It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California forcing COVID-positive health care employees to work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
California went from mandating vaccines to forcing COVID-positive health care employees to work

The California Department of Public Health issued new guidance allowing hospitals and health networks to force COVID-postive healthcare workers to continue working if they are asymptomatic. 

"The department is providing temporary flexibility to help hospitals and emergency services providers respond to an unprecedented surge and staffing shortages. 

The health department issued the guidance Saturday, and outlines that healthcare workers don’t have to isolate or test negative and can immediately return to work if they are asymptomatic. 

Staffing issues have plagued hospitals across the country as the omicron variant of the virus spikes, including in California where vaccine mandates were put into effect last year requiring health workers to get vaccinated or face termination. Health giant Kaiser Permanente suspended more than 2,000 unvaccinated employees in October and said those who still have not been vaccinated face termination this month.  

www.foxnews.com...]link

I'm just an engineer, more interested in making systems work than office politics so maybe I don't understand the dynamics at play here; but if your in a position of having to force Covid-19 positive healthcare employees back to work shouldn't you first explore not firing covid-19 negative healthcare employees?

What logical explanation could there posibly be for this bassackwards social policy?

California is choosing to put their hospital patients and employees at greater risk by forcing positive employees back to work just so they can financially punish the unvaccinated employees.

But maybe I'm over thinking this; according to Dr. George Rutherford, professor of Epidemiology at University of California San Francisco we do this in third world countries all the time.

This is about having infected people taking care of infected people. We did this with Ebola in South Africa. We’ve done it before.

I don't know about you; but I'd pick the unvaccinated ebola negitive doctor over the vaccinated ebola positive doctor given the choice ... but maybe thats just me.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't believe you can force people to work, that's slavery.

For now, we have a "Vaccine" that has been proven time and time again to not do any good...but just might kill you.
They're firing people who don't want to take it.

Meanwhile most of south america, india, and even japan are using a well known, fully tested drug (ivermectin) that has been proven time and time again to be a perfectly safe, effective, and CHEAP way to cure the infected... and we're demonizing it.

Then washington state starts trying to pass laws to put the un-vaccinated into camps.
Something isn't passing the sniff test, here.
edit on 9-1-2022 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

“Two weeks to flatten the curve”….. dude we are almost there..

Okay; on topic, this has gone from you’re killing granny and you are evil….. to “oh geez we lost so many workers to this *mandate* and we need workers”.

So now it’s “SCREW GRANNY”! “Come to work, Covid doesn’t matter”, but also still please “ get vaccinated”……

I mean we are truly (and sadly), living in the early aftermath of social Darwinism on a global scale; which will quickly turn to full blown Idiocracy/Brave New World mixture.

edit on 9-1-2022 by SeektoUnderstand because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Clearly, they need to stop forcing people to get tested.

Prior to this ass-backwards wacko world we live in today, people often got a wee bit of a sickness and continued to work.

They didn't get tested. They just took a couple aspirin, maybe some sinus medication, and occasionally went to the bathroom to blow their nose every now and then. No big deal.

Nowadays, they don't even have that wee bit of a sickness. They just have some cheapo test that claims they're ill.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It gives all the lazy people a way to get out of work AND get paid for it though…….

My work wouldn’t let me come back without a negative test when this first started..

Now we are so understaffed, they just ask if you are good to go and if there is no fever above 100.1, then to work you go..

I want this to end so bad; but if not, I will adapt to this situation. Good thing most of us grew up reading the same instruction manuals the elite are using today…

Get em before they burn em ✌️

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is good news though. At least it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully this backstepping of the BS policies becomes a trend.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I spoke to a group of young people outside of a testing center last week, who were lined up hoping to test positive so they could get off work for 10 days.

Most companies are sticking with 10 days, because that's what the science says.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

My work ended the paid time off for a positive test for the UNvaccinated back in October.
If you're jabbed and test positive, you get free PTO still.

backwards, upside down, idiocy.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Half my crew was out last week. Unofficially told not to take the test unless you're really sick. We only get 5 days off.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The entire State of California has the flu.

That is why they can work.

This latest round is nothing like the previous.

This is the flu...

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
March or DIE !!!😲

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The health department issued the guidance Saturday, and outlines that healthcare workers don’t have to isolate or test negative and can immediately return to work if they are asymptomatic.

But an unvaccinated person that tests negative, or a person with natural immunity that did not get sick, is not allowed to work in their hospitals.

I think their preference towards a working staff of those infected, just not showing notable symptoms, over those that have no symptoms and are not infected, makes it clear what the agenda truly is.

If they truly wonder why the American people don't trust them, maybe if they were to take a good look at this decision, maybe it may shine a bit of light into those dark corners.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Fire the healthcare people who wouldn't take the vaccine or couldn't take the vaccine.

Force those who did take the vaccine to work even though they are covid positive.

Stress out an already stressed workforce.

That's leftist logic for you.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What a complete shiiite show

Clown world in full effect.

new topics

top topics

join