It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files: let's have a little fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So I was re-watching some of the funniest X-Files episodes and I know the newer seasons weren't as good as the older ones but Darrin Morgan is a genius and was probably the best writer by far. He understood what the X-files could really be. Watch these 2 episodes and you'll see just how accurate our world view is. Everything discussed in these episodes rings truer and truer:

MULDER AND SCULLY MEET THE WERE-MONSTER (SEASON 10, EPISODE 3) - So true about us humans.

THE LOST ART OF FOREHEAD SWEAT (SEASON 11, EPISODE 4) - Really makes you question everything you've watched on the X-files even though you know Reggie isn't telling the truth the end really makes you think and the ending is perfect. Dr. They really makes you think as well.

Just some fun entertainment that applies to our everyday loves. One of the best shows and sadly I don't think we'll get anything this good again.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dleeb

I recently re-watched the entire series up through Season 10, and also watched Season 11 for the first time, but I still have not watched the final 3 episodes. I have them on my DVR, and also downloaded on my computer a few years ago. I want to watch them, but I think there's a part of me that just doesn't want it to be over. lol.... so I just keep putting it off.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
One of my favorite episodes was the one with the twist, where Mulder is trapped underground by a giant mushroom, that creates a new reality for him while it feed on him.
edit on 7-1-2022 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Season 6 Episode 21 'Field Trip'
www.imdb.com...

I liked the dumb/funny episode about vampires, with Luke Wilson as a sheriff. The episode is divided in half. The first half is Scully's version of what happened, and the 2nd half is Mulder's version. For Mulder's part, Luke Wilson is a stupid buck-toothed redneck who Scully is infatuated with.

Season 5 Episode 12 'Bad Blood'
www.imdb.com...

edit on 1/7/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

My 1st x file episode was the one with charles nelson riley and jesse ventura as guest stars. One of the best hours of tv I've ever seen. Huge fan.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I think there's a part of me that just doesn't want it to be over. lol.... so I just keep putting it off.

You too ? That's why I've never watched "Logan".

If I don't see he and the Professor die, it never happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConcernedCanadian

My 1st x file episode was the one with charles nelson riley and jesse ventura as guest stars. One of the best hours of tv I've ever seen. Huge fan.

Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'

my fave all time episode

"If you say anything about this--you're a dead man!"

"Ewww-wee! That's a real live dead alien if I ever saw one."

"I want the aliens to abduct me so I won't have to get a job."

the 'Die Bug Die!' cans in 'War of the Copraphages'.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My favorite were the nocturnal glowing voracious mutated mites that were released by old-forest logging!

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So many great episodes mentioned. Bad Blood is classic. Jose chung is great. Jesse ventura! "Your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes two-dimensional retinal images into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. Yet you somehow brazenly declare that seeing is believing!" I loved him in that episode.

So many classics glad others have enjoyed the show and the humor in it. One of those all time greats. I'm sad it's over but it was time. All good things must come to an end.

The truth is out there?

top topics

join