian propaganda doesn't really pose a threat anymore, and I never like bashing anyone unnecessarily.

That doesn't mean it's free pass time though.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The T-72 main battle tank is another Soviet-built main battle tank. Kyiv operates an impressive 3,600 T-72s, including the variants T-72UA1, the T-72B1, the T-72AV and the T-72A.

Link

It mentions the T64 and other things in that link, published 2nd February.

Those losses seem absurd, aircraft losses could potentially be true yet from what I gathered their airforce is historically underfunded, suffered heavy losses earlier on and were never given roles that could be deemed as necessary early on.

I haven't really followed the last couple of months that said I highly doubt the west has covered upto 90% of supposed Ukrainian losses, which is pretty much what that Russian MoD report claims.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Exactly!!! Its like they didn't even stop to fins out how much equipment they had and just made up numbers

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

31.05.2022 (11:30)

During an inspection of the Azovstal plant underground facilities in Mariupol, where the surrendered Nazis of the Ukrainian Azov formation were hiding, Russian servicemen found an isothermal van.

152 bodies of dead fighters and servicemen of the AFU were stored in the van with the broken cooling system.

I recall that before surrendering, the Azov command publicly appealed to Zelensky to take the bodies of the dead so that their families could bury them on Kiev-controlled territory.

However, there were no requests from Kiev to receive the bodies of the dead from the Azovstal plant.

Moreover, during the inspection of the van, Russian sappers found four mines under the bodies of the dead Ukrainian soldiers. The total mass of explosives in them was enough to destroy all the bodies left in the van.

Based on interviews with captured Azov fighters, it has been established that the mining of the bodies was carried out on direct orders from Kiev.

The purpose of the provocation is to accuse Russia of deliberately destroying the bodies and preventing their removal for transfer to relatives in order to save the political "reputation" of the Kiev regime and Zelensky personally.

In the near future, the Russian side plans to hand over the bodies of Ukrainian fighters and servicemen found on the territory of Azovstal plant to representatives of Ukraine.

The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

During the day, high-precision air-based missiles have hit 4 control points, as well as 13 areas of concentration of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment.

Operational-tactical, army and unmanned aviation have hit 3 command posts, 69 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration, 1 radar station and 2 ammunition depots of the AFU near Raigorodok and Nikolaevka, Donetsk People's Republic.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 290 nationalists and 23 weapons and military equipment.

1 Su-25 aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force has been shot down near Kobzatsy, Nikolaev Region.

Russian air defense means have shot down 6 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Donetsk, Makeevka in Donetsk People's Republic, Popasnaya in Lugansk People's Republic, Liptsy, Bolshie Prokhody in Kharkov Region, including 1 UAV have been shot down near Snake Island.

Missile troops and artillery have hit 38 command posts, 417 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration, and 46 firing positions of artillery and mortar batteries.

36 pieces of weapons and military equipment nave been destroyed, including 1 Ukrainian Uragan multiple-launch rocket system battery, 1 Grad multiple-launch rocket system battery, 2 ammunition depots, and 1 fuel depot.

In total, 184 Ukrainian aircraft and 128 helicopters, 1,070 unmanned aerial vehicles, 325 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,342 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 454 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,738 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,311 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   

01.06.2022 (11:40)

High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces have hit 5 control points, as well as 29 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

Operational-tactical, army and unmanned aviation have hit 61 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 140 nationalists, as well as 9 tanks and infantry fighting vehicles, 1 battery of BM-21 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 6 artillery mounts and mortars, 13 AFU vehicles of various purposes and 1 OSA-AKM anti-aircraft missile system.

Russian air defense means have shot down 1 Su-25 aircraft of the Air Forces of Ukraine near Sergeevka, Donetsk People's Republic and 1 Mi-8 helicopter near Kharkov during the day.

In addition, 7 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles have been shot down near Gorlovka, Golmovskyi, Yasinovataya, Varvarovka in Donetsk People's Republic, Malye Prokhody, Novaya Gnilitsa in Kharkov Region, and Pyatikhatka in Kherson Region.

