It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Normativity and Body Shaming Endorsed by Aussie Girl Who Lost Weight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

um how EXACTLY does getting weight loss surgery not doing it "all on her own"?
if you had done a simple google search you learn that you have to be in relatively good health (outside of weight) AND be BELOW a certain weight (along with other medical factors) to get the surgery
she had to loose some weight and get her body to a "safe" level of health before they will even consider it
that aint easy.
then after you get it it is no "instant easy weight loss".
recovery from the surgery is tough (depending on skill of the surgeon and if opened up or Arthroscopy).
then the really hard part begins.
you have to be VERY CAREFUL in both AMOUNT AND NUTRITIONAL CONTENT due to the restriction of your stomach
along with you can with bad choices STRETCH IT OUT and be back where you started.

now it is possible with a VERY STRICT CALORIC INTAKE can loose weight "fast" (relatively) and also adding exercise to burn off more calories than you take in

so while she may (KEY WORD MAY) be lying unless you have PROOF your just guessing.
if she did she still had to work very hard.

either way your just being petty and childish in your comment

scrounger

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

With proper training and diet she could def lose it that fast.

One of my clients dropped 60 lbs of fat in 6 months and packed on muscle.....

All depends on if your macros and your routine are on point and your dedication...

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yeah , getting that BMI down is a threat to the obese .

now here is a silent problem with obesity is the BMI.

if one really looks at it it is quite UNREALISTIC on how low really the number is that classifies as "obese" vs medical reality.

for example i am 6'2" and weigh 235

yes i admit have some of that male belly fat that i should loose.
but under the BMI to be "healthy number" i need to loose about 40 to 45 pounds
alone that puts me to 195 to 190

that AINT MEDICALLY POSSIBLE and be healthy.

I would never get that low unless I was about 25 years younger or when i lost weight i didnt increase my muscles which weighs MORE than fat.

the BMI really needs updating to take into account people bone structure, muscle mass, ect.

but to be fair even if you update it there is a level that is CLEARLY UNHEALTHY OBESITY.

scrounger

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Absolutely spot on post

That whole BMI thing can really be a bugger. Especially if you're very muscular lol

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
the problem isnt having sympathy and kindness to people with CLEAR MEDICAL ISSUES that lead to obesity.

let me say this again for those in the back.... CLEAR MEDICAL ISSUES.

Not "i just cant stop myself from eating (outside of say mental or physical issues) "
Not "oh its too hard"
and ESPECIALLY NOT BECAUSE "POINTING THIS OUT (note nicely ) IS BEING MEAN/DISCRIMATORY"

A small level of shame ia a motivator to do something good and not do something bad, stupid or ignorant.

we sure as hell SHOULD NOT BE CELEBRATING someone obese or grossly obese if they HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SO.

I hate to break it to all those "lets celebrate your obese (or whatever words they use) size" your a ticking time bomb
one that isnt gonna care about your "self esteem" or some "SJW" cause.

your body is (most of the time, some VERY LIMITED ECEPTIONS) gonna just start having bad health issues (like diabetes, heart disease) and make you vulnerable to viruses, temperatures, bacteriological agents of all time and even some just common activities.

there is a reason alot who have DIED WITH COVID were obese.

scrounger

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Yes, calculations say I'm borderline on my BMI now, but I'm wearing all the same clothes I was wearing when it was lower. They are tighter in the areas where I am putting on muscle - across shoulders, around thighs/quads, etc., but loose around the waist, but not so I can't wear them comfortably. I've put on weight, but at that same weight when I was losing the original 50 lbs, I could not have worn what I am wearing now.

So I have a hard time thinking the BMI number is a real problem. I've been working hard at strength and activities that will build strength and muscle, so I expect to put on muscle.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Look as far as im concerned rebel will always be Toula! Like oh my ghawd!! Totally hectic! You cant escape your past and your fat pizza addiction girlie!

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Look as far as im concerned rebel will always be Toula!

um do you know who the hell toula was? to those who dont know it was a man who had a sex change surgery to look like a woman. she got famous because she was a background bond girl in a james bond movie.. no one knew she was a biological male until outed... so your comparing a PHYSICAL SEX ALTERATION SURGERY to weight loss surgery? wow when you go for the most assinine one of these things is no where near the other you dont hold back... in short assinine and ignorant at the same time

Like oh my ghawd!! Totally hectic!

just when you cant get anymore "this comment is not applicable" you call her this . BTW here is the definition hec·tic
/ˈhektik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
full of incessant or frantic activity.
"a hectic business schedule"

You cant escape your past and your fat pizza addiction girlie!

She has... she LOST THE WEIGHT AND KEEPING IT OFF..

if your going for a trifecta award of "im a ranting ignorant fool", "im a hateful person attacking her (for reason only you seem to know)" and a internet troll......
you have my vote but seems unnecessary because your ranting post speaks for itself

scrounger

ps i apologies to those who said i should not feed this troll...
but some things need to be called out .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join