It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting down for a few episodes of Moonshiners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Must get away from politics for a while.

This is a really funny show. It started out as some good 'ol outlaw boys making illegal likker. (Of course it's staged, after all it's TV) But these guys do make real moonshine. The show evolved, and now they're doing a take-off of the cooking shows where chefs compete, and a panel of judges picks the best dish. Now the boys are making their best recipes and competing, with real whiskey experts judging the products! In addition to good old rye whiskey, these guys make gin, absinthe, and other exotic stuff.

There's a couple weirdos in the cast, but most of them are just fun-loving good o'l boys. The guy who really cracks me up is Mark, who makes shine with his old buddy Digger. In one episode, Mark was worried that a competitor's recipe might be a bit better than his. When he tried a taste, he said:
"Damn! That there's a good drink of likker, and I ain't hardly bullshIttin."

In this video, Mark talks about his mentor, Popcorn Sutton. Popcorn used to say he made different batches of shine, and they all had different effects. One recipe would make you want to sing and dance, another made you horny, another made you cry, etc...

Making gin:

Our still site is haunted:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Popcorn Sutton... Wow.

If you like Moonshiners, watch:

Popcorn Sutton's "This is the Last Dam Run of Likker I'll Ever Make"

I dug it up for ya on youtube. Fact is, Ole Popcorn got into legal trouble for making it.

Sad story really.

edit on 6-1-2022 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i used to watch this its fun
good call getting away from politics for awhile

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Nice idea. I am a foodie and love cooking, so this type of show is my favorite time pass.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: amidr

wats a foodi
2nd

new topics

top topics

join