Also 2 Ukrainian Smerch multiple-launch rockets have been intercepted near Malaya Kamyshevakha and Kamenka in Kharkov Region.

Missile troops and artillery have hit 128 command posts, 169 firing positions of artillery and mortar batteries, as well as 623 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of up to 200 nationalists, as well as 24 units of weapons and military equipment, including 1 battery of 155-mm M777 howitzers, 203-mm 2S7 Pion mount, BM-21 Grad multiple rocket launcher and 2 ammunition depots.

In total, 185 Ukrainian aircraft and 129 helicopters, 1,077 unmanned aerial vehicles, 326 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,363 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 457 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,744 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,329 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

If we compare this with the data that were announced by the representative of the Russian Ministry of Defense, then we will end up with - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of the 2,416 tanks and other armored fighting vehicles that were in combat on February 24, 1,587 units were destroyed; 636 units out of 1,509 field artillery guns and mortars; 163 out of 535 MLRS; 112 out of 152 aircraft, 75 out of 149 helicopters; 36 Bayraktar TB2 UAVs - 35; 180 out of 148 S-300 and Buk M1 air defence systems; 300 out of 117 radars for various purposes.

tanks and other armored combat vehicles: 2,416-3,363= -947

aircraft: 152-185= -33

helicopters: 149-129=20

field artillery and mortars: 1,509-1,744= -235

multiple launch rocket systems: 535-457=78

unmanned aerial vehicles: ?-1,077=?

anti-aircraft missile systems: ?-326=?

units of special military vehicles: ?-3,329=?

Radar for various purposes: 300-(not less than 117)=(no more than 183)

The data as of April 30, 2022 was as follows - www.abovetopsecret.com...

tanks and other armored combat vehicles: 2,416-2,678= -262

aircraft: 152-143=9

helicopters: 149-112=37

field artillery and mortars: 1,509-1,196=313

multiple launch rocket systems: 535-308=227

unmanned aerial vehicles: ?-660=?

anti-aircraft missile systems: ?-279=?

units of special military vehicles: ?-2,503=?

Radar for various purposes: 300-(not less than 117)=(no more than 183)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   

02.06.2022 (12:00)

High-precision air-based missiles have hit 21 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration, including command posts of the Ukrainian Nazi formations Kraken and Azov near Kharkov.

Operational-tactical, army and unmanned aviation have hit 15 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration. Ammunition and fuel depots of the Ukrainian Armed Forces near Dolina and Slavyansk, Donetsk People's Republic have been destroyed.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of up to 240 nationalists and up to 39 weapons and military equipment, including 1 Osa-AKM anti-aircraft missile system, 10 tanks and infantry fighting vehicles, 3 BM-21 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 7 artillery mounts and mortars, and 17 special vehicles.

Fighter aviation have shot down 1 Su-25 aircraft of the Ukrainian air force near Lubomirovka, Nikolaev Region.

Russian air defence means have hit 7 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Odessa, Kamyshevakha, Popasnaya, Zolotoe, Kudryashovka in Lugansk People's Republic, Yarovaya in Kharkov Region, as well as Verkhnetoretskoe in Donetsk People's Republic overnight.

Missile troops and artillery have hit 131 command posts, 146 artillery and mortar batteries at firing positions, as well as 579 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

In total, 186 Ukrainian aircraft and 129 helicopters, 1,084 unmanned aerial vehicles, 327 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,373 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 460 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,752 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,350 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

We note that the inflow of foreign mercenaries to Ukraine to take part in combat operations against the Russian Armed Forces has virtually dried up since the beginning of May.

According to the data at our disposal, the total number of foreign mercenaries in Ukraine has now been almost halved from 6,600 to 3,500. At the same time, the number of mercenaries in combat units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and National Guard in Donbass has decreased by orders of magnitude.

Hundreds of foreign mercenaries in Ukraine were eliminated by Russian long-range precision weapons shortly after their arrival while they were still undergoing pre-training and coordination of tactical units.

But most of the mercenaries are destroyed in the war zone due to their low level of training and lack of real combat experience.

