It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMICRON VARAINT - Just A Cold

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone is going to get this variant. Trying to stop it is futile. Luckily it has evolved to just a nasty cold.

We're going to see some supply chain disruption over these OSHA protocols tho which will be a pain point coming soon.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Three members of a band I was in, did a small lounge during the holidays. The leader had all shots plus a booster. The other two had no shots.

They all came down with covid about 3 days later, but the leader that had his shots just wound up with cold symptoms. The other two got so sick they wound up in the hospital and one of those spent 2 weeks there and almost died.

If you have your shots, you certainly can still get the variant, but it is mostly very mild, and that seems to be an established fact on the street.

edit on 6-1-2022 by charlyv because: Spelling, where caught

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

So why are countries with nearly a 90% vaccination rates locking down if this is true?

Why is getting cold like systems suddenly catastrophic?
edit on 6-1-2022 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
They are demanding that everyone in Ontario be vaccinated for 100% for over something less than a milder flu or cold.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Its interesting how every country are listening to the none medical advises of Bill Gates and cronies. It was Bill Gates who last year or in 2020 he mentioned the pandemic ends with a 100% vaccination.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone is going to get this variant. Trying to stop it is futile. Luckily it has evolved to just a nasty cold.

We're going to see some supply chain disruption over these OSHA protocols tho which will be a pain point coming soon.

If everyone is going to get this variant its pointless blocking un vaccinated in the society. And polticans have no problems living in gated communities themselves to avoid the public.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 1/7/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

So why are countries with nearly a 90% vaccination rates locking down if this is true?

I am just relating my personal experience. This virus is dangerous but it seems that if you have your shots, it is not that severe.
I cannot speak for the rest of the world but I can see the lockdowns to actually protect people that will not vaxinate and the elderly that cannot fight like the young ones.

Personally, I do not hold much sympathy for those that refuse the vax based on internet rumors and the people on there that just want to cause havock with false information. This variant is running wild because there are so many to still infect and those around them with weak immune systems wind up going down with them. Responsibility should be something everyone should think of as well as respect.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
My wife and I went to a New Year’s Eve party last week, there was 12 people there.
2 are now Covid positive with cold like symptoms, 2 others have cold like symptoms but have not tested yet.
Their symptoms all started on Monday.
My wife and I are fine, no symptoms at all and so are the others, 6 days later.
Who the F knows?

Edit - The 2 that are positive have been vaxxed, the other 2 with symptoms are not vaxxed.

That just sounds like the normal outcome of any gathering at this time of year. Its been like this since humans started having parties. We have all become hypochondriacs, and have succumbed to mass psychosis.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

I am just relating my personal experience. This virus is dangerous but it seems that if you have your shots, it is not that severe.
I cannot speak for the rest of the world but I can see the lockdowns to actually protect people that will not vaxinate and the elderly that cannot fight like the young ones.

Personally, I do not hold much sympathy for those that refuse the vax based on internet rumors and the people on there that just want to cause havock with false information. This variant is running wild because there are so many to still infect and those around them with weak immune systems wind up going down with them. Responsibility should be something everyone should think of as well as respect.

But where I am, it those who have been vaccinated that are coming down with this variant, so who's sympathy do you hold now?

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Also, the naming of the different variants plays a big role in creating fear. We weren't constantly renaming the common cold.

Was the cold I had when I was 8, the exact same as one I had when I was 28? I don't know. Probably not. I didn't/don't care, because it doesn't matter what it's called. It's just called 'getting sick' or 'catching a cold'.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   

This virus is dangerous but it seems that if you have your shots, it is not that severe.
I cannot speak for the rest of the world but I can see the lockdowns to actually protect people that will not vaxinate and the elderly...

But since anyone/everyone can spread it, then why are there stricter rules placed upon the unvaccinated?

Those elderly can still catch it from someone who is vaccinated.

Also, unvaccinated people are not asking for this so-called 'protection'.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I've known people with and without the shots who have gotten it and to all degrees all the way around. I don't think it seems to matter much. I think it matters more what your personal health is and other similar factors.

