It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are Exploring Legal Options to Keep former President Trump from Running Again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Saturday, January 8, 2022

Congress didn't explore ways to keep a man with advancing Dementia from becoming President...(And now we're stuck with Biden). But they want to prevent one of the most successful Presidents America has ever had, from running again.

In the year since the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, a handful of Democrats, constitutional scholars and pro-democracy advocates have been quietly exploring how a post-Civil War amendment to the Constitution might be used to disqualify former President Trump from holding office again.

Calls for Congress to take steps to strip Trump of his eligibility, which reached a crescendo in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 riot, have since decreased. But those who remain engaged on the issue say discussions about applying Section 3 of the 14th Amendment have been ongoing.
More at: thehill.com...

What are Democrat's chances of succeeding with this gambit?

Do Democrats really not care what that most Americans would like Donald Trump to run again?

Do Democrats in Congress/politics/media, really think the statement; "Let us March Peacefully to the Capitol and make our voices heard.", is inciting violence? Are they THAT deranged?

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/8/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is a list of 11 congresspersons also on a list compiled by Marc Elias that they hope to be barred from being seated as well. It doesnt end with Trump. They are after the republicans that dont ‘reach across the aisle’ to them.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Welcome to the systematic attack and takedown of America. This is what we were warned about.

Simply united we stand and divided we fall.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
WHEN are they going to learn that they were put there in the first place to run the country (don't mention how bad) not keep concentrating on putting the downer on Trump or any opposition.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

They are after anyone who refuses to date AOC and swallow the
swill they are peddling
edit on 8-1-2022 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

There is a list of 11 congresspersons also on a list compiled by Marc Elias that they hope to be barred from being seated as well. It doesnt end with Trump. They are after the republicans that dont ‘reach across the aisle’ to them.

You mean people who won't bow and scrape to the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party and liberals with the aide of big tech and CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc are out to destroy everyone who disagrees with the smallest ideological point of view held by liberals and progressives.

This is clear with all their doxing, demanding people be fired, etc. While excusing Democrats and liberals for doing exactly the same thing they viciously attack conservatives for saying or doing.

They just want single party rule like China and Russia. Remember, Obama clearly said he wished the US were like China so he and the Democrats would have the power to do what they wanted.

They are modeling themselves after the Chinese with the help of Google and others. Remember Google openly censors conservatives and created Dragonfly for China which keeps tabs on the political correctness of every single Chinese citizen 24/7.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Oct. 19, 2021, Quinnipiac poll:

"Nearly one year after the 2020 presidential election, a majority of Americans (58 vs 35 percent) say they do not want to see Donald Trump run for president in 2024, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of adults released today. Democrats say 94 vs 4 percent and independents say 58 vs 35 percent that they do not want to see Trump run."

poll.qu.edu...

December 17, 2021, Yahoo News/YouGov poll:

"Eager for a change after years of conflict and upheaval, most Americans do not want either Donald Trump or Joe Biden to run for president again in 2024, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey of 1,558 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Dec. 9 to 13, found that just 22 percent want Biden to launch another White House bid. A mere 27 percent want Trump to try for a second term."

news.yahoo.com...

You appear to be living in a fantasy world.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Please keep your eyes on the left hand with these legal options and you wont notice the right hand rigging the election again.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

First they need to make sure it's them who run the country forever... then they can lay back....

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I really want to see Tucker Carlson run for president. Or maybe Ben Shapiro. They both speak as though they actually graduated high school and did something respectable with their education. That's the kind of conservative leadership that doesn't make me immediately change the channel out of cringe factor. Candace Owens would get along well with either of them as a VP. Or she could turn the tables and pick them for VP instead.

We have options and they're actually not bad, is what I'm saying.

edit on 8-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's not just the Democrats that want to keep the status quo- plenty of Republicans (like China Mitch) will be working behind the curtain to insure nobody ever tries to take the corruption out of Washington again.
Democrats would have filed too many lawsuits to count by now if Biden were a Republican; how many have the Republicans filed? Not too many waves being made by house, senate or congressional Republicans.
It amazes me that people still think we have two political policies, when it's apparent they both have the same end goal. Politicians are at the top of the food chain, and really don't care what it takes to keep the plebes supporting their lavish lives, as long as they remain above the common folk.

They fact that a senile deviant remains as head of our country, and everybody turns a blind eye speaks volumes to the state of America- and the possibilities for our future.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They're scared to death of the vote cheating being exposed and Trump will be President again !!!😎

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
See they only pay lip service to that word democracy.

An opposing political party get's to decide who runs against them. Which is a load of snip.

edit on 8-1-2022 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Democrats doing their best to stop people from voting for specific candidates and yet they want their voter rights bill to pass Congress after they claim the 2020 election was the most honest in History and the voter turnout was at record levels !!

Total Democrat ass backwards retard grass fire 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

When Trump was in office, what Dems “reached across the aisle”?
They pissed their panties at every turn because you know….hurt feelz.
The wicked, evil bitch Piglosi tore up a copy of the State of the Union speech on national TV because she is an mentally ill piece of sh!t.
Trump and his America First agenda didn’t sit well with the deranged Dems because they want to destroy this country with their open border and criminal loving policies, defund the police and the rest of their insane agenda.
They went so far as to say Biden actually received 80+ million votes, the most in history LMAO.
They are nothing but con artists and habitual liars.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I really want to see Tucker Carlson run for president. Or maybe Ben Shapiro. They both speak as though they actually graduated high school and did something respectable with their education. That's the kind of conservative leadership that doesn't make me immediately change the channel out of cringe factor. Candace Owens would get along well with either of them as a VP. Or she could turn the tables and pick them for VP instead.

We have options and they're actually not bad, is what I'm saying.

That’s an interesting take and choice of people I would not have expected you to bring out of the wood shed. I’m not as familiar with Shapiro as I am tucker Carlson. What do you like about him?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What I understood they want to block anyone who supported questioning the election and to block them from voting.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That's why they keep going after his tax records. If they can hang him for tax evasion, he will become ineligible.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I have often wondered why democrats are of such a hive mind. Lockstep. Why isnt there such a thing as a DINO? Oh, Manchin I guess.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Democrats should want him to run, it's about the only way Biden could get reelected.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join