Separately, I would like to point out that the commanders of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and National Guard units, which included mercenaries, are not sparing foreigners in their efforts to reduce losses of their servicemen. Captured mercenaries tell interrogators that they are the first to be sacrificed. Due to the Kiev regime's silencing of the losses and the absence of remains, relatives of the mercenaries in their countries of residence simply do not know about their deaths.

Faced with a real combat situation and heavy losses among servicemen of the AFU, the National Guard and foreigners, a significant number of mercenaries prefer to leave Ukrainian territory as soon as possible, but the Kiev regime prevents them from going abroad in every possible way.

Let me remind you that under international humanitarian law, mercenaries are not combatants and the best that awaits them is criminal liability.

The Kiev regime's urgent attempts to guarantee the mercenaries legal protection by including them in the military units of the AFU or the National Guard, or by issuing them with fresh Ukrainian passports, will not save any of them.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

03.06.2022 (11:50)

High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces have hit 21 areas of concentration of AFU manpower and military equipment during the day.

Operational-tactical, army and unmanned aviation have hit 37 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 360 nationalists and 49 weapons and military equipment including 1 detection and airspace control radar station in Slavyansk, Donetsk People's Republic.

Also 13 Ukrainian tanks and infantry fighting vehicles, 1 Osa-AKM anti-aircraft missile system have been destroyed near Bakhmut, as well as 2 mortar batteries, 2 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 8 artillery mounts, 26 special vehicles, and 4 missile and artillery weapon depots near Soledar, Dzerzhinsk, Yakovlevka and Bakhmut.

Russian air defence means have shot down 3 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Ryasnaya, Krutaya Balka, Donetsk People's Republic and Dmitrovka, Kharkov Region overnight. 3 Uragan multiple-launch rockets have been also intercepted over Petropolie, Kamenka, Kharkov Region, and Novoselovka Vtoraya, Donetsk People's Republic.

Missile troops and artillery have hit 26 command posts, 122 AFU artillery and mortar batteries at firing positions, 537 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration, as well as 5 ammunition depots.

1 AFU unmanned aerial vehicle control post near Pervomaiskoe in Nikolaev Region has been destroyed.

In total, 186 Ukrainian aircraft and 129 helicopters, 1,087 unmanned aerial vehicles, 328 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,386 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 462 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,760 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,376 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

Against the backdrop of Kiev's political catastrophe in Mariupol and military failures in Donbass, the Kiev regime, with British financial support, has organised the production of "morale raise" videos for Western and Ukrainian audiences.

In particular, on May 28, staged video was filmed near Meshkovka, Nikolaev Region, of the alleged "high efficiency" of the use of Western weaponry by Ukrainian nationalists.

To add more drama to the future film, at the insistence of British supervisors, a re-enactment of never-existing battle between Ukrainian Nazis and outnumbered "Russian soldiers" was created on the set.

The roles of "opponents" of the Ukrainian Nazis in the staged short film were performed by members of the local territorial defence unit wearing red armbands.

In the absence of trophy Russian equipment, the mock enemy appears in the frame using Ukrainian APCs and armoured vehicles.

The next video shoot is scheduled for June 5 and 6. The videos will focus on staged testimonies of "ordinary Ukrainians" accusing Russia of allegedly deliberately shelling civilian populated areas.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Briefing by the Russian Defence Ministry

04.06.2022 (11:00)

High-precision air-based missiles have hit an AFU artillery training centre near Stetskovka, Sumy Region.

The foreign trainers who had arrived in the centre held practical exercises for Ukrainian servicemen related to using and firing control of M777 155-mm howitzers.

In addition, a missile attack has resulted in destroying a permanent base of foreign mercenaries near Dachnoye, Odessa Region.

Moreover, 27 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration, two command posts of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, six missile, artillery weapons, ammunition and fuel depots have been destroyed near Vesyoloye, Bakhmut (Donetsk People's Republic), Spornoye, Podlesnoye and Loskutovka (Lugansk People's Republic).

Operational-tactical, army and unmanned aviation have hit 54 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration.