And no matter what, there will always be those outliers who defy the expectations and blow the curve.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Vaccinated. So is that just the first two shots? Then you're considered Vaxxed for life? Or is it 4 per year for the rest of your life?

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
South Africa has changed tack on tackling COVID: why it makes sense

.....The main element of the new approach arises from a high level of population immunity. A sero-survey done in South Africa’s economic hub, Gauteng, just prior to the onset of the Omicron wave indicated that 72% of people had been infected over the course of the first three waves. Sero-positivity was 79% and 93% in COVID-19 unvaccinated and vaccinated people older than 50 years a group that had previously made up a high percentage of hospitalisations and deaths.

The sero-survey data show that immunity against severe Covid in the country has largely evolved through natural infection over the course of the first three waves and prior to the advent of vaccination. This has, however, come at the massive cost of 268, 813 deaths based on excess mortality attributable to Covid-19........

But there it is .... Natural Immunity .... Problem with that is natural immunity does not make a profit. Humans as currency needs to end.

edit on 172022 by MetalThunder because: carpe diem

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My cousin and her husband just got over "covid". Both are over 60. One vaxxed and the other is not. 7 days of a head cold.
I miss the days of cold and flu season. At least people didn't run around in fear

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Was the cold I had when I was 8, the exact same as one I had when I was 28? I don't know. Probably not. I didn't/don't care, because it doesn't matter what it's called. It's just called 'getting sick' or 'catching a cold'.

No it probably isn't there are over 200 different strains of the common cold it's why as a kid you get about 6 colds a year and as an adult you might 1 or 2 a year. You gain immunity to exact strain you already had, it doesn't give you a 100% guarantee you will never catch it again, but it does decrease the chances.

there are hundreds of viruses and viral subtypes that can cause a cold, and immunity to one type does not extend to others. Rhinovirus, for example, the most common cause of colds, has over 100 subtypes, each of which varies slightly in its genetic makeup and each of which can cause a cold. In addition, the cause of 20 percent to 30 percent of colds still remains unidentified, despite advances in molecular diagnostics.

So, while infection with a cold virus can protect against reinfection with that same virus, the existence of hundreds of different types of cold viruses means that we will always be susceptible to catching colds.

The results of these studies showed that for many people, infection with a cold virus can indeed provide effective immunity against subsequent exposure to that particular virus. More than half of the study participants made sufficient amounts of antibodies and were protected. Those who had a less robust antibody response, however, were not protected and came down with a cold after being reinfected.

Rhinoviruses and coronaviruses are recognized as the major causes of the common cold syndrome.

As I said we are freaking out over the common cold because the TPTB told us we all need to. And if you have a super weak immunity you can catch it again just like other colds.
I have to ask why are we punishing all of society for those with a weakened immunity, we have never done that before?
edit on 7-1-2022 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I remember growing up as a kid in the 80's that it seemed every year a Soviet leader died 'from a cold'. In the course of about 3 years, the Soviets went through Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko before landing on Gorbachev as a leader who could actually make through through a head cold alive.

Maybe what we've got here in Covid is just an old-fashioned Soviet-style head cold?

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

In my experience and having a daughter that works in the ER, covid can be nasty to some jabbed or not, and none to most, also everybody is going to get the moron variant, my daughter tells me is madness right now in the ER because the senile president told people that they could get free test, she claims most people filling up the ER looking for test do not even show symptoms of anything but a mild cold but test positive and want treatments.

They have to boost security in the ER she works at due to idiots demanding treatment of antigens and getting angry when they are told they do not fall within the guidelines for it.

My daughter said some of the nurses has gotten assaulted by idiots and she was told that she was incompetent for not offering treatment by an idiot that wanted treatment but did not need it.

This is the state of our nation today and the ERs thanks to the communist in power.

China will be soo proud, collapsing the health care system in the nation will weaken our economy and our nation more.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
They are demanding that everyone in Ontario be vaccinated for 100% for over something less than a milder flu or cold.

Vaccines aren't mandatory in Ontario. About 8-9% of my company is not vaxxed and they're still coming in every day.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join