It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Symptoms: Mentally Spacey & Scattered / Disoriented, While Sick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I was just chatting with someone about this and I decided, why not make a thread about it, I'm already discussing it.

Mostly I'm curious if others have experienced this same general symptom of the covid infections causing mental spaciness, during the active infection.

This is my experience with my repeated instances of getting sick these last two years, presumably with covid.

While sick, my mind is very scattered, and spacey. Not in an overly concerning way, and I always get back to normal mental clarity, when I'm feeling better.

However, this is a NEW symptom for myself, anyway. I never saw this happen in myself, before these last 2 years of the covid pandemic.

It's only within these 2 years that I experience some fairly strong mental spaciness, scattered thinking, and even disorientation, DURING the active infections, i.e. during my time periods actually feeling sick.

Have others noticed similar new mental symptoms, as described, these last 2 years of pandemic?

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I wonder if anxiety has anything to do with. Also staying indoors too much might lead to bad ventilation for our health. As one age, the brain does get a bit mushy . Alertness is there and so are thoughts, but kind of like how a child thinks.
I would say currently, anxiety is the worst problem for many. Maybe that could lead to spaceyness ?
For me, out doors among the rice paddies gives my mind the natural spaceyness I need to make it through these crazy times.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesChessman

Hello, I certainly hope you are feeling better now.

There have been many reports that “brain fog” is a somewhat common symptom of both acute and long Covid.

Since we are talking about interesting/unusual symptoms of Covid, there also were reports of lasting cognitive deficiencies. I remember this controversial Sky News article that grabbed a lot of attention with a report that Covid caused a significant drop in a persons intelligence…..admittedly, I believe this was from the reduced oxygen consumption and not directly from the virus itself.

news.sky.com...

People who had been hospitalised and put on a ventilator saw the biggest deficit in the Great British Intelligence Test - equivalent to a seven-point drop in IQ

edit on 9-1-2022 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Wife and I are in the middle of our 2nd time with Covid (about day 5) and we haven't noticed that in each other yet. I haven't felt 100% since the first time I got it 2 years ago though and I think it's pretty common in many.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

There have been many reports that “brain fog” is a somewhat common symptom of both acute and long Covid.

Since we are talking about interesting/unusual symptoms of Covid, there also were reports of lasting cognitive deficiencies. I remember this controversial Sky News article that grabbed a lot of attention with a report that Covid caused a significant drop in a persons intelligence…..

news.sky.com...

People who had been hospitalised and put on a ventilator saw the biggest deficit in the Great British Intelligence Test - equivalent to a seven-point drop in IQ

Well for one thing, if that report is about... people who went on ventilators:

Then that's automatically the WORST CASES that it's describing.

Plus, obviously breathing oxygen is required for brain health.

So basically that report is f*cked, in my opinion, lol. Because OF COURSE the worst cases are going to show damage, that's a given, since their breathing problems ALONE are enough to cause damage.

So that's what I think of that study, but beyond that:

I think I've personally handled it pretty well, these last 2 years of repeated infections.

I'm generally a very healthy person, as per my choice to live with that goal.

So I think my general state of good health is mainly why I've handled things so well.

So in my case, there's not a question of actual breathing problems or ventilators etc., thank goodness, but I'm just clarifying my side of the conversation that I made the thread about.

I've handled it well, altogether, without serious problems.

So in THAT context, I just see this NEW symptom of mental scatter and spaciness, DURING active sick periods.

It just seems a very distinct new symptom, that I never saw before the pandemic started.

It seems quite new / unique, and specific to this modern 2 year pandemic.

That's how it seems to me and I just wondered if others shared that impression or not...

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I'm currently experiencing that exact symptom as well as full on body aches.

It's effecting my balance big time.

