It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow such a very disaster now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: nugget1
The reporter on the video said the Weather Service had no idea this was coming?? WTH?

In way too many of these events, it is a common theme. No Warning.

People went to bed thinking all was well to wake up fighting for their lives.

Way too often.

You missed the point!

Since when does the weather system not know of an approaching front? Approaching fronts are usually noted 5/6 days ahead of their arrival, and modified each day as to trajectory. Does Australia not have those capabilities? Their weathermen don't have radar to track upcoming storms?

Why can't scientists accurately predict the weather?

You might think that the National Centers for Environmental Prediction's supercomputers could never make mistakes, but even their abilities aren't up to the enormous challenge of weather forecasting. That's because they must take into account several large-scale phenomena, each of which is governed by multiple variables and factors. For example, they must consider how the sun will heat the Earth's surface, how air pressure differences will form winds and how water-changing phases (from ice to water or water to vapor) will affect the flow of energy. They even have to try to calculate the effects of the planet's rotation in space, which moves the Earth's surface beneath the atmosphere. Small changes in any one variable in any one of these complex calculations can profoundly affect future weather.

We are good at weather forecasting, but are not infallible.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I do believe Mr. John Casey put his finger on it about a decade ago and has written about it extensively.

The Cold Spell thread, heaps of info by ATSer Icycle2:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Snippet about Dark Winter, How the Sun is Causing a 30-year Cold Spell
Written by John L. Casey, former White House national space policy advisor, NASA headquarters consultant and space shuttle engineer
Published in 2014:

From the Foreword, written by Dr. Boris Komitov from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences:
- Earth’s biosphere is a result of three billions years of changes
- Well expressed cyclical variations satisfactorily explain epochs, small and large
- Most important to us are “cycles of the little ice epochs” - 2,200 - 2,400 years
- And climate oscillations of about 200

More: www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: angelchemuel

Not yet, Japan has suffered a massive snow storm, meanwhile Australia these huge floods.. no doubt it will be blamed on man made climate change, but is extreme weather an affect of carbon or something else? Weather modification? I can only speculate, but we are moving towards the resource based economy..

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
Do you remember a few years back when those weird radar things popped up? First one was over Eastern Australia I think if memory serves.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I always say man made or not the climate is changing. To deny that is foolish.

But we tend to see it through our own unique human perspective.
Think about that video in the op or any video regarding "crazy" weather.
You see the road breaking and think, oh man that's bad.
But what if the road were not there? Would it look as bad? I think not.
Next time you see a bad weather video remove the human element and ask yourself is it really that bad.

So climate change is bad for humans and human made things. But does the earth suffer? Of course not. Only humans can suffer.
If we are causing it we better stop. If we are not we still need to learn to live in the new climate. Because it isn't so much that the climate is changing as the climate has changed, right? I lived in the same place for 40 years. My local climate has changed.
edit on 8-1-2022 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Also I have to say that talking head chick must have had no idea what the next story was going to be. she reads the prompter with no sadness at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Do you remember a few years back when those weird radar things popped up? First one was over Eastern Australia I think if memory serves.
Rainbows
Jane

No, I don't. Was it like the HAARP array?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

TextWe are good at weather forecasting, but are not infallible.

So good you can't tell there's a storm front that could possibly affect an area? The news caster did say the weather service was caught completely off guard, which would indicate they had no inclination of possible precipitation.
It's not uncommon for storm fronts to change direction and completely miss an area, or arrive hours earlier or later than predicted- but not to see one at all?
Maybe it was just faulty equipment....

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's the one I think!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

The HAARP array is reported to be small enough now to be placed on Navy ships, submarines, barges, oil rigs, trucks and in strategic locations, like Brazil.
Lots of people think the HAARP array is still active in Gakona, Alaska- but it was donated to the University of Fairbanks and the antenna array was dismantled in 2013.

It gives an interesting 'conspiracy theory' view of global warming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join