In total, the aviation attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 400 nationalists, 20 tanks and armoured vehicles, four BM-21 Grad multiple rocket launchers, nine artillery mounts and 29 miscellaneous vehicles.

Russian air defence means have shot down a military transport airplane of the Ukrainian Air Force that was transporting armament and ammunition near Odessa.

In addition, 17 unmanned aerial vehicles have been destroyed near Popasnaya, Varvarovka, Stakhanov (Lugansk People's Republic), Dementyevka, Volkhov Yar, Mospanovo, Novaya Gnilitsa, Doslipnoye, Bolshiye Prokhody, Kapitolovka (Kharkov Region), Novoaleksandrovka (Nikolayev Region) over the past 24 hours.

The abovementioned includes two Bayraktar-TB2 unmanned aerial vehicles hit by Russian air defence means near Kamenka, Nikolayev Region.

Missile troops and artillery have hit 33 command posts, 131 firing positions of AFU artillery units, as well as 542 manpower and military equipment concentration areas.

In total, 187 aircraft and 129 helicopters, 1,104 unmanned aerial vehicles, 328 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,406 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 466 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,769 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,405 units of special military vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   

05.06.2022 (12:00)

High-precision, long-range air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces have destroyed T-72 tanks and other armoured vehicles supplied by Eastern European countries and housed in the buildings of a car repair facility on the outskirts of Kiev.

High-precision air-based missiles in Kramatorsk, Druzhkovka and Chasov Yar (Donetsk People's Republic) have destroyed the factory shops where military equipment damaged during the hostilities was being repaired and restored for the Ukrainian armed forces.

In addition, the command posts of the 81st and 95th Airborne Assault Brigades of the AFU, as well as 6 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration have been hit during the day.

The attacks have resulted in the destruction of 2 Osa-AKM anti-aircraft missile launchers near Cherkasskoe (Donetsk People's Republic) and Orekhov (Zaporozhye Region), 2 multiple-launch rocket launchers near Korotych (Kharkov Region), 3 rocket and artillery weapon depots near Mayaki and Slavyansk (Donetsk People's Republic), and 1 US-made counter-battery radar (AN/TPQ-50) near Seversk (Donetsk People's Republic).

Operational-tactical and army aviation have hit 3 command posts, 65 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration, and 3 ammunition depots.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 350 nationalists, 10 tanks armoured and motor vehicles, 2 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 9 artillery pieces, 14 special vehicles, as well as tanks with fuel, near Konstantinovka railway station, destined for a group of AFU troops in Donbass and 2 ammunition depots near Bakhmut (Donetsk People's Republic) and Loskutovka (Lugansk People's Republic).

1 MiG-29 aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force has been shot down during an aerial battle near Slavyansk (Donetsk People's Republic).

Russian air defence means near Odessa have shot down 1 An-26 military transport aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force carrying weapons and military equipment.

Also during the day, 10 unmanned aerial vehicles have been shot down near Vidrodzhennya, Ryasnoe, Svyatogorsk (Donetsk People's Republic), Kirovsk, Prudovka, Borovenki, Varvarovka (Lugansk People's Republic), Volchiy Yar, Bolshie Prokhody (Kharkov Region), Zazornoe (Zaporizhzhya Region), including 1 Bayraktar TV2 near Berezovka (Kharkov Region).

In addition, 2 Tochka-U tactical missiles have been intercepted over Novogeorgievka (Nikolaev Region), and 3 Ukrainian Uragan multiple rocket launchers have been shot down near Sukhaya Kamenka, Dolgenkoe and Kamenka (Kharkov Region).

Missile troops and artillery have hit 46 command posts, 123 artillery and mortar units at firing positions, as well as 498 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

In total, 189 Ukrainian aircraft and 129 helicopters, 1,114 unmanned aerial vehicles, 330 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,416 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 470 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,778 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,419 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

Briefing by Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, Moscow, June 3, 2022

3 June 2022 15:03

The UK’s propaganda traditions

What we are seeing is a British reality show on London’s “concern for media freedom.” In actual reality, concern for developing the media serves as a smokescreen for interfering in the domestic affairs of Russia and other countries. This is an inexhaustible subject. Earlier, we said that these neo-colonial traditions have deep roots in the bloody history of the British Empire. In fact, revanchist sentiment still runs high in the United Kingdom. At a certain point, the European Union became an obstacle to fulfilling this agenda. This was also one of the reasons behind Brexit.

