It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colston 4 Found Not Guilty of Criminal Damage in UK Over Statue Toppling

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Edward Colston was an historical figure here but was involved in the slave trade.

These four dragged his statue into Bristol Harbour. They did not dispute this and have been cleared by a jury of criminal damage.

If you want to see what 'woke" folk are like here in England, watch the video, if you can stomach them:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Sage Willoughby and Milo Ponsford? Quite.

Regardless of the moral issues raised here I think these are just woke.... Idiots?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The statue, incidentally, was recovered and is now a museum where it, and its subject's, place in history is explained.

link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Sad times when criminal charges are determined by political leanings.

link   

didn't think you would be on the side of common sense, but it's a nice surprise.
People who fear statues are going to have a really, really hard time in life, as the statues are relatively docile compared to some other folks. If you can't handle a statue, don't go outside, people are much scarier. They can talk.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

didn't think you would be on the side of common sense, but it's a nice surprise.
People who fear statues are going to have a really, really hard time in life, as the statues are relatively docile compared to some other folks. If you can't handle a statue, don't go outside, people are much scarier. They can talk.

Always on the side of common sense, me!

😉

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

it would be a worrisome trend if what you say is true.

if political leanings and activism beliefs can get you out of legal trouble for this, where does it end? robbery? assault? not paying taxes? who decides where the line in the sand is?

if someone damages property that isn't their own, they should be held responsible as outlined in the laws in their home town.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

laws are such fickle things. If you are in the position of power, you can disregard the ones you don't like, and let everyone do as they please. Much like the left leaning District Attorney's who's campaigns were assisted by Soros.

As Fauci is science, they are the law.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What other explanation is there?
They proudly admit to the crime.

How can they be not guilty?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What other explanation is there?
They proudly admit to the crime.

How can they be not guilty?

Probably because the jury consisted of similarly "woke" idiots, I fear.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Whom owned said monument?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Whom owned said monument?

Bristol City Council, I think.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Shocking decision.

But criminal charges were brought against the four by the CPS....politics had nothing to do with the decision to charge them, a jury found them not guilty.
How or why is beyond me.

However, the calls to limit trial by jury in light of this acquittal are also quite worrying.

Seems all sides are seeking to use this as an opportunity to further political agenda's.....quelle surprise.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So public property?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
From the article:

TextMr Willoughby denied they were trying to edit history, but said others were "whitewashing history" by calling Colston a "virtuous man".

How is that different than editing history by considering George Floyd someone to be honored?
Funny thing about hypocrites, they seem incapable of recognizing that they are the very people they fight against. They continue to paint themselves into a corner, with nary a clue of what they're doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Shocking decision.

But criminal charges were brought against the four by the CPS....politics had nothing to do with the decision to charge them, a jury found them not guilty.
How or why is beyond me.

However, the calls to limit trial by jury in light of this acquittal are also quite worrying.

Seems all sides are seeking to use this as an opportunity to further political agenda's.....quelle surprise.

Using this as an opportunity to further political agendas? Surely not? Please say it ain't so!

The thing that I can't stand is how smug these knobheads are. Anyone would have thought from their celebration that they had saved the World or something.

Into the harbour with them!

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think we're rubbing off on our grouchy old uncle carpy. When it comes to the carp in me pond, Uncle, ugly & boney is subjective as long as they keep growing and boy do they.

So good on ya'! I expect to be yelled at to get off your lawn but here's a tip o' the mug to you, sir, and a drop of me britches --along with ya--to them "woke" lads.

link   

Yet, ironically, after complaints about the Eric Gill sculpture at the BBC, they refused to remove it.
I'm sure they'd be delighted to see anyone trying to damage or remove it sent to prison.

The main message that the legal system seems to be sending here is that laws only apply to people on the other side of their chosen political preference.

Looking forward to seeing how this expands into the future.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
So public property?

No. Council property. Try burning down County Hall and see how far that argument gets you....

link   

Sage Willoughby and Milo Ponsford? Quite.

That in itself just speaks volumes doesn't it.

Regardless of the moral issues raised here I think these are just woke.... Idiots?

Yes.
But its becoming something more than just a trend etc for these pampered and privileged morons to engage in woke idiocy....its creeping into the very fabric of our society, which is very dangerous and needs stopping, now.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

The main message that the legal system seems to be sending here is that laws only apply to people on the other side of their chosen political preference.

That is terrifying.
No matter where it takes place.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join