I want the natural immunity so this is something I've been hoping for.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Since we are talking about interesting/unusual symptoms of Covid, there also were reports of lasting cognitive deficiencies. I remember this controversial Sky News article that grabbed a lot of attention with a report that Covid caused a significant drop in a persons intelligence…..admittedly, I believe this was from the reduced oxygen consumption and not directly from the virus itself.

news.sky.com...

What I've noticed about the plandemic is how thoroughly emancipated the wicked within general society have become, they wear this plandemic like a comfy warm coat, screaming at people to wear their masks, jumping on every opportunity to amplify the narrative, haven't you noticed ?
edit on th012066 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
"Mental fog" is simply something that happens when one is excessively fatigued. A bad cold, an intense case of flu makes your extremely fatigued and you get a little fuzzy headed. I can get "mental fog" at the end of a long hard work day or on the tail end of s 40km bike ride.

I think the whole "mental fog" thing is just part of the massive bovine feces narrative that's being pushed on us. They tell you that you have "mental fog" and suddenly you notice what you've never really paid attention to before because back in the old days it was just part of being sick and you were more focused on getting well. Now, the beast tells you that you have "mental fog" and, voila!, you notice it and suddenly there's a "new" symptom.

They are manipulating the populace on every front.

Them's my two cents, anyway

edit on 2022 1 09 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

news.sky.com...

What I've noticed about the plandemic is how thoroughly emancipated the wicked within general society have become, they wear this plandemic like a comfy warm coat, screaming at people to wear their masks, jumping on every opportunity to amplify the narrative, haven't you noticed ?

Yes I agree. Normal people have become polarized, and the polarized have become fanatical.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I generally feel that way when I take a moment to stop, look at life and watch the world go by.

Watching humanity be human and then trying to comprehend the stupidity presents me with your type symptoms.

As for covid, try as I might i still can't seem to get it and so considering the hype this also leaves me spacey?????
edit on 9-1-2022 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2022 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

news.sky.com...

Yes I agree. Normal people have become polarized, and the polarized have become fanatical.

I think it's more that normal people are being polarized by the wicked, If I tried to demonise you out of wickedness, you would fanatically defend yourself, anyone would.
edit on th011277 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree too much covid 19 on the brain can make a person a retard 👍🏾

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
By the way, I don't plan to respond any more in the thread, most likely, because I can see what a very polarized, crazy topic it is, for many, many people right now. Even 2 years into it.

*** One thing I'm curious though:

For those who call it a PLAN-demic, and consider it all manmade and deliberate:

As much as that would be physically POSSIBLE:

On the other hand, there's really NO MOTIVE, in infecting the ENTIRE WORLD, in my opinion.

You guys have to remember that this has really spread EVERYWHERE in the world, so it's not like one country could have attacked the globe, while remaining unaffected themselves.

That is to say: There's no unaffected country.

So to me, that indicates NATURE as the origin / original source of the virus.

It just wouldn't make sense as an intentional bioweapon, considering that it loaded up the host country along with every other country.

There's just no sense in doing that, logistically, it makes no sense as a weapon.

...Anyways for the PLANNED-demic folks: How is there any sense in considering it as deliberate plan? Who do you think is benefitting from the pandemic?

Isn't EVERYONE being infected by it, all in the same boat now, the last 2 years? And isn't that enough to consider it as NOT a weapon?

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I'm currently experiencing that exact symptom as well as full on body aches.

It's effecting my balance big time.

I want the natural immunity so this is something I've been hoping for.

Haha yeah, I've recently noticed a very slight, lack of proper balance.

It's very slight in myself, thank goodness, but yep, it seems a unique new symptom, too, for the most part.

On the other hand, I haven't been keeping regular stretching / yoga lately, so I could alternately just blame that on my slight off-balancedness lately.

Yet, I do think it's a small, unique new symptom that I haven't had before now.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
"Mental fog" is simply something that happens when one is excessively fatigued. A bad cold, an intense case of flu makes your extremely fatigued and you get a little fuzzy headed. I can get "mental fog" at the end of a long hard work day or on the tail end of s 40km bike ride.

