It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are colors really colors...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Compartmentalization is what we do all the time, we put labels on things. For ourselves or to describe / convey something to others. Words are basically that, a compartmentalization of a concept or behavior.

Like for instance if somebody says the words "I see a leaf" - Immediate, people think "ah, a leaf, these spear shaped things, outlined and green". No leaf looks like that, lol , leafs "are" not even green. It's just a compartmentalization of an object called to our consciousness and the expression of color we pick up through our senses.

Let me get it different:
People that talk all the time and never hear what anybody else has to say, will only be able to talk about their own conversation. The same is true for thinking. If you think all the time, that means, when I use the word "think": Talking to yourself, sub local conversation. The constant stream of words and symbols, the inner chit-chat with your mind, inside your skull.

Now, if you do that all the time you will find, you have nothing to think about except thinking! To experience what life is about, you have to stop thinking, to experience it unfiltered. Only then the beauty peaks through and we learn that not everything can be solved by thinking or arguing.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

we could live in our own little bubbles of existence that our brain/soul/whatever creates in a 50 meter radius and can connect to other bubbles to make a coherent world.

basically observation makes thing exist, so if something or someone is observing it exists and maybe if no one is looking or nothing can since it(like satellites) there is nothing there

When a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? cliché

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon
This is what I thought as a kid. Unknowingly dabbling into theories of quantum mechanics, being like in 3rd class or so.

I thought, if nobody is there to observe, not an animal, not a recording device.. it is not existing in that moment, why should it? Back then my mind was only grasping this about light, not other EM frequencies.

Today I can formulate it better: If we have no feedback from a system, it is closed. We can not look at it from a deterministic point of view. The information that could be gathered from inside is what Schrödinger's Cat represents.

Both dead and alive. Existing and not at the same time.

I do not believe in the simulation theory as in, we run on computers, but one does not exclude the other.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Do photons not continually pass through you, are electrons light, what do photons do to electrons

Electrons make up reality, is it a cloud of possibilitys that an electron creates, what part does the photon play if the photon passes through matter, does it animate mattter, does it animate animals. Is an animal a bad animation,

Some questions I have after reading you post

Thanks

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GUGLiL

Photons are particles of light or, depends on the viewpoint, EM waves, or both at the same time and can not penetrate matter. If it would, you would be blind as nothing would refract or reflect back. Only lower EM frequencies can. Like roentgen or ELF (extreme low frequencies).

Electrons are the angry little pixies that orbit their atoms in different energetic levels, they do not make up reality at all, they are part of it. An electron does not create any "possibilities". When an electron moves, it creates an electro magnetic field around it.

No offense but you should read up on some physics.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

we don't see anything our rain is locked inside a bone skull in absolute darkness

our brain takes electrical and chemical signals and makes an image out of them

as an organism we can not DIRECTLY observe the space around us, it will always go thru a filter like our eyes

we are in a soup of energy and we have evolved to filter most of it out other than what they call the visible spectrum.

imagine if we could see from radio to gamma rays, the world would look alot different

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon
as an organism we can not DIRECTLY observe the space around us, it will always go thru a filter like our eyes

This is precisely the point I'm attempting to make with this thread and my other threads I made in compendium to this one.

@GUG, Sorry but I am not a physicist, doctor or scientist. I can't really answer your followup question about photons.

originally posted by: noscopebacon
imagine if we could see from radio to gamma rays, the world would look alot different

Again, but this time to dig deeper, we see what we can "perceive" in our senses. What you said is directly fundamental to the opening post. Our "perception" versus the "true" reality. That is "luciferianism", and those that know the "tricks of the trade" are called the "enlightened ones" aka illuminati.

This ALL ties to the Veil of ISIS. This is the cornerstone of the manipulation and control.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Let me put this theory past you all.

Every single human, blade of grass, and anything that has life is connected inextricably? Maybe "our" soul is really the "soul-of-all"? Maybe we operate on one consciousness and one soul...but many material/physical bodies..? Something like Avatar or old school animism..

Or perhaps to be more accurate, like the matrix with ALL its black suited agents with "true" knowledge and "perception".

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cameos
God spoke the world into existence. The Bible indicates that God spoke and said, "Let there be light!" which would indicate that the sound of God's voice existed before light. That leads me to wonder how light is derived from sound.

This is everything wrong with faith and religion. It's is incredibly lazy, and stupid, to blindly accept a "God did it" explanation. Faith is a very dangerous concept because it prevents or even forbids critical thinking, and encourages blind obedience. There's a brain in your head. Whether it evolved or was created by a god, it is there for a reason. Use it!

Science doesn't actually know how the universe started, there are just hypothesis and theories. The Big Bang has the most evidence, it may not be correct but it's the best we have right now. If very smart people collectively using their brains can't yet figure it out, why should some ancient book be the source of all truth? There is no independent evidence to back up the "God did it" idea.