We are now approaching a stage where isolated pieces of evidence, including those uncovered by hackers, found in the public domain or by investigative journalists, come together like a puzzle to form a single image. There emerges a horrible picture. Importantly, reports on the Foreign Office’s subversive activities around the world have been cross-validated by a wide range of sources. Of course, the UK Foreign Office would have never been able to pull this off by itself. It relied on its diplomatic network, as well as British Councils, the media and trusted contractors. When needed, the British state created organisations to blend its diplomatic, intelligence, military and propaganda assets. Their American curators were also involved. Could it be otherwise? After all, one Anglo-Saxon power won’t peck at the eyes of another Anglo-Saxon power, as the saying goes, and even if it did, it wouldn’t peck them out.

I would like to make a side note here to emphasise the continuity in London’s worst interagency practices. The Daily News Egypt recently published a review of a book called ‘How to Stage a Coup’ by Rory Cormac, a specialist in the history of subversion and intelligence. Let me share a quote with you: “During the Cold War, the UK executed media protocols targeting the Middle East, Africa, and parts of Asia with the intention of fostering instability, manipulating sentiment, inciting crime, and aggravating ethnic strains with news by promoting and backing anti-communist ideas from the mid-1950s to the late 1970s through a Foreign Office Unit located in London.”

This refers to the Information Research Department (IRD). Created by the Labour government after World War II, it was designed to oppose Soviet propaganda in Britain. In the mid-1960s, it employed 360 agents, and it mainly served as a highly secret Special Editorial Unit that released news items. It should be clear what kind of news this was. It was misinformation, the culture of fake news, which the UK had been brewing for decades.

The British agenda consisted of fabricating statements by official Soviet organisations and representatives. Between 1965 and 1972, the department fabricated at least 11 false reports from Novosti Press Agency, a Soviet state-run news agency. You can imagine the scope. This may not seem like much at first sight, but all of these reports were released at crucial moments in the history of certain regions and sought to influence the course of events.

British agents used a variety of tricks to counter Soviet influence. In 1963, they forged a statement from the International Federation of Democratic Youth — a fake Soviet organisation — which denounced Africans as “uncivilised, primitive, and morally weak.” The forgery received press coverage across the continent, with many newspapers reacting intemperately.

Doesn’t this remind you of anything? They keep playing by the same rulebook, using lies and fraud, as their covert operations alone are not enough to undermine Russia’s influence.

mid.ru...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

06.06.2022 (11:00)

High-precision long-range air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces have destroyed industrial buildings of the smithy-mechanical plant on the outskirts of Lozovaya (Kharkov Region), where the AFU armoured vehicles were being rebuilt and repaired.

High-precision air-based missiles have hit 4 AFU command posts as well as 15 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration.

Operational-tactical and army aviation have hit 73 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 150 nationalists, 3 missile-artillery depots and 1 fuel depot near Kodem (Donetsk People's Republic), 8 tanks and armoured vehicles, 1 Grad multiple rocket launcher, 1 field artillery battery, 10 special vehicles, and 1 US-made counter-battery radar station (AN/TPQ-50) near Seversk (Donetsk People's Republic).

Russian air defence means have shot down 1 Su-29 aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force near Slavyansk (Donetsk People's Republic).

Also, 13 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles have been shot down near Yasinovataya, Stavka (Donetsk People's Republic), Volcheyarovka, Boroven'ka (Lugansk People's Republic), Balakleya, Glubokoe, Verbovka, Liptsy, Mikhailovka (Kharkov Region) and Tokmak (Zaporozhye Region).