I think the whole "mental fog" thing is just part of the massive bovine feces narrative that's being pushed on us. They tell you that you have "mental fog" and suddenly you notice what you've never really paid attention to before because back in the old days it was just part of being sick and you were more focused on getting well. Now, the beast tells you that you have "mental fog" and, voila!, you notice it and suddenly there's a "new" symptom.

They are manipulating the populace on every front.

Them's my two cents, anyway

^Thanks, but I really don't take in much mainstream media like that, so I really don't think that that's what I've experienced (i.e. being overly brainwashed by the media).

Anyway I think it's a new physical symptom that I've only experienced when I've been sick, these last 2 years.

It seems to me, a distinct, NEW, unique symptom that I never saw before in my life.

(Again, I'm not concerned about it, and I'm generally staying very healthy. I was just wondering if others had noticed the same thing.)

Stay well, everyone.

edit on 9-1-2022 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
Wife and I are in the middle of our 2nd time with Covid (about day 5) and we haven't noticed that in each other yet. I haven't felt 100% since the first time I got it 2 years ago though and I think it's pretty common in many.

I agree, that in my eyes, it seems... that we're all just loaded up with the virus, continuously, and it's just gradually becoming established as a normal part of our lives. Including probably the virus being loaded up in our bodies and our brains, permanently.

That's my pet theory of what's going on.

It doesn't seem a problem because the virus doesn't seem to really affect us, when we're staying healthy & well.

It only seems to mess us up worse, when we are actively sick.

Yet, everytime I get sick, I believe that my body bounces back stronger, and I think I have tons of natural immunity built up.

So I don't think we are doomed to be sick; rather, I think we're going through a gradual adjustment period, in which the virus assimilates through us, and we get sick a few times in the process.

Eventually, I think we'll stop getting sick from it, for the most part, once it's so thoroughly loaded up the entire world, and it just becomes a normal part of our bodies and brains.

So then, one day in the future: Once we stop getting sick from it:

The question will remain: What effects will the virus have on our bodies and minds, in the future, if it really just becomes a permanent, all-pervasive virus, forevermore?

...Will it maybe be a slightly-calming effect? From that very slight mental scatter?

Maybe in the long run, after adjustment periods are over, maybe the virus really will just force the world population to slow down a bit, and relax a bit...!!

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think they're calling that
"brain fog"

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hypochondriac,that's more likely.
You claim you are healthy,have lots of immunity built up yet repeatedly get what you think is COVID 19.
Non of my family have been vaccinated yet only my sister and partner have had COVID 19 once over a year ago.Theyve never had it again.
So no everyone isn't and haven't been 'loaded up with the virus' like you think.
How do you know that it's COVID 19 that you keep getting ?
Koolaid is bad for you,just say no.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Can't say this symptom is "only C19 related".
I've gotten profoundly stupid when seriously ill with pneumonia and didn't recognize how ill I was. The show stopper was a colon infection where I hit the floor at work lifting something, couldn't stand up and couldn't figure out why. At the hospital the Nurses were gobsmacked cause when given a raspberry flavored drink for MRI imaging I declared it "the best smoothie EVER!!!" and asked for seconds!!!

I have seen friends get C19 and while surviving, still haven't regained full mental functioning. However have seen this in many other illnesses as well including routine surgeries. I just use it now as a yardstick for "how sick are you?".

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Im on day 2 of my second go around with the rona. The mental fog and inability to think logically for me was really really bad. It lasted 2-3 weeks after my symptoms faded, I really was worried if I would ever get it back. Now I am on day 2 or 3 of my second go around, and it is bad again. I cant think, very hard to formulate sentences, its just weird and annoying. So yes, there is truth to it. As others pointed out, many people who have long covid never get their cognitive abilities back.

edit on 9-1-2022 by HanSolo31 because: Corona Brain

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join