As for the main topic, humans are very limited beings. What we know about the universe is barely scratching the surface. We have to use tools that expand our senses, but these tools still only cater for our senses. Light is only one of the many ways the universe imparts information to us. There are no doubt other ways that are not light and that we lack the ability to comprehend for whatever reason we don't even know.

There are whole gaps in our knowledge we are unable to fill, because we simply lack the ability to comprehend and our senses cannot detect what is "missing". We know there is more going on, dark matter and dark energy for example encompass some those things we know exist but cannot detect.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

I think the problem more lies in where you "choose" to establish your truth based on such and such.

The fallacy for me growing up in a religious Catholic household was we held faith to a book, but if another book were to fall in front of us from the sky, we would show skepticism. It's contradictory.

What I mean to say is, there is more material than Genesis through Revelation... One may assume some of the book was "written" by God himself, but either way, it was the Roman Council of Nicea that compiled the books...There were divine gospels and testaments that were not included in the compilation (Bible).

Who's to judge the books divinity? Man? Very...undivine...No humility either. Instead, a power struggle between men and God.

"God spoke it into existence" is very rudimentary and doesn't even give it 1/1,000th of the elaboration or respect the story deserves. I personally tend to stray away from explaining the divine however because I personally feel it is a transgression to do so. Even calling "God", "God", is disrespectful. "It" is more than merely just a "God", "It" is "Everything" and "Everything" is "It". "It" does not embody, nor is "It" embodied. "It" is blinding light that no eye can look upon. "It" is not pure, as pure would imply "It" can be dirty. "It" is not good, as good would imply "It" can be bad.

"It" can not be defined by the human mind. It's like trying to comprehend the upper dimensions (past the 3rd).
edit on J19222 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hey it turns out I was talking about neutrinos not protons haha

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It's like trying to comprehend the upper dimensions (past the 3rd).

It takes "time" and it is possible for the mind to have a working model, however defining it is, due to it's nature, still impossibile.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Is sand really sand?

So much is made out of sand and yet it is a smaller bit of matter that was once a larger bit of matter... if all the sand were to return to what it once was before sand? What would be there?

Over time water and wind have washed away many of what appear as temples that appear to be the age of the sphinx body in Egypt... it appears that reconstruction started on it but then that idea died away after some time not being the original face on it.

Anu is supposed to be the Sumerian "Sky god" in Buddhism "Mara" was the same as a descriptor a "Sky god" I'm not sure if that refers to an Alien invader or ruler or not...

However the diamond throws all colors before it as Carbon out of what some call "clear light" many colors dance across the walls refracting or bending the light only achieved after refining it... like metal being called a refractory process of removing "impurities" or slag out of the base elements so that the element can become once again as it was in a "pure" state.

Can't see the light for all these colors is sort of saying can't find the aluminum in all this dirt without refracting or bending elements to refine it out of what is considered a baser material... if we say refining a stone of carbon makes a diamond instead of some ordinary run of the mill in the roadway stone? Then holding it up to the light is the epitome of all that hard work shown off as "colors".

All stones have a refinement and carry different hues or lights when held up to the "clear light" one would have to say the purest light however arises from within... and appreciates it as it already is cut or uncut, bent or not bent, reined or not refined. but that's just called acceptance of the way things already are.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I have been working in this 'puzzle' for many decades and you've given me a few more pieces. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My understanding while making my way through life is a little different to what I've been reading. Not that it isn't fascinating.

God said let there be light. This was the first act of Creation.
Why?

Well, because our existence is a manifestation of light.

Pure light rains down upon the world but it is not ' just ' light, it is God's light, Divine light.

We are light beings. We are children of the sun.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Seeing how there are four sorts of perceptive minds? To each sense... NO.

The literal mind sees the color as it was Pavlov'd to be and accept that as fact... Then stand on it as an unalterable fact, trusting those that came before them also Pavlov'd to it being that knew what they were talking about instead of Pavlov'd the same as them in here monkeys only eat bananas and plants are not carnivores.

That's one mind to the other minds? Those people are crazy, those people are insane those people are out of it.

To the figurative mind... There is no color as to what shape size and or dimension is this yellow you speak of this green etc? As it is fantasy make believe and not real... Sure be a Socrates and Plato all you want in trying to teach what their perception cannot.

Third mind those that have tried in all the descriptions of Yellow is the color of the sun or green the color of plant... then run like hell when that person goes blind or drinks thew Hemlock.

The fourth is the mind or generation grown out of that termed synesthesia and yet it is still called a disorder where the teachers and students of both have given birth to people that taste and smell colors as real and existing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join