Missile troops and artillery have hit 431 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration, and 34 firing positions of artillery and mortar units.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 300 nationalists, 10 tanks, 2 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 17 special vehicles, 17 field artillery mounts and mortars, as well as 3 AFU misille-artillery weponas depots near Gorlovka.

In total, 190 Ukrainian aircraft and 129 helicopters, 1,127 unmanned aerial vehicles, 330 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,424 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 473 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,795 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,446 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

Statement by Russian Defence Ministry

06.06.2022 (17:40)

The Russian Armed Forces are completing the liberation of Svyatogorsk in Donetsk People's Republic and its surrounding territory.

In order to prevent Ukrainian troops from retreating from Svyatogorsk, Ukrainian nationalist formations acting as barrier troops today have blown up a bridge over the Seversky Donets River.

Under the onslaught of Russian units, the remnants of the battalions of the 95th Airborne Assault Brigade and the 81st Separate Airmobile Brigade of the AFU, cut off from the main forces and supplies by blowing up the bridge, abandoned their military equipment along with their weapons and dispersed along the coast.

Up to 80 Ukrainian soldiers swam across the river. They were not specifically targeted by Russian servicemen.

We consider the refusal of Ukrainian soldiers to defend the useless Kiev regime led by nationalists to be the only right thing to do, not cowardice. In doing so, they all saved their lives.

We urge all soldiers and members of Ukraine's territorial defence units to follow this example and stop mindlessly resisting in order to save their lives.

The Russian Armed Forces, in return, guarantee all Ukrainian servicemen and members of territorial defence units who have voluntarily laid down their arms to be treated with dignity and returned to their families.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sounds interesting, they ought to have this "special military operation" rapped up in just a few more days 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   

07.06.2022 (11:30)

High-precision air-based missiles have hit 2 command posts, 3 firing positions of artillery batteries, as well as 18 areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration.

2 ammunition depots have been destroyed in the areas of Vrubovka and Yakovlevka in Lugansk People's Republic.

Operational-tactical aviation have hit 65 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 170 nationalists, 9 tanks, 2 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 1 battery of field artillery and 8 various purpose vehicles.

Russian air defence means have shot down 12 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Liptsy, Streleche, Dement'evka, Borodoyarskoe, Mar'ino, Petrovskoe, Grakovo, Malye Prokhody in Kharkov Region, as well as Vasil'ievka in Nikolaev Region, overnight.

Missile troops and artillery have hit 39 command posts, 49 firing positions of AFU artillery, as well as 426 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 400 nationalists, 10 armoured vehicles, 3 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 10 special vehicles, and 3 launchers of S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems near Kramatorsk.

In addition, shelling resulted in the destruction of one 155mm self-propelled howitzer (M109A3) donated by Norway, 2 US 155mm howitzers (M777), and 7 field artillery and mortars, including 1 203mm Pion self-propelled artillery mount.

In total, 190 Ukrainian aircraft and 129 helicopters, 1,139 unmanned aerial vehicles, 333 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,443 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 478 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,807 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,464 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

Statement by Russian Defence Ministry

07.06.2022 (12:15)

Testimonies of local residents and monks in liberated Svyatogorsk, Donetsk People's Republic, confirm that Ukrainian nationalists deliberately set fire to the wooden skete of All Saints' of the Russian Land on June 5.

According to eyewitnesses, as early as June 2, the Ukrainian military arrived at the territory of the Svyatogorsk Historical and Architectural Reserve, located south of the city across the river.

The aim was to survey the area for the placement of artillery positions by the AFU on the high bank where the architectural reserve is located. The equipment of these positions would have allowed direct fire on Russian troops on the other side of the river.

Here, they also planned to defend the bridge over the Seversky Donets River, which had already been blown up by the nationalists on June 6.

Knowing well that Russian servicemen do not shell places of worship and cultural monuments, the Ukrainian nationalists hoped to shield themselves behind the Orthodox shrines of Lavra as their "shield".

The insolence of the Ukrainian nationalists has angered local residents. They demanded that the military withdraw from Lavra to prevent its destruction.

By June 4, during the fighting in Svyatogorsk, the Ukrainian army had already lost control of most of the city.

So the retreating nationalists organised a monstrous provocation.

According to local residents, a large-calibre machine gun mounted on an armoured vehicle set fire to the newly built wooden wooden skete of All Saints' of the Russian Land in 2009 with a burst of incendiary ammunition.

It was not only the monks who tried unsuccessfully to put out the burning skete, but also the members of the local territorial defence who came to help them. The nationalists prevented this by firing intimidating shots.

Despite the hostilities in Svyatogorsk, there has been no damage to historical and Orthodox monuments on the territory of the Holy Dormition Svyatogorsk Lavra by Russian servicemen.

Footage of the current state of the cultural, historical, architectural and orthodox monument of Svyatogorsk Lavra is brought to everyone's attention.

Thus, Zelensky with his statements about Russia's allegedly conscious destruction of Ukraine's cultural heritage and his demands to expel Russia from UNESCO and the UN for this once again lied not only to the Ukrainian people but also to the entire international community.

The Russian Armed Forces continue the special operation to liberate Donbass, preventing shelling or possible damage to historical and cultural heritage sites.

The values of the Ukrainian Nazis in Kiev are the opposite of the historical values of the Orthodox people of Ukraine.

There is and can be no future for the current Kiev regime's criminal anti-Christian policy in Ukraine.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
National Centre for State Defence Control in Moscow hosts a teleconference with the leadership of the Armed Forces chaired by Russian Defence Minister

07.06.2022 (14:00)

National Centre for State Defence Control in Moscow hosts another teleconference of Defence Ministry with the leadership of the Armed Forces, chaired by General of the Army, Sergei Shoigu.

In the beginning of the conference the Defence Minister told about the special military operation on the territory of Ukraine.

A significant part of the Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics along the left bank of the Seversky Donets including the cities of Krasny Liman and Svyatogorsk as well as 15 other settlements have been liberated.

The largest among them are Studenok, Yarovaya, Kirovsk, Yampol and Drobyshevo.

Residential areas of Severodonetsk have been fully liberated. The takeover of its industrial zone and neighbouring settlements continues.

The offensive in the Popasnaya direction is developing.

As for today, 97% of the territory of the Lugansk People's Republic has been liberated.

51pieces of foreign military equipment including 12 combat vehicles, 21 155-millimeter howitzers, two MLRS and 16 UAVs have been destroyed during the last 10 days of the special military operation.

In five days, 126 servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine surrendered, their total number is 6,489 people.

Work continues to restore a peaceful life in the liberated territories of Donbass.

In Mariupol, water and electricity supply to residential areas is being restored in stages, streets are being cleared and the first social facilities have started to function.

Mine clearance continues. In total, about three thousand hectares were checked and almost fifteen thousand of explosives were neutralized.

The Azovstal plant, including its underground facilities, has been completely cleared of mines.

The mine clearance of the Mariupol seaport has been completed. It operates normally and the first cargo ships has already arrived.

Berdyansk sea port has started to operate. On behalf of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief they are ready to load grain at these ports.

The largest nuclear power plant in Europe, Zaporozhye, which can generate up to half of all nuclear power generation capacity of Ukraine, is operating normally.

33 coal mines, 2 oil fields and 14 gas fields taken over by Lugansk and Donetsk people's republics during the special military operation continue to operate normally.

The liberated territories are home to 57% of Ukraine's steelmaking capacity.

While retreating, Ukrainian nationalists seek to cause maximum damage to these industries.

In turn, the Russian military, while liberating the Donbass, is taking industry facilities under its protection, thus preserving the potential for the development of the region's economy.

Joint efforts of the Russian Ministry of Defence and Russian Railways have created conditions for the resumption of full-fledged traffic between Russia, Donbass, Ukraine and Crimea on six railway sections. Delivering of cargo to Mariupol, Berdyansk and Kherson has begun.

The total length of the restored railway sections is 1,200 kilometers.

An automobile communication between the territory of Russia along the mainland to the Crimea has been opened.

The unhindered water supply of the Crimean Peninsula through the North Crimean Canal has been resumed.

The restoration of transport infrastructure and water supply creates favourable conditions for the development of agricultural sector in the liberated territories.

Its potential averages 10 million tons of grain crops an 1.4 million of vegetable crops per year.

Humanitarian aid is being actively provided to the population of the liberated cities.

More than 27,000 tons of goods have been handed over to civilians. Among them are food, basic necessities and medicines.

We will continue to restore social facilities and establish peaceful life in the controlled territories.

eng.mil.ru...

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

08.06.2022 (11:45)

The Ukrainian grouping in Donbas is suffering significant losses in manpower, weapons and military equipment.

During the liberation of Svyatogorsk in Donetsk People's Republic in three days of fighting alone, Ukrainian troops suffered losses of over 300 nationalists, six tanks, 15 armoured combat vehicles of various types, 36 field artillery guns and mortars, 4 Grad multiple rocket launchers and over 20 automotive equipment.

High-precision air-based missiles have hit 1 armoured plant near Kharkov, which have been repairing and restoring tanks and other AFU armoured vehicles.

In addition, high-precision air-based missiles have hit 2 command posts, 13 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration, as well as 1 battery of Uragan multiple-launch rocket systems near Kharkov.

4 weapon and ammunition depots have been destroyed near Malinovka in Kharkov Region, Spornoe in Donetsk People's Republic and Zvanovka in Lugansk People's Republic.

1 fuel depot for AFU equipment has been destroyed near Chuhuev, Kharkov Region.

Operational-tactical aviation have hit 63 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of command post of 14th AFU Mechanized Brigade, over 160 nationalists, 8 tanks, 2 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 1 artillery battery, 1 electronic warfare station and 13 vehicles of various purposes.

Russian air defence means have shot down 2 MiG-29 aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force near Snegirevka, Nikolaev Region, as well as 1 Mi-8 helicopter near Belaya Krinitsya, Nikolaev Region.

In addition, 11 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles have been shot down near Donetsk, Rubtsy, Lozovoe, Krasnorechenskoe, Koroviy Yar, Peski Rad'kovskoe in Donetsk Peolple's Republic, Izyum, Dergachi in Kharkov Region and Chernobaivka in Kherson Region.

3 Tochka-U missiles and 5 Smerch rockets have been intercepted near Chernobaevka, Kherson Region.

Missile and artillery have hit 68 command posts, 172 AFU artillery positions, including 2 batteries of Smerch multiple-launch rocket systems near Aleksandrovka and Kutuzovka, 1 battery of Uragan MLRS near Kitsevka, Kharkov region, as well as 261 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 320 nationalists, 4 ammunition depots near Novolenovka in Zaporozhye Region, 9 armoured vehicles, 3 Grad multiple rocket launchers, 15 field artillery and mortars, 14 special vehicles, and Buk-M1 surface-to-air missile launchers near Shelkoplyasy and OSA-AKM in Verhnyaya Roganka in Kharkov Region.

In total, 192 Ukrainian airplanes and 130 helicopters, 1,150 unmanned aerial vehicles, 335 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,459 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 489 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,822 field artillery and mortars, as well as 3,488 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

eng.mil.ru...

Foreign Ministry statement on introducing personal sanctions against US citizens

6 June 2022 20:05

In response to a constantly expanding list of sanctions imposed on Russian politicians and public figures, as well as representatives of Russian business, 61 US nationals have been included in the blacklist: heads of the leading defence corporations, media platforms, rating agencies, aircraft design and shipbuilding companies, as well as a number of officials from the US Department of State involved in planting false stories about “malicious” Russian cyber-attacks.

The names of blacklisted US citizens are as follows:

1) Tracy A. Atkinson – Former Executive Vice President, Raytheon Technologies

61) Shalanda Delores Young – Director of the Office of Management and Budget within the Executive Office of the President of the United States.

The complete list of US nationals who have been banned indefinitely from entering the Russian Federation is published in the dedicated section on the Foreign Ministry website.

mid.ru...

edit on 6 8 2022 by turretless because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join